• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Kona

Drivetrain thumping

Hey folks, my 91 Ranger 4x4 (4.0L ) just started making a uneven thumping noise at speeds over 25 mph / 40 kph , seems like it is inline with the transmission bell housing (thus posting here ) though a little under the front floor.. No sound at any rpm in 1st 2nd or neutral , sound is there...
  2. Kona

Did my C- clip eliminator break my axle?

Hi, I have a LockRite in the D35 in my Ranger , did the c clip eliminator with a internal spring 1 year ago, it blew out the dust cap so I tried the external spring type. Was out doing light/ moderate fire road/creek bed wheeling and heard a binding sound, went to move the truck forward and the...
  3. Kona

Lil Ranger that could

I posted a video a little while ago of my truck climbing a nice rock , well apparently I made it look to easy so some import folks had to make it look hard , and not apparently succeed. So for your viewing pleasure 2 Toyota's make it look hard.
  4. Kona

Computer issues... resolved

Had a "new to me" engine , came with a computer & chip ( built engine) chip was kind of flaky. Tried it in my spare computers, had other issues with it that I lately resolved, but the poor economy and lessened power persisted. A parts yard had a sale , what the hell , ecm $20 , so bought one for...
  5. Kona

Ranger on the Rocks

Love the lockers "][/URL][/URL]
  6. Kona

I Hate Ford, I would buy this in a heartbeat!

PR videos for the World Ranger, seems like a damn fine truck. http://www.ford.com.au/commercial/ranger#overlay=1248923755523
  7. Kona

body mount hardware

Just got a bulletin from James Duff..... they now make a body mount kit that comes with the proper hardware for the bolts starting at $90 considering LMC truck has hardware for $ 20 x 12 it is worth checking.
  8. Kona

The new World Ranger

Looks like the 2011 World Ranger actually looks like a Ford now, check it out http://www.newfordrangermedia.com/assets/NewFordRanger/index.html?lang=EN
  9. Kona

Cleaning it on the Whipsaw Trail

Just got home the other day from the famous Whipsaw Trail ( one of BFG's outstanding trails )and while it is not the hardest trail out there the Ranger handled it all effortlessly . [URL=http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg171/R031Kona/Whipsaw%202010/?action=view&current=Whipsaw095.mp4]...
  10. Kona

Ranger on the Rocks

Went out for a nice trail run after our local 4x4 shop had a open house, I think I need some rock sliders and extra belly plating now.
  11. Kona

How Warm for the 4 liter?

For all of us that have real (after-market) temperature gauges how hot does your 4.0L run? Mine when driving hovers around 210 - 230 F and while idling will drop as low as 200 F all on relatively cool days 50-60 Deg F.
  12. Kona

All I wanted was a 2whl drive!

All I Wanted was a Two Wheel Drive!! This page is a start , I will fill in the blanks as I feel like it . How she looks now..a lot of work ,will explain on the bottom ...later After 2 months of looking for a 2whldrv Ranger SCab I had a friend drive my for greener fields. After a day of...
  13. Kona

Center Hinge Brackets

About to put in center hinge brackets , Skyjacker class II , I have Skyjacker 136s springs in a Trailmaster 4" lift. So stock radius arms Trailsmaster radius arm brackets and dropped pitman arm Skyjacker 136s springs. 4 or 6 inch hole , and if 6 should I use a 1" spacer under the soft Skyjacker...
  14. Kona

Spindle Nut Solution ?

Is anybody here familiar with this system? It looks like it would make life way too easy. http://www.bc4x4.com/pr/2009/stage8/
  15. Kona

A Little Drive in the Snow

Two weeks ago went out to play with some other trucks in the 7,000 feet area. Need a locker to get past here... kissing a jeep (yuk)
  16. Kona

cab / box flex?

Do you guys think I need to do some work on my body mounts? [/URL][/IMG]
  17. Kona

a little flex and threading

Went on a run up a atv trail with a buddies explorer [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
  18. Kona

My 91 on the "Whipsaw Trail"

This trail was the motivation for me to get some extra lift and bigger tires on my truck when a fluke accident on this same trail left me without the front part off my 4 wheel drive system, thankfully I was able with a little help to finish the route and to drive home. This year it was fun and a...
  19. Kona

Manual Hubs Hot as H E LL

I noticed that after 4x4ing my hubs were pretty darn warm , got concerned when I noticed they were hot in 2wd also. They had all new bearings last year did not go through very much water or hard 4x4ing . Took them apart and everything , bearings ,rotors,spindle and stub axles were screwed. Took...
  20. Kona

Winched a Dodge 1 ton Diesel

Last night cruising around the local mud area found two Dodge diesels in the mud, the one trying to pull the other out with a rope!! :shok: Having a 10,000 lb winch I had to go help.:icon_rofl: Hooked up on the edge of the mud ...snatch block..hood up... no way I was getting him out. Got the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad