• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dirtymike

Pops 1988 Ranger XLT 2.9 4x4

Might just need a little clean fuel and a little carbon cleaned out. All these guys in here help each other if they know the answer to the issue. Details, numbers and pics!! I would say if you search the forum for known issues you will find a thread on it... Dirty
  2. dirtymike

1985 Ranger XLT 347 stroker

break it in slow them shred them D28s
  3. dirtymike

The legendary 2.9 Free Floating Rockers

black plague??
  4. dirtymike

Pole barn shop wiring

NEC
  5. dirtymike

too many amps

ohms law prevails
  6. dirtymike

Testing alternator

1986 manual should have only two wires, correct? "I still showed a 12v draw from negative pole to the negative clamp." I'm confused. You need a clamp on on inline Amp meter to measure Current draw. On one wire at a time! Voltage is always there(12V) but until you close a circuit no...
  7. dirtymike

I miss pandemic trucking.

Aint nothing like racing and rubbing on the commute to work!!
  8. dirtymike

Sweet home Chicago!!
  9. dirtymike

Use to go to Chicago southside to see old "Charlie", Nice town.
  10. dirtymike

Not much changed here. Seen more wild life that for sure.
  11. dirtymike

Power to trailer

Wisdom is spoken soft and slow, Most hear but fail to Listen.
  12. dirtymike

Testing alternator

If you can feel connector block on the alternator with your hands, run up the wires and you will probably find a splice close(6"-10")away from it.
  13. dirtymike

Testing alternator

It might have already been replaced and is wired in straight. If it is from Autozone, its soldered in. Had to solder in my sons 1989 but my 1987 had a pinch plug.
  14. dirtymike

1990 Gas Tank Fill Hose

Now you can fill her up. Had about the same problem with a 1987. The tube on the inside came loose. Didn't find out why it leaked until I replaced the tank. I got lucky the outer tube was still pliable to use. Dirty
  15. dirtymike

Help with camper shell dimensions

I was thinking a wide plank with water/fuel/ cans that anchor from underneath.
  16. dirtymike

Replay buzzing from passenger side causing the bronco to buck and sometimes die

Look behind the glove box. The door sides squeezes past open to swing out and down. A black box mounted to a steel mounting plate with wires on a connector. Mine buzzed but i never had a issue with it, just noise.
  17. dirtymike

2.3L ('83-'97) Axle ratio

Good Stuff, stuck in my head now.
  18. dirtymike

Power to trailer

In the tech section of this forum there is a trailer wiring diagram. Have you search this section.
  19. dirtymike

Power to trailer

I took something similar out (little convertor from Uhaul) of a jeep 4X4 that was towed behind a RV. Not sure what it was though. Im sure someone here has the answer. They will chime in soon. Hold tight.
  20. dirtymike

Gas in my oil… still

133.000 aint bad. do the top end and see how she takes it. My 2.9 has had it done twice. Plenum has been off 3 time to clean injectors. Rebuilding injectors are a breeze. I still have the OEM injectors from 87'. I keep clean spares. As long as the coils still fire, its all cleaning and O-ring...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad