• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 88 Supercab No Dash Lights

Delete admin
  2. 4 or 6 inch kit

Just wanted some opinions from the members on the forum about which SkyJacker kit I should purchase. Rig is an 88 X-Cab with Dual tank option. I'm currently on a 3 inch body lift and 33" KM1s. I plan on running 35" MTRs on 15x8 Soft 8s. My 2.9 is freshly rebuilt with 6k on it and I'm going to be...
  3. Lost Keys

Lost the keys for my 88 but the doirs were unlocked. Been attempting to drill the ignition lock cylinder out of the column, and the pin is drilled out but the cylinder won't come out. What am I missing?
  4. Driver's seat in my super cab...

It doesn't seem to want to do much, it's the lumbar style seats (1st gen) anyways, i don't really have much choice in seat position, it only slides forward/backward about 2 inches in each direction (my bronco 2 has wayyy more adjustment) and the seat will not fold completely forward to allow...
  5. Did I Get The Right Napa Slave???

i ordered a new slave for my truck today from napa through the parts department at the dealer i work for...it got here and it looks nothing like the napa one's i've seen guys running here on the TRS, it looks exactly like the cheap POS autozone one i bought and that i'm having trouble with...
  6. Duralast Slave Cylinders?

Anyone running them? Good experiences? Bad Ones? I've got a brand new one in my truck with 500 miles on it and it's leaking! It's under warranty, but i don't wanna replace it if it's not going to hold..and i'm going to have to rip the tranny out AGAIN because i reused duralast parts. Just wanna...
  7. 3.45 to 3.73 with just a ring?

i've got a rear with 3.73s in my bronco 2 but the dana 28 still has the factory 3.45's. my buddy is telling me all i have to do is use the ring from the 3.73 setup he had in his old d28 (before he went to 4.10s), he states the pinon is the same. can anyone chime in on this? i dont wanna f my...
  8. 2.9 Exhaust Manifold To Head Bolts

I need to find exhaust manifold to head bolts for my 2.9 rebuild i've used the search feature on the forums and have found little information, on most posts, people were asking about mani to y pipe studs http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72549 none of those part numbers...
  9. 2.9 High Idle

My 2.9 is idling at 1500 rpms, I checked the throttle cable and throttle body, I took the iac off and cleaned it with bg intake and throttle cleaner, I've checked for vacuum hoses leaking/cracked, I don't see anything out of the ordinary, someone point me in the right direction? I also...
  10. 2.9 with cracked heads

:bawling:how likely is it that the block is warped as well?:bawling:
  11. Engine Flush to Stop ticking 2.9

any ideas, seafoam maybe?
  12. No Start, No Fuel.

did the valve covers on my ranger a week ago and the truck ran fine. Haven't started it since then and went to start it today, no dice. I don't hear either of the two fuel pumps (dual tank ranger) priming, I hit the rest button on the inertia switch and still no dice, ideas?
  13. cracked heads?

Took the valvecover off my 2.9 and this is what I found. :(
  14. clearing 33s

I want to run my buddies 33s (bfgoodwrench km1s) on my 88 ranger (first gen) but I only have a 3 inch body lift, any ideas for extra clearance for cheap without having to cut the front fenders, first gens are getting rare (especially my dual tank 5 speed manual tcase power everything!) So I...
  15. Inspection Plate In Between Block and Trans

I was rushing to get my new clutch in and forgot to put the inspection plate in. The Starte. is grinding everytime I start the truck. Does that plate act as a shim or guidance for alignment of the starter? I haven't had a chance to look at the flywheel yet, but im not sure if I should try to...
  16. Stuck Fan Clutch

How much power will I gain from replacing my stuck fan clutch with an electric fan. Im more worried about gaining power then mpg, although im sure ill gain both..id love for my 2.9 to be a little bit more ballsy:thefinger:
  17. How Do I Tell Which Tank Is Working..

..In my dual tank ranger. I put gas in the rear tank and had the selector set to the rear tank, but it's reading empty on the gague so either the sending unit is bad in that tank, the gague is stuck reading the front tanks sending unit, or the pump in the rear tank is dead and its not even...
  18. 2.9 Performance?

Any suggestions for a guy new to 2.9s? I just want a little more added torque when i throw the 3 inch body lift and 33s on (3.73s with a limited slip 7.5)
  19. Bought A New Truck

Last night I purchased an '88 ranger xlt ext cab. 2.9L has no signs of cracked heads (pressure tested the cooling system, pulled the plugs and they looked okay, no sign of water in the oil or vise versa and no smoke from the exhaust) 5 speed trans 3.73 gears with limited slip in the rear, manual...
  20. 2.8 Runs Rough When At Operating Tempature

My 2.8 started running rough only when warm yesterday after I swapped the rear (went from 3.45s to 3.73s, changed a valve cover gasket (driver side) and slightly adjusted the rocker arms on that side cause I had a bunch of slack and valvetrain noise. It runs fine when cold but once it warms up...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad