• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. derekj

Warn 37780 hubs

So I have been away for a while (sold my last truck), but it is time to get back into the game. I was wondering if anyone has bought the "Jeep hubs" lately or are they not available anymore.
  2. derekj

New Skyjacker arms

I searched to see if anyone had already posted these but I just though I would throw up a few pictures of the new radius arms I just got. they are pretty beefy that's for sure.
  3. derekj

Tuff Country radius arms

Anyone have any experience with them? Are they as weak as they look? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-97-Ford-Ranger-4x4-Extended-radius-arms-/230676484922?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b563d33a#shId
  4. derekj

Time for a change.

So I have had my truck in it's current state for 2 years now. I want to make some changes this winter. I propose a few ideas, - leave the lift at 6" and add 36's or 37's - drop the lift to 4" and go with a true 35" tire or a 36" tire or even a 37 with generous fender trimming I am going to...
  5. derekj

Weekend wheeling

Had to go test my new front locker out yesterday. Works great - what a difference when all 4 tires turn:icon_thumby: Got a little cheaky at the entrance to the trail and tried to drive up the rock pile next to the gate, and did this by hitting my muffler :icon_confused: Poser shot at...
  6. derekj

Stormy weekend on the Coast!

We made our way over to the Sunshine Coast on the first weekend of the month. Turned out to be anything but sunny....... Ferry ride over should have been the first warning about the weather that we were going to see this weekend. Our goal on the first day was to make it into the "Bible Camp"...
  7. derekj

Warn Transformer System

Warn makes there Transformer grill gaurd for the 93 and up Rangers. Does anyone know what the difference is between the frame on my 92 compared to the 93's. Warn's site says it won't fit a 92. Just want somewhere to mount my winch without having to get a bumper made up. Derek
  8. derekj

Sumas Mountain

Had our AGM for the club on Sat and then out for a run up Sumas in the afternoon. Lots of trucks - 20 or so - and no carnage either! Nice day to get out and enjoy the views. Derek
  9. derekj

Pitman Arms

So I have the 6" BDS kit in my truck. After reading here I ordered the Skyjacker 6" pitman arm for my truck. After waiting for about 6 weeks it finally showed up. What a difference between the two! Steers so much better now - every lifted truck needs this pitman arm:icon_thumby: Derek
  10. derekj

First day out for the new truck!

We headed down to Walker Valley OHV park yesterday for some fun in the forest. Was a good shakedown for the new truck and it worked pretty good even without the lockers (still waiting on delivery). Need to do some more fender trimming and make some rock sliders but other than that was pretty...
  11. derekj

Started Stereo Install

I started to get the stereo install rolling in my new truck as the stock speakers just don't cut it anymore. Plans are to go with 6" separates in the front doors and just some 4" in the rear for fill. I want to put a sub behind the seat but have not decided what to go with yet. I am using...
  12. derekj

Started the mods today.

Got some parts for my new truck today so I wheeled it into the shop tonight and started cutting stuff out. Should have a locker for the rear in the next week or so and will then do the front gears at the same time. Decided to go with the BDS kit for now. Was going to be a 4 week wait for the...
  13. derekj

Added another truck to the stable!

So we have out grown my wheeling truck which was a Sidekick. Decided it was time to get something a bit bigger that would be easier to fit 35's under. Found this guy on Craigslist for a good deal. Needed a new head but otherwise in pretty good shape and no rust! It is a 92 with manual t case...
  14. derekj

Quick question about Skjacker arms

Can the extended radius arms be used with just the leveling coils? Going to be starting a new build soon and am trying to plan out how I am going to do it. Derek
  15. derekj

Added another truck to the stable

Just picked this up on the weekend - 92 ranger extra cab. It's only a 2wd but should do just fine in the winter with some weight in the back. It has the 4.0lt and a 5spd with a posi rear end. A really clean truck with no rust - drives great and has so much more power than the B2:D Derek
  16. derekj

Driveshaft swap

Ok - I hate to bring this up again but I have searched for info on using the explorer front driveshaft in the rear of a B2 and am still a bit confused. My truck has the silly cv shaft so I would like to replace it. I got a front shaft from a 93 explorer but am wondering what I need to do to get...
  17. derekj

A few wheeling pics from last week

And a little video I put together Had a good time and was very happy with the difference the locker made! Derek
  18. derekj

How much lift from GM shackles?

Just wondering if the GM lowering shackles give 2" of lift with a 2" lowering shackle or does a 2" give you 1" of lift? Derek
  19. derekj

Which bearings to use?

I am in the process of starting to rebuild an extra 2.9 that I have. My question is if anyone has heard anything about Enginetech bearings. The pricing seems to be a little cheaper that what my local parts supplier wants for Federal Mogal and such. Enginetech Derek
  20. derekj

One amazing old Ford

I stumbled across this on another forum I am on. Look thru the pictures for the Model A. Simply amazing........... http://www.mat.fi/n_index.php?nav=gallery_view&gallery=project1929fordmodel-a.xml&g=13 Derek

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad