• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. unoleisu

New to CO

Hey guys, I just relocated to the Durango area. Is there anyone in this immediate area? I'd like to maybe meet up and share tech info, trails, ect. as soon as I get settled in. Thanks!
  2. unoleisu

If I could choose....scenario

If I could choose an End of the world as we know it scenario, it would be....(fill in the blank. Come on. You know you want too.) AND why.
  3. unoleisu

92 ex 4.0 to 87 BII 2.9 swap

I have my 92 Explorer (4.0) engine pulled, and am about to do a rebuild, while it is out, just so I know it is solid... I plan to swap it into my 87BII (2.9). I plan to keep my BII dash, since the EXP dash is in poor shape. I have all the components of both vehicles. I have read as much on here...
  4. unoleisu

BII Tank capacity

I know this has been discussed a few times recently, just thought I'd throw out there some recent findings. 87 BII, 2.9L, M50D, 8.8(3.73) In the past, I had noticed that my (23gal) gas tank, when filling up, usually took around 12- 13 gals to reach full. I usually stop to refuel when it is...
  5. unoleisu

Door lock set exchange?

Ok here's my issue. I have a 87 BII. I found on the net that there is a paddlock we can buy that can be set to work with vehicle locks. :yahoo: Problem: 0nly 95 and later ( Ford vehicles that have only single key for ignition and door lock). Question: I have a 97 Explorer. Anyone know off hand...
  6. unoleisu

SOHC 4.0 into a 87 BII?

I have a 87 BII, 2" body lift, stock 2.9, (92) Explorer M50D, 8.8, D28. So, I have a 97 Explorer 2wd (SOHC 4.0) sitting in my driveway, that needs a timing chain. I also have a 92 Explorer 4x4 (OHV 4.0) I bought for donor parts. I saw that the SOHC 4.0 has 207 HP, vs OHV 4.0 with 160 hp. I...
  7. unoleisu

Half door mirrors?

I have just about finished my pass side half door, and about to start the drive side. I'm still toying with ideas about what to do for mirrors. I may try to remount the stock ones, but I'm not sure about visability, since they'll be moved forward quite a bit. I was wondering if those who have...
  8. unoleisu

Boatsiding a BII

Anyone ever boatside a BII? I'd like to see pics if you can post them. I'm thinking about it, but haven't seen any examples. I will deffinately do sliders, if boatsiding isn't better. Maybe boatsided sliders? Please post what you can, thanks!
  9. unoleisu

army surplus BII tent

Gentlemen; (and the rest of us, also) Have you ever set in the back of your BII and said to yourself; "(explicit) I wish I had a tent to attach to the back of my BII, so I could more freely camp out any where I can park!" ? Well sirs, this thread is for YOU! I was at the local flee market not...
  10. unoleisu

axle truss?

Ok. I'm about to do a 8.8 axle swap into my 87 BII. While I'm relocating perches and shock mounts, I thought about going ahead and doing trusses. I'm trying to decide weather to bother with it, or not. Is it going to be worth the trouble? Do I need them, will I gain anything? Thanks. I doubt...
  11. unoleisu

Need BII exo-cage pics

In light of the recently posted BII rollover pics ( I'm very sorry to see that, really sucks) I wonder if anyone has some really good BII exo- cage pics they could post. I've been toying with this idea, but haven't seen much I really like. I'm thinking it might be a good idea, after I do my 4.0...
  12. unoleisu

computer buzzing?

Ok, don't get upset, but this is for a 97 Taurus, 3.0 vulcan v6. (my mom's old station wagon, giving to my son, if i can fix. I know it has ahead gasket leak, since it was blowing steam when It got parked 2 yrs ago. Yesterday i put a new battery in it and tried to start. It cranked fine but no...
  13. unoleisu

8.8 ID question

I'm trying to determine if the 8.8 rear axle on my 97 EXP 2wd will work for my 87 BII 4wd. The tag says: S613C R 3L73 88 7A06 I understand that it is an 8.8, with 3.73 ring gear and is Limited slip. I don't understand the axle model info (S613C) or the Date? (R) or the Plant ID (7A06)...
  14. unoleisu

4.0 won't start or run

I've got a 97 expl XLT 2wd. When I bought it (winter, 08), it ran fine for a few weeks, then just quit starting. I replaced the MAF with a new one, and Temp. Sensor with new, also new plugs. It ran rough, and then died again. When I got it to start again after days of trying, I took it to...
  15. unoleisu

performance chips

Has anyone used a performance chip that made a real difference. How is it installed? I've been wondering if it would do anything for my daily driver, or should I save my money for something more useful?
  16. unoleisu

BII Cargo light upgrade

I thought someone might want to see what I did. Hope it's helpful. I wanted to replace the OEM cargo light that was dim and old looking. I pulled a dome light assembly from a 97 Exploder I have laying around. A quick search through my wireing diagrams showed me the wireing matched, except for...
  17. unoleisu

Fuel Gauge issues

Hello everyone. On my 87 BII 2.9L M50D I'm still trying to figure out my fuel gauge issues. Symptom: When I fill the tank, it shows full as it should. Reads fine until it gets down to half full, then below half full, it bottoms out. (shows completely empty) I have varified that at half full, it...
  18. unoleisu

fuel tank sender and gauge

Ok, on my 87 BII, 2.9L, M50D, My fuel gauge has been messed up. It reads fine when full, all the way down to half full. Below that it drops to empty. I got brave and continued driving, knowing that there is still half a tank of gas. I noticed it started to rise slowly, to about 1/4, then...
  19. unoleisu

TFI Ignition module relocation questions

I have an 87 BII eddie bauer 2.9L , just put in an M50D. I'm wanting to relocate my TFI Ignition module according to the tech sheets. Already found a heatsink bracket from an aerostar. About the wireing, the tech sheet said : "A trip to Radio Shack may be an easier route. They sell wire looms...
  20. unoleisu

M5OD SWAP issue

Got a problem.... I have a 87 BII, 2.9, A4LD, bw1350. I'm nearly done swapping in a M5OD from a 92 Explorer 4x4 2door. I am unshure if the M5OD is original to this exporer vehicle. I'm working on wiring from the 5 pin "cannon" connector from the BII harness. The backup lights are wired in. (...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad