• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Hydographic dipping

why not cerakote it instead?? it is airbrushed on and is xtremely abrasion-resistant...
  2. backspacing assistance...

well i have a set of 34x10.5x15 ltbs on 15x8 "rockcrawler" rims 5x4.5 but i am going to be putting 3/4 ton axles under my truck soon so i need help in determining which rim i will be using, the front axle is a narrowed d44 with 3/4 ton outers and the big, dual piston caliper, so what offset do...
  3. parts needed for SAS...

Hey all, havent been around in a while but i need some questions awnsered lol... I am going to be putting a narrowed dana 44 under my explorer, i have the complete axle, radius arms and radius arm brackets. i also have a set of 4'' lift coils for a rbv... my question is- what coil bucket do i...
  4. WI wrenchin' party/spring g2g??

this is something we are doing on another forum, once it warms up a little bit we are converging with trucks/tools and parts at someone's house/shop and spending the night, pitching tents, sleep in the truck whatever and have a 2 day group wrenchfest!!! any interest?? i would be willing to...
  5. carbon fiber hoods for 92-97 fullsize

just wanted to give people a heads up, trying to get a group of 10 together for a run of carbon fiber cowl induction hoods for 92-97 f-series, price would be in the 650-700 range, here is the link in case anybody is interested, pass it along to anyone you know that has a fullsize that wouldnt...
  6. weight of ranger??

does anybody happen to know the weight of an 89 ranger extended cab shortbox 4x4 w/ 2.9, 5spd?
  7. what coils to run?

going to be starting my sas soon, my axle is a narrowed 79 fullsize d44, my question is about coils, i know a 6'' 78-79 fullsize coil will give you about 9'' of lift, but i only want about 5'' of lift...do i have to use fullsize ford components or can i use something else??
  8. explorer hatch wont open

my buddy is having me fix the hatch on his explorer, a trailer popped off the ball and dented the hatch a little bit, afterwards it was really hard to open both the hatch and the window, eventually you couldnt open either. Im pretty sure that im going to have to cut a hole in the interior panel...
  9. HELP! My project shifted directions, need advice

I have a '91 ford explorer, 4.0,5spd,4dr. I did a SOA swap in the rear and I have installed 4'' drop brackets with 4'' skyjacker coils and extended the radius arms in front. It is sitting on 34x15x10.5 ltb's on 15x8 steel rims. The plan WAS to get 4.56 gears and lockers for the d35 and 8.8 and...
  10. anyone know anything about detroit blowers?

i picked up a detroit 8-71 blower real cheap the other day:yahoo:, now im starting my research on how to make it work on a 390:icon_welder:, fabbing an adapter plate to bolt the blower on will be easy enough, its converting it over to belt drive that will be interesting..does anyone know of any...
  11. superlift steering?

i was looking at the superlift steering kit on trs fab and offroad and noticed that there was only the one kit listed, does the same kit work for both rangers and explorers? i am going to be installing on a 91 explorer..
  12. opinions??? Full widths or narrowed?

question about going fullwidth, how do you set up the front axle? do you have to move the attachment points for the radius arm on the axletube?? i see it done on multiple vehicles, i just dont understand what they did on the axle itself to make it work...any explanations?
  13. explorer wont move...

i got a 92 ford explorer, 2dr,5spd, electronic 4x4, sometimes in 2wd you put it in gear, let the clutch out and it doesnt move, its like it is not in gear at all, shift into 4wd and it doesnt work, shift into 4lo and it moves, it also does this when you are driving on the road as well, i changed...
  14. extended shackles??

just wondering where i can get extended shackles for my 91 ford explorer, im looking for 2 inches, i checked local parts stores and summit and havent found any that werent marked JEEP!! any help is appreciated:icon_thumby:
  15. how to install fuel cell?

i dont know what forum to stick this in so if it needs to be moved my apologies, anyways, i was toying around with the idea of sticking a fuel cell into the stock location for the gas tank, is it worth it? is it doable? i do not know how the fuel pumps are arranged on an explorer, in tank or in...
  16. do i need to regear?

i am lifting my explorer and putting 34'' ltb's under it, should i regear? i meant to crawl under there and find out what ratio i had but i got distracted and forgot to. i will check tomorrow when im out there again..
  17. road life of ltb's

im looking at buying a set of 34x10.5x15 super swamper ltb's, i know the off road benefits, but how long will these tires last on road?? and before someone even mentions it, my first truck had dual flowmaster 40's behind a big block and 40 inch ground hawgs...noise doesnt bother me....
  18. predator's ultimate hunting truck build

figured i would start a build thread for my explorer considering the project has just snowballed since i started it, i was originally going to put 2'' coils in just to give it a little bit more ground clearance, ended up with a soa conversian in the rear, still working on the front. im going out...
  19. dual battery info

i didnt know where to put this so if it needs to be moved i apologize, i want to put dual batteries in my explorer, i already have the tray and battery, i just need to know how to wire it in. i am installing my winch and i want the winch to run off the second battery. i do not want the 2nd...
  20. what trans do i have?

i have a 91 ford explorer, 5 speed manuel, manuel t-case, how do i determine what trans and t-case i have??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad