• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mini-Stroke...

Minimum lift needed....

I'm still in the planning phase right now, but the poor Dana 28 is on its last leg, so the plan is to run a Dana 30 axle under my first gen ranger. This is mostly because I want to go SAS, but dont wheel it very hard and reaching the sky is not needed lol. I'm wanting to know what is the...
  2. Mini-Stroke...

Coil spring insulators

Does anyone know where to get these for a first gen 4x4? Its the little rubber piece of rubber between the spring and the axle. I may not have named it correctly. Thanks for any help.
  3. Mini-Stroke...

Penzoil Synchromesh ok for an FM145?

Or is it too thin? If so, who makes a good GL4 gear oil?
  4. Mini-Stroke...

Fm-145 help please

I am in need of a rebuild, has anyone on here ever rebuilt one themselves? How hard is it to do? Are there any special tools that I will need to rebuild it? And I do know about the famous m5od swaps, but that is not an option with the Diesel engine in my ranger :( Any advice is appreciated
  5. Mini-Stroke...

87 Diesel Ranger help please

Hopefully this is in the right section, if not, please direct me as to where I should have posted. Does anyone know where to find some motor mounts for this creature? The oil pan is nearly sitting on the cross member and I would like to replace them before they completely fail and I have a holy...
  6. Mini-Stroke...

Tach dies when idling if brakes, heater, etc are turned on...

Ok, the truck is an 87 ranger with the 2.3L Diesel, 4x4 5spd tranny. Problem is that any time the truck is running if I turn on the heater the tach dies, turn signals- tach bounces, headlights- tach dies, all of these problems are at idle. But then if I'm cruising and turn the heater on full...
  7. Mini-Stroke...

Transmission hung in gear HELP

I have an 87 ranger 4x4 5spd (fm145) with a 2.3l diesel, it will move but not without a whole lot of force applied via the engine. When I put the shifter in neutral and release the clutch, it will start to move forward, put it in reverse it will move forward a few inches POP!! then move...
  8. Mini-Stroke...

Transfer case leaking at the seams...

Like the title says, my transfer case is leaking where the two halves are bolted together, how much trouble is it to dissasemble and re-seal? Thanks for the help Jesse
  9. Mini-Stroke...

Not so normal tire ?s

Does anyone know of any tire companies that make any tall skinny tires? Like a 31/ 9.50? Thanks, Jesse
  10. Mini-Stroke...

Sloppy shifter- Any fixes?

The shifter is sloppy as crap in my 87 diesel ranger, does anyone know where to get a replacement or a way to tighten it up? I know the tranny is not the greatest, but I don't have the cash to swap it out yet Thanks for the help in advance -Jesse
  11. Mini-Stroke...

Shout out from NC!!

Hows it goin folks! I'm Jesse, and I have an 87 diesel ranger 4x4 5spd, and a 96 F-250 PSD 4x4 5spd. The ranger is my DD/ fuel saver, but finding parts is sometimes a pain LOL. Hoping to find some useful info here and will add my knowledge, (or lack thereof) where I can :icon_thumby: Thanks, Jesse

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad