• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dirtymike

Wanted 2.9L cooling fan

My radiator fan has seen its better days. Im having trouble finding a replacement. All the one i find are 8 blade and mine is 7 blade. Any help is appreciated.
  2. dirtymike

Wanted Headers

1987 Ranger XLT LWB 2.9 liter 5 speed manual Fm145, Looking for JBA or pacesetter headers.
  3. dirtymike

Fuel filter/canister

At on point in the life of this ranger i have taken out the black fuel canister with 4 connections and by-passed it. In my latest endeavor to overcome the rusty fuel system I replaced the fuel filter that i put in place some time ago (4 years) .I placed it in the way it was taken out, backwards...
  4. dirtymike

EGR valve tube

I have tried to locate a EGR valve tube some time now. Seems mine has rusted away. anybody know where to get one. I would say the exhaust manifold should be taken off to properly attach a new one. Did a few searches, rock auto, carparts.com.etc. No luck so far. 1987 ranger 2.9l 4x4
  5. dirtymike

fuel rail

I have been on the search for a fuel rail for a 1987 ranger 2.9Litre engine. It has eluded me so for. Does anybody here know where i can purchase one and why are these parts so scarce. Ford made a blue million of these vehicles and it seems they are disappearing fast. I believe the part number...
  6. dirtymike

fuel tank part number

Needing to replace the fuel tank on a 1987 ranger standard cab long bed,2.9l 4X4 114" wheel base. To clean and line the tank is about about 60 bucks. Rock auto has a three 17 gallon tanks,1. SPECTRA PREMIUM F21C {#E5TZ9002C 2. LILAND GLOBAL IF21C {#E5TZ9002C} 3. DORMAN 576128 {#E5TZ9002C...
  7. dirtymike

wiring harness

1987 ranger 2.9l 4x4 FM145 Trans AC/MT. The wiring harness for the fuel injectors have been falling apart one by one. I cant find a manufacturer to make a replacement. I have found one for an 88, Not sure if its interchangeable. Looks like it has a lot more wiring. Is 1988 when Ford went to...
  8. dirtymike

power loss

1987 ranger LWB 4x4 FM145 trans 2.9L EEC-IV. Was having a little miss at highway speeds until my alternator went out. With that done it had a day and started a dead miss. Changed out TFI with a couple i knew were good, same story, dead miss at idle now. Fuel pressure is at idle is 28-32, At WOT...
  9. dirtymike

dead miss

1987 ranger LWB 4x4 FM145 trans 2.9L EEC-IV. Was having a little miss at highway speeds until my alternator went out. With that done it had a day and started a dead miss. Changed out TFI with a couple i knew were good, same story, dead miss at idle now. Fuel pressure is at idle is 28-32, At WOT...
  10. dirtymike

1987 alternator wiring

My 87 ranger 2.9 4x4 alternator went out. It had been replaced once before by me PN 7725-2. Took the alternator to Autozone where i had got it years ago. Seems that all the alternators have been modified ,changed or deleted. One remains in place for all (AZ DL7725-2). After cutting the pig off...
  11. dirtymike

tap noise when brake applied firmly

I have noticed lately a audible Tap coming from the right front brake. It doesn't do it every time, just when i have to apply it more rapidly. I have had the brake caliber off and on to check if all was intact and it was fine. I apply the brake grease where needed and reassembly. After a few...
  12. dirtymike

horn location

The horn has been AWOL since I've owned this Ranger. I really didn't notice the large hole that was there until i pulled the inop AC cooler and pump out. I wonder if rain water has filled the charcoal canister right below it?
  13. dirtymike

fuel manifold

Been having a problem with the fuel manifold drying out and fine rust forming on surface. When it sits for extended periods. After about a year of on and off sitting the fuel drain's out of the manifold and rust forms clog's injectors and then a lose of power. I take them apart and rebuild. Any...
  14. dirtymike

which 5.0(302)

I am looking into a V8 swap. I really don't know where to start. Would like to have a carb back, points all that 60's jazz. Point me in the right direction If it aint to much trouble, I can screw up everything after that. Dirty
  15. dirtymike

chime

My chime Seems to stay on until turn the switch back off and on again fast before the engine stalls. I found the chime behind and above the glove box. I disconnected it and it stopped and the truck ran fine. the question is what does this module do. The manual wasn't helpful. Thanks Dirty
  16. dirtymike

Ac delete

I have got most of the AC components removed except for the box on the firewall. Is there a aftermarket Box for the one without AC or is this a junk yard part. Thanks Dirty
  17. dirtymike

camber

I have placed washers (7) under the spring and replaced the shocks. Now that i have the desired height the cam bushings are in need of adjusting or replaced to gain the correct camber. I searched and read a lot in the tech section, lots of knowledge. I didn't see anything on which direction to...
  18. dirtymike

camber

After i placed the washers under the springs to lift the and level the front end i have a positive camber. Hope i can turn the camber alignment bushing enough to get it straight.
  19. dirtymike

shackles

Will the belltech 6400 shackles fit a 1987 ranger 4X4. They are advertised as lowering shaclkes. Mine measure 3" wide at bottom 2.5 " at top and 4.5" eye to eye. Looking to lift the rear without blocks. Thanks Dirty
  20. dirtymike

shock tower

Got to the rear shocks today. Had to search the web to find a pair of bilstien shocks that matched the front (24-185509). Took off the driverside and broke the pin that holds the shock, about par for the coarse. These are prone to break on rangers from reading through past post. thought i was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad