• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dube_77

A4LD swap to TK5

i just got a tk5 cuz my a4ld is starting to go out i think. just want to hear from some other guys that have swapped to that in and see what problems they hit along the way. any info will help. my main question is r they the same length??:icon_cheers:
  2. Dube_77

Quick question!

does anybody know what was the most popular 5speed that ford put in 1988 rangers with a 2.9??
  3. Dube_77

Truck died

I have a 87 ranger stx with the 2.9 auto. i got to work last night and was sittin in the parking lot looking at my cds, then i turned my headlights off and then my dome light, and right after i turned the dome light off my truck died. now it wont start. i checked it out when i got out of work...
  4. Dube_77

A4ld kicker

I have a 87 ranger with the 2.9 and a4ld. my tranny is always kickin up and down in 3rd and OD cuz it has the half gears where the torque converter locks and unlocks. so i know the vaccuum modulator has a little allen head screw in the side but is that for adjustment? or does anybody know a cure...
  5. Dube_77

BEST exhaust??

Alright i wanna get a new exhaust system in the spring. whats everybody got? size of pipe, what type of muffler, duals? what will work best for my 2.9? i wanna a nice low tone but not super loud and i dont want it to sound like a tuner car.
  6. Dube_77

Which transmissions will fit a 2.9?

I have a 2.9 with the A4LD 4x4 but i really want a 5 speed in it. what trannys will fit? i heard the 4.0 is the same block as a 2.9 but will it work? or what about a 2.8 or 2.9? and another question is if i find one but its 2wd, can u buy adapters to fit ur transfer case to it? any info will...
  7. Dube_77

Oil pressure gauge hookup?

I have a 87 ranger STX with the 2.9. i got a sunpro gauge cluster and im trying to figure out where on the engine block to hook the oil pressure gauge to. it mechanical, with a oil line goin right to the gauge. but my truck doesnt have a stock Oil psi gauge. so it doesnt have the regular oil...
  8. Dube_77

Any difference??

Alright, is there any difference between a 87 2.9 and a 92 2.9? my bro used to have a 92 and it had so much more power than my 87. both 4x4 autos.
  9. Dube_77

From Michigan, want to find some ranger friends

Hi, my names Mitch. Im 20. Grew up in Howard City but now im livin in Belleville. Goin to school to be a aviation mechanic. Lookin to find some fellow ranger enthusiasts to maybe offroad with and see what they have in there ranger. :icon_cheers:
  10. Dube_77

7.5/8.8 question plz help

Alright, i dont know jack about axles and gear ratios so im tryin to learn. for the longest time, ive been tryin to figure out why my bros ranger seemed so much faster and had so much more power than mine. he had a 92 reg cab 4x4 with the 2.9 l and i have a 87 ext cab 4x4 2.9l stx. and now...
  11. Dube_77

Torque converter lock up switch

Can u hook a torque converter lock up switch on the a4ld tranny?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad