• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mtnrgr

3.0 starter questions

Can a starter from an automatic transmission work on a manual transmission? Don't remember if it will, searched online and unable to find any legit information. My starter recently had some issues..had it completely rebuilt around 10 years ago. It was the original Motorcraft starter. Found a...
  2. mtnrgr

Wanted 93-94 oem tachometer

I'm looking for another 5500 redline tachometer for a spare that would have come in the 93-94 2.3, 3.0 rangers. Does anyone have one laying around anywhere?
  3. mtnrgr

89-94 dash swap??

Didn't know to put this thread. Looking for general information on this. Let's use my 94 ranger for example. Have done research and still have not found any good information, I ask the ones who have done. Is it hard to remove the entire 89-94 dash to install another one? How about removing...
  4. mtnrgr

For Sale 1991-1994 explorer oem floor mats

Was at the pull a part today for a bit. Saw this 94 explorer sport, looked inside and saw these. After a good cleaning they are in really good condition. In all my life in the auto industry..junkyards, auto shops, ford dealers etc. I have not ever seen a pair of these. They must be rare. These...
  5. mtnrgr

SOLD! Flowmaster super 44

Sold
  6. mtnrgr

2.3 5spd vs 3.0 automatic

Wasn't sure where to post this. I will hopefully be in the market to finally look for another ranger before next summer. What would be the real difference between the two? Really for reliability and to last. Will be looking for a standard cab short bed 2wd for a daily driver. It need to have...
  7. mtnrgr

Need a owners manual

For a old school alpine cd player. I bought it new in 2000, and 23 years later I am unable to find it anywhere. I lost mine in a move around 7 years ago. Called alpine and nothing. Thier parts supplier and nothing. Looked all over online and still nothing. Been doing this for a few years. I...
  8. mtnrgr

Which ford have you owned the longest?

Doing memory exercises to help from my brain injury a few years ago. Was in the garage staring at my ranger and started to think how long I have owned, mileage, memories, etc. Curious to know what ford's you have owned the longest current or in the past. I know a few have had them come and...
  9. mtnrgr

88-97 5spd transmission/manual transfer csae gear boot.

I recently found this at a pull a part and figured someone here could put it to use. Only paid a couple of dollars for it. It is free for whoever can use it. Shipping should be cheap as it should fit easily into a priority mail box. I Cleaned it as well as I can. No tears in the boot and the...
  10. mtnrgr

High rpm vs low rpms on ford engines

Going through my memory and was thinking about this, and trying to remember this through my life. My recalls are I prefer high rpm torque engines for multiple purposes. I have driven many low rpm torque engines, and honestly it's not my liking. My first truck was a 88 ranger with a 2.3 5spd...
  11. mtnrgr

93-97 grille part's

All these parts have gone to a new home.
  12. mtnrgr

Which of these two rangers..

Would you buy? I have been looking for a good 93-94 ranger, a plain stock 2wd for awhile, and these 2 have my interest. At this time in my life I do believe I would be good with owning another 2.3 ranger., last I had was my 88 I owned from 89-98. These two are what I'm look for, especially...
  13. mtnrgr

1996 3.0

This individual decided to not pass this engine to me after all.
  14. mtnrgr

SOLD! Ford oem blue floor mats

Went to the pull a part recently and saw these in a ranger that recently came in and thought someone here could put them to use. I gave them a really good cleaning. There are no damages of any kinds. I paid 7.00 for these, asking 20.00 for the pair. These will fit 89-97 that I know of, I'm sure...
  15. mtnrgr

For Sale 93-97 OEM GRILLE

No longer selling these.
  16. mtnrgr

Decision on rims..

Those who have seen my ranger know I am using the American racing outlaw ll rims on my ranger. The stock deer paw style rims ford used, honestly I have never liked those, yet over the years I have seen many lifted explorer and rangers with those on 31's..I liked the look...don't like how they...
  17. mtnrgr

Power steering hoses

I bought new power steering hoses early October from O'Reilly, the precision brand. Three weeks later both started to leak at the gear box, removed both for warranty exchange. A week before Thanksgiving they were leaking again, exchanged them under warranty again..yesterday they are leaking...
  18. mtnrgr

Auto transmission question

https://redding.craigslist.org/cto/d/anderson-1994-ford-ranger-30-v6/7550370772.html Have been interested in this ranger..the trans have never been rebuilt, only fluid and filter changes. With that miles on it, haven't ever owned a ranger with this auto transmission, have driven many. Have...
  19. mtnrgr

Has anyone ever said to you...

That your ranger is not enough of a truck to haul or tow or believe you have a smaller engine or automatic transmission? Sitting here on a cold night by a fire pit, with what memory I still have, began to think about my 94 and 88 rangers. My 88 was a hand me down to from my father in 91, next...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad