• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dome lights doesn't work after stereo deck install

A friend of mine that did a really shitty wiring job (L Speaker was wired to right, right is left) hooked it up and now my dome light doesnt work at all. Also everytime i turn my lights off or on the deck resets itself, but im mostly concerned about my dome lights because its really useless at...
  2. Looking for performance Cam

I was looking at Comp Cams and they have a 268 High Energy cam i would really like to install. Would i need to do some head work or up the compression for that cam to work? Or can i just install it? I'm wanting a cam just above stock where it has a nice somewhat choppy idle but is very good for...
  3. 87 2.3 Compression question

I ran a compression test on my 87 2.3 4 plug. Cylinders 2 and 4 read about 150 psi, cylinder 1 i was told was low (I can't remember the exact number), and cylinder 3 is completely dead at 0 psi. Think the valves on #3 is stuck open? I don't know how many miles are on my truck, but i will say i...
  4. engine rebuild? 87 ranger 2.3

Smoke is coming out of my intake, but not so much out of my exhaust, only when you first start it up for the day and it sputters until you drive it around a little bit. What do you think the problem is? I took a video of it if it helps any. Oh, and also my engine shakes like a seizure. I'm...
  5. Need to rebuild my 2.3

What are some good vendors that sell rebuild kits online for cheap? I don't know if i can get a kit for under $800 but it would be nice, i don't think i even need the complete rebuild kit, my piston rings went out because i have serious blow by (Smoke pouring out of the intake) and it shakes...
  6. Why does my 2.3 sound like a tractor?

I know this video shows it being straight piped with a Cat Still on (my glasspack fell off), but even with a glasspack or a chambered muffler on, people eyeball me thinking i'm driving a John Deere or a Case Tractor in downtown. I've heard other 2.3s straight piped and it has a nice clean sound...
  7. White Smoke From Intake/Blue Smoke From Exhaust

Today my 87 2.3 ranger started acting weird. Right before i parked it, i was trying to race it by going 85 mph.. I normally do not shift past 4.5k rpms, but when i parked it at my friends house, white smoke started to come out of the intake when it's idling, and blue smoke comes out of the...
  8. What dummy light is this? 87 2.3 Ranger

So my dummy light came on, i'm assuming its a check engine light. If you cant see that great, it's the light on the very bottom right corner. I have a 2wd 2.3 1987 Ford Ranger. I only have three dummy light bulbs on the dummy light cluster and 2 on the tach.
  9. 87 Ranger 2.3 Ignition Timing

What is the correct way to set the ignition timing? When i bought the truck for $150 0-60 would take a 1 minute foot to the floor, not joking. I just turned the dizzy until i felt it was set right but i still feet its not correct because it doesn't start up right away and the gas smells funny...
  10. 87 Ranger 5 speed Sloppy Shifter

I have an 87 Ranger with a 5 speed tranny but not sure of what model. I was going up a bumpy road in the mountains and all of a sudden my shifter went from being fairly tight to really loose and sloppy... If i move the stick all the way to the right where it's not supposed to be it gets stuck in...
  11. Late 90s Ranger Header 2.3. Will it work?

I have an 87 Ford ranger with the 2.3 and i really want to put a header on it without spending the crap tons of money by purchasing an aftermarket one. If i find one from a mid 90s ranger will it bolt right up? The manifold i have on there now with my glasspack is kinda quiet and i want to make...
  12. 87 2.3 2000 Rpm Idle

So i fixed my truck that had like zero power by playing with the dizzy and turning it until it had a sweet spot, well i think i got it in its sweet spot because the thing ran like new and had so much power than before, but now the only problem i'm facing is that it idles way too high, mostly...
  13. 87 2.3 no power!!!

I have an 87 Ranger i got for $150 and it just has absolutely no power at all. I gave it a full tune up and we set the ignition timing on it and i changed the fuel filter, it has like no throttle response either. Sometimes i can hear popping from intake too if i run if i try to take off below...
  14. 87 2.3 no start HELP!!!

I have an 87 ranger that will just not start. I drove it fine one day. Next cold morning it started up just fine, and then it idled down to like 300 rpms and then shut up and never could get it started again. I put in new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter, and i checked to see if i have...
  15. 87 2.3 No Start HELP

I have an 1987 ranger with a 2.3 EFI. I started it up one day and it idled at 1000 rpms and then it went down to 300 rpms and shut off on its own and i could never start it again after that. Both Fuel Pumps are working and i'm getting plenty of spark, and it sounds like it doesnt even want to...
  16. 87 Ranger 2.3 EFI Rpms climb slow

I just got an 87 ranger with the EFI 2.3 and the rpms climb really slow.. It idles fairly nice although i'm sure it could use a full tune up, and the timing might need to be adjusted. Heres a fairly good example of what im talking about, the gas pedal was pressed half way...
  17. Bronco II wheels on ranger?

I have an 88 Bronco II with stock wheels and i was wondering if i can put them on my 1987 Ford Ranger 2WD that i got for $300. and it needs wheels bad because 1 is 15" and has a bad bead in it. Will it fit? thanks
  18. no power, sputtering, fire from exhaust, bad idle

I own a 88 ford B2 with the 2.9, this thing has no power.. When i step on the gas, it just sits there and sputters and coughs, cant do over 60 mph because it doesnt have the balls to, and spits fire from my exhaust. Also when i start it up in the morning it idles perfect, and then i drive it for...
  19. fluid leaking from bell housing

I have an 88 B2 with the Fm146 transmission. Like a week ago my clutch pedal went to the floor and had no resistence so i added dot 3 fluid and it worked for 2 days, then i had to add more, and the process repeats. Did my slave cylinder go out? How do i replace it?
  20. Headlights and fuel pumps dont work

So anyways i parked my car for the night, pull the headlight switch all the way back, only parking and taillights came on, but i started it up and ran fine. So then i wake up next morning (today) and i don't hear the relays clicking at all and my pumps are not making noise. I bypassed the fuel...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad