• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 79 302 With M5OD-R2 TRANNY

I'm going to be using an older 302 with 28oz. Balance and the tranny is as M50D-R2 with the hydraulic clutch. Should I use the clutch plate and pressure plate for the older setup or the newer like say 90-92 ? Don't know if the older clutch and pressure plate would work with hyd. Clutch setup.
  2. Maverick exhaust manifolds or 5.0 explorer mainfolds

Which one would be better to use on a 351w given a choice?
  3. 5.0 plenuim on a 5.8

Can you use a 5.0 plenuim on a 5.8 intake? F-250's used alot of the 5.8's with MAP system. I would like to change it over to MAF system I have F -150's and F-250's with 5.0's with MAF system just trying to figure out if I can change enough parts to change to 5.8 maf. Or what would you have to do...
  4. 351 in 92 ranger 4x4 ext. Cab

Been collecting parts for the last 5 years to do the change over. The engine is a 351w crate motor my friend gave me it to me and it only has 40,000 miles on it( I couldn't refuse). I have a 3" body lift and 4" suspension lift on the truck allready so I'm hoping it won't be to bad. Pulling out...
  5. F-150 front shocks in ranger

Has anyone tried putting f-150 front shocks as a replacement for the front shocks on a ranger without any mods ? It looks really close but it looks like they will fit? On a 92 ranger 4x4.
  6. Stiff springs for 4" lift

I use to have heavy duty spring with 2" spacer under the coils. I came into a 6" skyjacker lift kit. I don't like the springs they are to soft for me. I'm tring to figure out where to get a heavy duty springs for 4" lift because I don't really like the 6" hieght or the soft springs. Does...
  7. Issues with insurance for lifted truck

There are some insurance companies that don't want to touch insuring my truck being lifted it increases the roll over factor. I am at a point where I now am going to put in a v-8 . Do I have to worry about insurance ? I don't want to put a lot of time and money into it and not be able to get it...
  8. Computer not right ?

92 RANGER is running crappie under load . In open loop when it's cold it runs great. I also have an air/fuel ratio gauge when it gets to where you can tell that the o2 sensor has kicked in is when it runs bad under load. I have had it seems like every code in the book. Right now I have a 452 &...
  9. Runs Great when it's cold

92 ranger 4.0 runs great when it's cold under load, response or whatever. Go down te road 20 miles hr in 5th gear no bucking or anything . Once the teperature gets up to where it suppose to be it cut's out some times under a little load like it either loses gas or electric. It has to be...
  10. Transfer case years interchange

I have a 2000 ranger 3.0 with automatic tranny the transfer case works most of the time but when I am plowing the transfer case at times will jump out like it's not fully ingauged to start with (It locks back in when I back up). I don't want to keep doing this and ruin the transfer case. I can...
  11. Head liners

Any body know if a head liner out of a 93 extended cab will fit a 92 extended cab ?
  12. Computer from Automatic

Can you use a computer from an automatic if you are going to run a standard v-8?
  13. Front Lift ?

I have recently accuired a sky jacker soft ride 6" lift I put on my 92 ranger 4x4. I don't need the travel because I don't do off road as such. Ipretty much put it on to get the 35x12.50s on it. I don't like the soft ride front coil springs. I had pretty new h.d. coil springs from before I was...
  14. How do you get in your truck ?

While I'm really getting to like putting on bigger tires + lifts. I all ways have to figure out a different way to get in my truck. How do some of you other guys do it? Some of the trucks don't even have side steps?
  15. Red ranger in skyjacker add

This might be a dumb question but is the red ranger in the skyjacker lift add on this site real or is it just a picture ? That truck has got to be my all time favorite of any one I have ever seen. Just curious.
  16. Front axles disengage under pressure

2000 Ranger 4x4 3.0 I noticed in the fall when I had the back drive shaft out I was checking out vibration . I was driving with just the front drive shaft in .If I gave it to much gas the front would jump out . Not sure whats going on. Now in the winter if I'm giving it a lot of gas the front...
  17. Changed Lower Ball Joints Abs On ?

I changed the lower ball joints in my 2000 4x4 ranger and now abs light is on. Have to check it out. Just checking to see if anybody else has run into the same problem. I just love all this new tech. .(NOT!)
  18. 3.08 Gears

I want to find out if you can get 3.08 gears for the dana 35 ? BOWTURKEY
  19. 2004 Explorer tire size change

2004 explorer has 16" rims. Can I change to 15" rims and tires ? 15" 31x10.5 ? what difference in handling or anything else will I see?
  20. Speed Sensor 2000 Ranger ?

Every thing and everybody says it's on the rear axle but when I unpluged it and the speedometer still works? The ford dealer doesn't list the sensor for the tranny. According to the thec. on here it doesn't have one in the tranny. anybody have a clue?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad