• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Transfer case linkage swap

I have a '87 ford ranger with a 2.9/m50d/1350m setup. My linkage to the transfer case is not on the truck, and climbing under to engage is not fun. I have the opportunity to get an '86 ranger with 2.9/tk5/1350m. I am just wondering if anyone knows if I could swap linkage over from '86 to the...
  2. A4LD shifting problems

When I drive, my Bronco II stays in first gear for a really long time. Once the transmission warms up it will shift correctly as long as it is hot. As soon as it cools down, same problem again. I have been told it is the torque converter, modulator valve, gasket for the filter, and/or dirty...
  3. Oil cooler question

Will a 1991 FORD TAURUS SHO OIL COOLER fit a 2.9 engine? The oil cooler is mounted to the block and is cooled with engine coolant.
  4. Shifter getting really really bad

I have a FM-145 transmission and I really need a new shifter, it takes a couple tries to get it in gear and the whole shifter spins 360 degrees. Its bad!:dunno: I have tried the junkyards, no such luck though.
  5. A4LD to M5OD-R1 in 87 Bronco II

I have gone through 16 pages so far and I'm not quite getting the answers I need. I have a 4x4 1987 Bronco II and it has the 2.9 w/ A4LD setup, the transmission has gone out. I also have a 4x4 1990 parts Ranger with a 2.9 w/ M5OD-R1 setup. I want to do the swap because I like the reliability of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad