• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cold start-up problem solved

1991 2.3, 100k miles The suspected IAC was removed and cleaned and yet the problem persisted. A VOM was then used to test both the power and signal voltage to the unit with the findings that both readings were within specs and so I proceeded on the asumption that the problem existed within...
  2. IAC Cleaning?

Need suggestions on how and with what to clean IAC ---idle speed control valve. I'm especially concerned about a poossible need to replace gasket with one that is new. I got one reply om general discussion forum but would like to gear from others. Al
  3. IAC Cleaning?

Please tell me how and with what did you clean your IAC --- idle air control valve. Al
  4. Stalls initially after start at temp below 30F. cold

1991 2,3, manual at 94k No codes set on this problem. Engine starts readily but will stall during the first minute of use. It then restarts only with pedal in the wide -open -throttle position ---- holding pedal in this position prevents further fuel injection. My guess is a dirty idle air...
  5. With no new Rangers available?

I might like to buy a new truck in a year or so. And with no new Rangers available, are there any suggestions for a a 4-cylinder/manual trans. and otherwise basic truck from another manufacturer? Al
  6. Need help with ignition problem

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1991, 2.3/manual Engine suddenly started to run roughly. My timing light indicated no advance as the engine was revved, Two digit codes and explanations from Ranger Station page with KOEO as follows: 14...
  7. 1991 rough running/ignition problem

1991, 2.3/manual Engine suddenly started to run roughly. My timing light indicated no advance as the engine was revved, Two digit codes and explanations from Ranger Station page with KOEO as follows: 14 --Ignition pickup erratic 18 Ignition tach signal erratic 88...
  8. I wish to paint bed-liner

My Duralast bed-liner is 21 years old and I wish to "freshen" its appearance by painting it black. If you've done this --and I imagine few have --- what type of paint was used? Al
  9. 1991:Vapor-line routing

I've just replaced the fuel filler tube and the fuel pump but did not see any vapor line connection. Can anyone describe how and where this vapor line connects to the tank? Al
  10. Question about removing/sliding bed on 1991

I would like to slide back the bed to replace fuel filler neck and pump. It seems that the bumper needs to removed to accomplish any sliding. Can I assume that the bed has to be lifted to clear the bumper if the bumper is to be left on? If then the bumper is to remain in place, must it be lifted...
  11. Fuel filler neck replacement

I would like to hear from anyone who has replaced this fuel filler neck on a Ranger, 1889-1997, WITHOUT removing either the fuel tank or the bed. What problems were encountered and their solutuions? Al
  12. Clutch"reverse flush bleeding" possible ?

Has anyone attempted to bleed trapped air from the system by pumping fluid into the bleeder valve on the transmission case? Al
  13. Bleeding: Clutch master&slave

Has anyone bleed the system by a reverse flush --that is to say, by pumping fluid into the bleeder valve? Al
  14. Drive train noise while in motion

The vehicle in question is 2004 Sporttrac with automatic and 4-wheel drive --- yes I know it's not a Ranger, but is either ranger-based or uses similar component. The noise, I would describe, is a very soft clicking sound, varying with road speed and seemingly emanating from vicinity of the...
  15. Worst Ranger Group in the World!

My nomination for the worst For Ford Ranger group is: The yahoogroups Ford-Ranger. This group is run by about a half dozen control freak "moderators" who don't allow messages to appear for about 2-days after they are sent. Each message sent for their approval is apparently scrutinized by a...
  16. Fuel pump service life?

At what mileage did you replace your fuel pump. Did you do it as a preventative measure to forestall an eventual failure on the road or because the pump actually failed? Also if your pump failed, had you ever previously replaced the external fuel filter? Al
  17. Lifting bed dump-truck style

I need to gain access to the tank preferably without lowering it from under the vehicle. Now I know that the bed can be removed or even slid back. However, I'd like to know if anyone has removed all but the rear bolts which are simply loosened (the rear bolts being those closest to the...
  18. Hot rotor

Here's one for you to mull over: Using a non-contact thermometer I discovered that the passenger side roter is running 20F. hotter than the driver's side. Also, the outboard pad on the passenger side was somewhat more worn. All this suggested that the slides and pins on the passenger side needed...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad