• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Emergency Brake Cable Return Spring

Hello all. Can anyone post photos of the emergency brake cable return spring attachment points? I know the rear attachment point is the bracket attached to the frame, but there is no attachment point going forward. My truck is a 2001 4x4. Thanks!
  2. 1995 Ranger AC/Heater Control Selector Switch

Good morning everyone. I’ve got a vacuum leak in my HVAC control selector switch. The assembly is discontinued from Ford and it looks as if there is no aftermarket replacement. Has anyone here found an exact replacement part or figured out a way to rebuild this, to stop the vacuum leak? Thanks
  3. Sound Deadening Rear Door Question

Hello everyone, I came across a sound insulator “pillow” laying inside the rear door of my 2001 Ranger XLT 4x4. It‘s a black plastic bag about 18”x6”x1 1/2”. Does anyone know where this insulator is supposed to be positioned? Laying on the bottom, it will probably not let moisture evaporate from...
  4. Sound Insulator Question

Hello everyone, I came across a sound insulator “pillow” laying inside the rear door of my 2001 Ranger XLT 4x4. It‘s a black plastic bag about 18”x6”x1 1/2”. Does anyone know where this insulator is supposed to be positioned? Laying on the bottom, it will probably not let moisture evaporate from...
  5. 4x4 Steering Knuckle/CV Halfshaft Rubber Ring

Hey guys, I'm sandblasting the steering knuckle on my 2001 Ranger 4x4. There is a metal flange or race inside the Knuckle opening where the cv joint halfshaft goes through. It got pitted up from sandblasting. It looks like the rubber boot on the end of the cv joint is supposed to rest against...
  6. Evaporative Emission Parts/Numbers Needed

Squirrels chewed up some evap system parts under my 2001 Ranger XLT 4x4, 3.0. So far it looks like they are the large hose that connects the vapor canister to the filter housing. They chewed up the filter housing as well. I can't find these parts in any Ford parts diagram. Would anybody be able...
  7. Coolant Reservoir Clip Head Bolt

HELP! I was removing my coolant/wiper washer reservoir on my 2001 Ranger. One of the fasteners clipped into the fender was frozen and I had to drill it out to remove it. Now I'm trying to replace it, and can't find it anywhere, including through Dorman. It's called a Clip Head Bolt. It's a bolt...
  8. Gauge Cluster Modification/95 Ranger XLT

Hey guys, has anyone tried installing a gauge cluster w/tachometer into a truck that originally had no tachometer? Just wondering if the wiring connectors would be the same, and if the tach/RPM signal is part of the factory wiring harness, even though the truck didn't have a tach from the...
  9. Spark Plug Wire Routing

Hey Guys, I was wondering if someone could help me to properly arrange my plug wires on my 2001 Ranger 3.0. 1, 2, and 3 are fairly self explanatory, but 4, 5, and 6, I need help with. The wires were a mess when I bought the truck, and I need to know how they should be routed across the back of...
  10. Rocker Arm Pivot Oil Grooves

Can anyone tell me if the oil grooves in the rocker arm pivots (fulcrum) have to face a certain direction. I lined them up to follow the oil grooves in the rockers. Does it make any difference which way they're installed? Thanks
  11. 2001 3.0 Cylinder Head Torque

Can anyone set the facts straight here on the proper cylinder head torque specs for a 2001 3.0 Ranger? One method is the 5 step (37 ft lbs, loosen 1 turn, 22 ft lbs, 90 degrees, 90 degrees). Method 2: 1. Step 1: 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm). 2. Step 2: Loosen the bolts one full turn...
  12. 2001 Exhaust Manifold to Head Studs

Hey Guys, I need to replace some broken exhaust studs on my 2001 3.0 Ranger. They hold the manifold to the head and have the nut as a fixed part of the stud, so you can mount the oil dipstick tube and other parts to them. I've looked high and low for aftermarket ones but haven't had any luck...
  13. 2001 3.0 Fuel Pressure

Anyone know what the fuel pressure should be on an '01 Ranger XLT 3.0 VIN U? Need Key On Engine Off pressure and Key On Engine On Pressure. Currently, I'm reading 45lbs. Key On Engine Off, and 65lbs. Key On Engine On. Pressure does not change when I pull the vacuum line from the fuel regulator...
  14. Injector Info Needed

Hi, and thanks for having me as a new guest to the forum. I am trying to find out why there are 2 very different injectors listed for my Ranger. It is a 2001 XLT with 4x4. It is a 3.0, VIN code U as in "you." My truck currently has the smaller diameter size (all plastic) injectors with the blue...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad