• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. exhaust temps

how hot do the exhaust pipes get from the cats back, but not including the cats, on an 06 explorer 4.6l?
  2. 06 explorer 4x4 max tire size

hey guys on an 06 exploroer, 4x4, v8, with stock suspension, what is the biggest tire size i can safely fit w/o hitting the sidewall hitting the upper control arm(by the ball joint), or rubbing on the fenders etc? its got a 245/65R17 stock im thinkin i might be able to fit a 265/6517 but im not...
  3. 03-06 explorer drivetrain

03-06 explorer drivetrain + suspension hey guys my b2 took a dump on me last week. the oil ppump went out and my engine fried. so i have been lookin at some used explorers for saIL, some with the 4.0 and some with the 4.6. when i looked under them, i was very surprised to see that they no...
  4. front axle slip yoke seal

ok guys, on the pass side axles shafts for the d28, where the slip yoke is, there is a rubber seal that seals the splines of the 2 shafts(slip yoke). this seal broke taking(forcefully pulling) the axles apart, and the groove it sat in was rusted thru in a spot. my questions are 1) do i need this...
  5. An Engine That WOULD NOT Die!

first off, let me say that i would NEVER have believed this if i had not seen it with my own 2 eyes! i work at a dealership where we have to seize the engines of cars that have been traded in under the CARS program. these engines are completely drained of oil and sodium siliciate is put in to...
  6. oil starvation at 2500+ rpm

ok, first off, i have not put an oil pressure gauge on this thing now, we all know that the 2.9l tick is caused by lack of oil pressure and a crappy lifter design. the problem im having is that my tick only happens at 55mph+, which equates to roughly about 2250-2500rpm +. after a few...
  7. stock susp swap questions

88 ranger 2.9 5spd 4x4 vs 88 b2 2.9 a4ld are the front springs the same? whats the easiest(quickest?) way to swap out the d28 diff? story goes that when i got the ranger i swapped the d28 and 7.5 from the bronco to the ranger. for the d28, i swapped over everything, springs, ttb's, radius...
  8. wierd fuel/electrical problem

ok guys, got a good one for ya saturday morning i went to start my b2. it started then died. tried again, started and died. tried again, this time holding the pedal down a little, as i figure that my iac valve is goin up. i run it for 30sec or so, gently let off the pedal. runs for a couple...
  9. A4LD questions

several a4ld questions i have that i couldnt really find definitive answers to in the tech library 1. can you use the 4.0l specs and parts from a 90-94 a4ld to rebuild and strengthen a 86-90 a4ld? 2. is a 90-94 a4ld a simple plug and play swap(as in bolts right in, no wiring necessary, uses the...
  10. friction modifiers

hey guys the tech library says to use ESP-M2C154-A in our axles, but my local napa store sent me up one that meets the specs of M2C118-A. are they equivilent or should i get the right stuff from ford?
  11. correct oil for older engines

hey guys my dad keeps telling me that with engines as old as these u can not use modern oil because of the API rating, as the oils are deisgned for the new engines in new cars. he keeps telling me to use rotella 10-40 b/c of the older api rating this oil has...any truth to this? do i have to use...
  12. need advice on A4LD

hey guys got a 88 B2 w/ A4LD. unfortunetly, the clutches are slipping, as seen when my rpm stay the same and my speed increases, and when it slips into third i really really need this tranny to last. i was thinkin of usin a BG flush machine and chemicals to flush and clean the tranny, then...
  13. 99 F250 codes

hey guys a friend of mine(who is, hot damn, real cute!) asked me to find out what 2 codes mean on this truck P1105 Dual Alt Upper Fault P1106 Dual Alt Lower Fault now obviously i know what the codes mean, my question is really how to diagnose and what might have caused these to come on the...
  14. bank2

which side if bank 2? driver or opassenger? thx guys
  15. cutting fenders

hey guys i gotta trick my fenders to fit my 35's on. im planning on cutting them using the stock fender flares as a template. my questions are thus: 1. is there anything on the inside of the fenders that bolts to them? anything they support or can i just cut away? 2. what type of pacer flares to...
  16. 6" skyjacker leafs, springs shackles

hey guys i order some 6" skyjacker rear leafs. they seem to be a little bit shorter length wise the my stock springs, making the shackle angle forward instead or perpendicular or backwards. is this correct? unpon going to bed last night i relized that i probably have the shackle mounted wrong...
  17. 13.0 - 13.5 MPG, stock drive train

new plugs, wires, injectors, radiator(it was leaking), rad hoses, thermostat, intake gaskets, rebuilt tranny(yeah, that was a nightmare), clutch, slave cylinder, rear main, pads, rotors, calipers, fuel filter engine has been decarbed 3 times, blue devil coolant sealer has been ran through...
  18. stock ride height

does anyone know what the stock ride height on my ranger would be? im doing some modifying to my bds lift and im trying to figure out how much total lift i will be getting from stock
  19. spark plug suggestions

hey guys im doing a long-range type experiment on my truck on which plugs are best for it so far i have tried: autolite iridium 11.6 MPG,slight rough idle, even power bosch +4's 13.6 MPG, rough idle, higher powerband motorcraft originals 13 MPG, smooth idle, very even powerband...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad