• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. jcd302

Why didn't it lift more?

On the rear I did new shackles and perches. 3" longer than the stock ones. I cranked up the keys in front 1.5". The total lift I got in back was only 1.5". I have new keys for the front, just waiting til I get the tool to do it (and time). Shouldn't I have gotten 3" of lift in back? This is my...
  2. jcd302

Rear speaker wiring

I have XL 2007, that did not come with rear speakers. Where is the wiring that would normally go back here? Where can I splice in? I know at the radio there is the wiring coming out of the harness but where does that terminate? I hate to run wiring all the way up to the head unit and find out...
  3. jcd302

New Ranger in the family

Put down a deposit on a '96 for my son. It will be his first truck. Sold his SHO last week and we ran across this on Craigslist around the corner from my work. Needs cosmetic work and a cleaning inside, but mechanically seems to run out good. When he gets back home Monday, he will do the...
  4. jcd302

Dome light flashes

2007 XL 4x4 The other day when I got to work & parked, the dome light started flashing. Random like, and there was clicking coming from the SJB (passenger kick panel) I pulled the fuse (only works the light & horn). I noticed that is was marked with Sharpie so evidently, the previous owner had...
  5. jcd302

What happens if I cut this?

On this pic it is labeled V1. I have 1 located at V2 and suspect it is the DRL curcuit. If I cut it and am wrong, am I screwed? It is my DD. Jason
  6. jcd302

Wiring fog lights

Does Ford still use 1 harness like they did in the 90's? My 94 was wired for fog lights even though it didn't have them. (My 94 Stang was wired for a convertable, it was a coupe). I got the factory fogs, but is there going to be any wiring in my '07 Ranger or will I have to start from scratch...
  7. jcd302

2007 Wiring diagram - lighting or DRL's

I have DRL's on my Ranger. Supposedly, it can only be deactivated thru the OBD system or with some expensive Ford computer. Well I was thinking that there needs to be a wire somewhere from a board or box where the system would tell the light to come on. Might be at the switch or relay box or...
  8. jcd302

Offered a Stang for the Jeep, but....

The shifter is really hard. Won't start unless you can get it into Neutral. He says it is probably the cable. A quick search didn't reveal anything.
  9. jcd302

New ride!

2007 Ranger XL 4x4 4.0L automatic, a/c & cruise That is it! Rubber floormat, steel rims, no jump seats, am/fm radio. Just a truck. Just what you need none of the extra crap you don't! AND was blessed with a good deal because it has been sitting on the lot for months and no interest in it.
  10. jcd302

Sale Pending

Had a kid meet me at work for a few days, looked and drove it. Made an offer and is coming to pick it up tomorrow.:dunno: Guess it is Jeep time this winter.
  11. jcd302

Gear whine in Explorer

My wife's 2003 Exploder had a nasty growl/grind in the drivetrain somewhere. Would only show up after warmed up and slowing down (like an exit ramp). I replaced RF hub (little play), Both diff fluids (correct weights), but after I changed the transfer case ATF, the noise is similar to a whine a...
  12. jcd302

Need to decide between 2...

This is for my daily driver. I do 50 mile round trip to work daily. I have had this Ranger for a year & the Cherokee for 2 months. I have an '89 Ranger 4x4 & a '97 Cherokee Sport Both are automatic, 6 cyl, PT 4wd, high miles (213 on Ranger, 238 on Cherokee). Ranger tires are 50% & Cherokee is...
  13. jcd302

Un nerving noise from wife's X

It has been doing odd things. Replaced the RF hub assembly on the 03 Explorer (110k). All other 3 wheels are tight, that one had slight play, thinking OK great found the source of the noise. Pulled the diff cover off as well, all looked good (as I was told), buttoned it up and filled with Lucas...
  14. jcd302

My new toy.

I always seem to have something odd, that isn't really. Like the Shelby Charger that I finally sold after 6yrs. Yesterday I ran across this. 2000 ZX2 S/R Only 2110 made. Factory Installed Performance Parts... Iceman intake Leather shift boot B&M Short throw shifter Centerforce Performance...
  15. jcd302

Frame "repair"

I just bought my 89 last week & while trying to fix an exhaust leak I noticed a heavy duty C channel bolted inside the frame. Just in front of the rear spring perches it looks as if a new frame has been grafted in (both sides). Straight cut, welded and this HD plate bolted in. If this was just a...
  16. jcd302

Exhaust leak @ cat advice

Where the Y pipe comes into the cat, the gasket is gone. The cat has studs that are shot. I know I am going to have to cut them, but am I going to have to drill out what is left of the studs from the cat or can they just be "popped out" like a wheel stud. I just want to make sure I have...
  17. jcd302

BFG air pressure

When I got my Ranger, the kids had 50# in the BFG All Terrains. That would explain why it rode like a forklift. I dropped it down to 40 and it seems to ride much better. How much pressure do you usually run in yours?
  18. jcd302

My intro

Guess I'll start with my Ranger history. All have been DD's and not heavily modded. 1992 2wd 3.0L 5 spd reg cab. LB. Bought this while in the Navy. My first Ranger. 1988 X-cab STX 2.9L 3" lift running 33's if I remember. Sold it at 180k in 2000. Last I knew it was still being used (2007). 1994...
  19. jcd302

Factory tach reads wrong

Just picked up this 89 (2.9L 4wd). Going let's say 55 it says 3000 rpm. At idle it says 1200 but is is obvious it is not ideling that high. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad