• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. GM CEO wants to raise your gas taxes!

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/07/news/companies/gm_gas_tax_hike/ http://detnews.com/article/20110607/AUTO01/106070368/1148/rss25 Heh, now I've got something more to hold over my local GM lover friends. The bailout arugment was getting old, now GM provides me with more ammunition. :yahoo...
  2. Seats!

Ok here's the deal. My 1987 Bronco 2 needs a driver seat. 1. The back is broke, one side leans back more than the other. I had it welded up and reinforced locally. That improved it a lot, but it's still not right. 2. The previous owner smoked like a chimney and burned a hole in the seat...
  3. Worm gear

The worm gear that goes in the transfer case, to run the gear that drives the speedometer cable. The one for an '87 Bronco 2 or Ranger. Does it exist new anywhere? Mine has the 1359 fake transfer case, but it should be the same part as a 1350. I don't think any new ones do exist. I've been...
  4. Parts interchange questions

Ok so the speedometer drive gearing in the transfer case is crapping out in my Bronco 2. Last fall I put a new drive gear on it, but I didn't replace the worm gear. It worked fine until today. The Bronco 2 is 2wd, and uses a 1359 dummy transfer case. After the FM145 died, I swapped in a 4wd...
  5. 4.0L swap wiring questions

I have a '92 Explorer and an '87 Bronco 2. Right now the 2.9L in the Bronco 2 is running fine. I am, however, getting my facts together for the 4.0L swap so that when the 2.9L does let go (we know eventually it will) I can be ready. Specifically, where will I run into problems with wiring...
  6. 0w20 experiment

I've decided to get a bit adventurous recently. I had Redline 0w30 in the 2.9L in my Bronco 2, but still had a bit of lifter tick on those below zero mornings. Still, it was much less than it was on cold mornings with 10w30. So apparently, for cold lifter tick, thinner is better. I followed...
  7. Possibly leaking gasket

I just put a new lower intake manifold gasket on my 2.9L to fix a massive oil leak, so it's nickname wouldn't be the "Exxon Valdez" any more. Anyway, when I had the machine shop clean up the lower intake manifold, the media/bead blasted it. It appeared to have pitted it in places, one of them...
  8. 3.5 Ecoboost in a Ranger / B2?

Ok I'm just dreaming here. Since the 3.5L Ecoboost they're putting in the new 2011 F150's is a 60 degree V6, I'm wondering what it would take to put one in a Bronco 2 or Ranger. 1. Can you get them from Ford? 2. Say someone found a wrecked new F150 at the salvage yard. In a year or so, it's...
  9. Project 4.0L

Here's a link to a high compression 4.0L build I did several years ago. It didn't work out quite as planned, and is on hold for now, but I thought you guys might like to read through it anyway. So here it is: http://e85vehicles.com/e85/index.php/topic,578.0.html Keep in mind, their forum is...
  10. Hello from Iowa!

Back in high school, I drove a 1986 Bronco 2 that I inherited. It had a ticking 2.9L. I drove that from 120,000 miles to 164,000 miles. It would still run, but the oil light was on and the engine sounded like it was full of rocks. When I tore the motor apart, the thrust bearing (believe it...
  11. Dash rattle

I got a 1987 Bronco 2 last year, and have been reasonably happy with it after fixing the problems. However, there is one problem I haven't been able to fix. At about 1900 to 2000rpm, when I give it a little gas, there is this annoying little rattle coming from the driver side of the dash. It...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad