• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. basshead

bed bobbing on 94+ ranger

Hey guys, been looking into bobbing my bed on my 98. I can only find pictures in build threads.. Not much info of how much the took off etc. I'm aware that if I cut off more than 4" or so, the leaf shackles start to stick out the back. But id like to see more pics and a description to go along...
  2. basshead

big 33" or small 35"???

hey so basically i love my 31" km2s but they are wont out and look small on my truck now with the lift i have. i would love to get another set of KM2s in a 33" but heres the thing.. i want an actual 33" tire, not a 32". everyone that is running 33" km2s say they only measure about 32" with 32...
  3. basshead

64" leaf / shackle flip questions

im looking into doing the 64" leafs WITH the shackle flip . i have tried searching but no where really gives you an in detail step by step detailed how-to for this. I am confused because there is the direct swap with no shackle flip as well (not what im looking to do).. do i have to move the...
  4. basshead

lean idle?

I have a 98 ranger ohv 4.0, a new crate motor was swapped in 1.5 years ago, has 20xxx ish kms now. Anyways couple weeks ago, engine threw a code and was feeling low on power, based on the symptoms, I changdd the fuel filter, cleared the code and it ran fine for a week, then the engine threw...
  5. basshead

diff breathers

im going to be extending breather lines on my 98 ranger, how long is the line on the front diff? some people say its short, and ive heard it runs into the air intake box.. also how about the tranny and transfercase? where are they located and how long should I make them?
  6. basshead

bassheads build tthread

so decided to finally make a build thread.. its not going to be too much into detail but enough. soo here we start the day i first got the truck topper came off and was only used for camping from here on out of course i gotta have some tunes..dont have any old pics but this is the current...
  7. basshead

roll bar tire mount?

does anyone have this type of set up? where the tire is somehow mounted onto the back of the roll bar for kind of a pre runner look?? im debating beween that type of mount or one near the back tailgate angling upwards but still having a usable tailgate, and need some pics of anyone that has...
  8. basshead

headlight diagram

does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 98 ranger?? or can tell me what each wire does?? thanks got new headlights but would like to wire it up differently
  9. basshead

3 in BL 98 ranger

looking to do my body lift n the next 2 weeks...just a couple questions do i need to take everything out of the interior?? if so what needs to be removed? i have the full center console i hope i dont gotta mess with it and are there any big snags during the install?? i read in the instruction...
  10. basshead

09 tail lights,,in a 98

picked up some 09 tail lights with the two bulb set up hooked them up in mine temporary with the signal light in the reverse slot and the brake in the top red slot.. and just left the reverse unplugged. has anyone else done something (besides wiring it into a 2 light set up via trailer...
  11. basshead

swap? or?

i have a 8.8 open rear end on my 98 with 3.73 gears, i found a torsin rear end off an 07 level 11 with 4.10 gears for cheap.. how hard would it be to re gear the front diff to match? and would the swap be worth it.thanks in advance
  12. basshead

Lets see your camping vehicles!

yeah i love having that its so much better than sleeping in my canopy lol. my girlfriend loves it too alot more comfy and all around better its very light id recomend one to anyone
  13. basshead

it was used, i bought it for 400$ the guy wanted 500 but i had to drive to red deer so he took of the gas price =). nothing wrong with it at all...got a hell of a steal. he just wanted to get rid of it he got a 30+ foot trailer. couple rips in the canvas, i pached them though, and just in case...
  14. basshead

1 queen size bed 1 double, fold out single bed from the table, furnace, stove, sink lots of storage, 30 gal build in water tank. and i can stand up in it im 6'4" lol
  15. basshead

my new tool box =D

soo just kidding its not an actuall tool box. its acutally a wall mounted resin cabinet. i took the shelves out, and reinforced the inner walls with them, then i cut out a wood floor for it then bolted my air tank to it. im going to slowly make it into an offorad / camping kit. heres a couple...
  16. basshead

heres mine. im slowly working on it. took a break during winter heres the oldest pic i have of it a week after getting it i did the axle flip, and put roll-on bed liner on it so it wouldent get as beat up on trails also blacked out side marker lights but kept rear red then just last week i put...
  17. basshead

fog llights not working

the fog lights in my sport trac arent working, the switch doesnt light up when pushed in..i checked all fuses and are fine. they havent worked in over a year now but im gona try fixing them, anyone know where to start?
  18. basshead

passenger airbag question

while i put in a full console in my 98 ranger, i unplugged the airbag key thing down by the ash tray to have some room to work with, then once i had the console in i plugged back in the airbag module (not sure what to call it) and now my airbag light comes on my dash and stays on..im not sure...
  19. basshead

permanatly locking your hubs

i was reading through the tech section, and came across a mod for 98-00' rangers that permanatly engages the vaccum hubs. has anyone tried this? annd are there any pros/cons?:icon_cheers:
  20. basshead

trailer suspension question

I dont know if im supposed to be asking this here, its not realllly related to my ranger.. But i bought a tent trailer last summer, and the previous owner put the leaf springs on top of the axle, which is sweet..but it still has the tiny dinky wheels on it, and during the winter i noticed now...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad