• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. robmedina

rough country nitro 9000 review

These shocks may not be for everyone but they have been great on my truck. I have a 97 ranger with 183,000 miles on it. It is a regular cab, short bed 2wd XLT. 4 banger and all. since installing these shocks I have a much better ride. Yes it is a little stiffer than what was on the truck (cheap...
  2. robmedina

Kayak Fishing

I just bought a 12' sit on top angling kayak. Anyone in nj/pa/de that kayak fish and would like some company let me know!
  3. robmedina

2.3L vs 2.5L

How can you tell the difference between the two motors visually?
  4. robmedina

1997 ranger with 4/97 production date...2.5?

do I have a 2.3L or 2.5L in my 97 ranger? Please help... So I have been taking my truck to my mechanic since I bought it for oil changes (trying to share the love since I can afford to have someone else do it) but recently (I wont go into why) I have decided to do them myself. Last oil change...
  5. robmedina

User Notes in your profile

Does anyone know what the user notes on your profile page for? I just noticed them on mine and there are 3 pages of "user notes" all about advertising- Almost like someone hacked into my account or something. Should I change my password?
  6. robmedina

Glow Gauges

Installed glow gauges today.
  7. robmedina

My 97 Ranger

Here is my ranger. Here is a list of things I have done: New Cutch New Fuel filler hose New Battery New Starter New Solenoid New K&N Air Filter (in existing cold air intake) New fuel Filter New Spark plugs new shocks had the stock driver seat 60/40 cut down to a bucket and installed rampage...
  8. robmedina

Stock Coil and leaf Spring replacement

I have a 97 ranger, 2.3L 2wd. If I change the coils and leaf springs and put stock new in would it raise the truck up? Currently my truck sites level when I have cable (telephone wire) in the back and my tools. If I have alot of cable it starts to sag slightly- this is what I am trying to...
  9. robmedina

bodymount bushing replacement

Hope this is the right forum, but does anyone know where I can get replacement bolts, washer and nut for the 6 body bushings. I have been spraying the existing hardware for a few weeks now 2-3 times a day with penetrating oil but everytime I try to crank on them they wont budge and I am afraid...
  10. robmedina

97 ford ranger exterior door handle

I have 2 questions- THE SCENARIO- I just changed out my drivers door handle with one I got from autopartswarehouse.com. I got the new one in and got the actuator to work (unlock the door) and put the door panel back on. Closed the door opened it, closed the door and opened it a second time and...
  11. robmedina

97 ranger 2wd

Well I got some new wheels today. I saw an ad on craigslist for used jeep wheels. They are 235/70R 15's. My original tires were 225/70r 14. What a difference in the looks! All for $150! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO UPLOAD A PIC. IF IT DID NOT WORK AND YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SEEING THE DIFFERENCE...
  12. robmedina

Transmission hissing when down shifting

ok 2 things. 1st- when I drive long hwy distance- my transmission makes a hissing noice (rather a long hissssssssss) when I down shift from 5th to 4th (as I am slowing down) Sometimes it will do it downshifting from 4th to 3rd also. Any idea what that could be? Truck info: 1997 ford ranger XLT...
  13. robmedina

gauge cluster- will this "bolt in" in my 97 ranger?

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/2127769978.html Does anyone know if this will plug and play with my 97 ranger XLT, 2.3 5 speed? Currently this looks like my gauge layout except I do not have a tach. Any thoughts?
  14. robmedina

97 2.3 rough idle

After cleaning the MAF, IAC, installing a new air filter, fuel filter, installing a few new vacuum hoses I still had a rough idle. I even got some seafoam and ran in through the brake booster hose and in the fuel tank but still had that erratic idle. I planned on doing new plugs and wires but...
  15. robmedina

hissing noise

I just noticed my trucks makes this hiss noise when I shut it off. I replaced a couple of the vacuum hoses recently- was wondering if maybe I screwed something up- anyone ever experience this? Also- I noticed that my reverse lights were on no matter what gear I was in. I sat still and ran the...
  16. robmedina

Cleaning the MAF sesnor

On a 97 2.3L Ranger. I am just curious. I cleaned my MAF a few weeks ago but I want to see if the way I did it makes a difference or not. When I removed the MAF from the intake hose I did not remove it from the metal housing- I could see the little wires (sensor) so cleaned them with the unit...
  17. robmedina

seat belts

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement seatbelt for my 1997 ranger- regular cab. It has the 60/40 split. I need the receiver for the driver side, which also houses the center seat lap belt. I called a local salvage yard and they have a belt from a 1994 but the truck has buckets and it...
  18. robmedina

it's doing it again....

OK, so far, I changed the fuel filter, cleaned the MAF & IAC, new air filter, replaced one vacuum hose. I am planning on having the plugs and wires changed next week. What it's doing: random sputter when idling. runs perfect otherwise, any suggestions?
  19. robmedina

Rough Idle problem fixed.....I hope.

So a few weeks now my truck has randomly given a rough idle when I am stopped and in neutral. I attributed it to a gas station that I had been getting gas at for the last few weeks. I removed and cleaned the MAF & IAC. I installed a new air filter & fuel filter, but the problem persisted. I did...
  20. robmedina

TRS Tech Library Strikes again!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to TRS and the TECH LIBRARY. I changed my fuel filter today because #1 I bought the truck with 129,000 miles on it and did not know if it had been changed before and for under $20 why not? #2 The truck just started having really rough idle (almost to the point...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad