• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What's the most accurate way to check a Ranger's brake light sockets with a ohm meter

What is the best way to check a Ranger's brake light bulb sockets with a ohm meter I'd like to check my Ranger's brake light sockets and front turn signal sockets with a ohm meter, if someone can explain the best way for doing so.. Is there also a procedure for checking the turn signal switch...
  2. Does anyone have a good link for a 87 to 90 Ranger's Ignition Switch Replacement

If anyone has a good link for Replacing a 87 to 90 Ranger's Ignition Switch, with all the steps used and with illustrated pictures.. Maybe, you could include it with your reply, if it's not too much trouble.. How long does it usuallly take to do this, and do you need to lower the steering...
  3. Has anyone built a garage shelter, out of PVC pipe and covered it with a tarp..

After looking at the website links posted below.. I was wondering if any of you guys have ever made a garage shelter out of arching PVC pipe for making a frame and covered it with a waterproof, heavy duty 12 millimeter thick polyethylene, 24'x24' tarp, for making a garage shelter, instead of a...
  4. Can anyone figure this Ranger's problem out

On my 1990 Ranger both rear turn signals will flash, when the right side turn signal is turned on, and the vehicle is running.. What's really weird ~ is when the ignition switch is turned off, when you turn the right side blinker switch on and hold the brake pedal on.. The right side turn...
  5. 1990 Ranger 4x4 front drive axles

The used 4x4 front drive axles I bought, before, don't have the large flat washer, like, piece that the seal goes next to, on each drive axle's slined yoke collar flange.. I'm assuming the piece that's missing on each front drive axle, as mentioned, is to help keep crude from going through the...
  6. How long does it usually take to remove a 90 Ranger front differential carrier

After reading the information procedure on Removal Of Carrier And Slip Yoke: How many bolts are there securing the carrier to the support arm.. Is the support arm that they're referring to, the axle arm, on the passenger side, which connects the twin traction carrier beam to the frame's cross...
  7. Can anyone figure this problem out

90 Ranger tail lights and license plate lights On my 90 ford ranger, both rear tail lights will blink when the right side turn signal is turned on, while the right front blinker is blinking.. The front and back blinkers work fine when the left side blinker is turned on? I don't know what's...
  8. Why do both rear turn signals blink when the right side is turned on?

On my 90 ford ranger, both rear turn signals will blink when the right side is turned on, while the right front blinker blinks ok.. The front and back blinkers work fine when the left side blinker is turned on? I don't know what's causing both rear turn signals to flash when I use the right...
  9. Does anyone know anything about Carrizozo, New Mexico

Does anyone live in Carrizozo, New Mexico or around there, as I was wondering what it's like living there in that area..
  10. Fuel Pump or Fuel Pump Relay problem

On a 1989 Ranger with a 2.3 engine, when the weather gets cold, the electric fuel pump stops working.. Do you think it's the fuel pump, or the fuel pump relay that's being affected by cold weather that causes the fuel pump to stop working.. Whenever the weather is warmer, above 20 degrees...
  11. Does the ' THE KENDALL KARB " - UNIVERSAL VAPOR CARBURETOR thats on ebay really work?

Does the ' THE KENDALL KARB " - UNIVERSAL VAPOR CARBURETOR thats on ebay really work? I was wondering if anyone knows, if the ' THE KENDALL KARB " - UNIVERSAL VAPOR CARBURETOR that's for sale, on ebay, legitimately works or if it's just a money making scam.. It's advertised, on ebay, that '...
  12. Need Your Expertise Concerning Computer Hard Drives

I am currently using a computer that's running a xp professional operating system on a 373 gigabyte sata hard drive, with a pentium four 3 gigabyte CPU, and 2 gigabytes of RAM. Being I have a lot of information on my old ide hard drive, which I would like to have access to, that was running on...
  13. American Crystal Sugar Company locks out it's workers

Locked out American Crystal Sugar worker plays guitar, harmonica, and sings his own songs concerning Corporate Greed and American Crystal Sugar locking out all of it's Union Workers, that have made this Company 3.1 Billion Dollars Profit, for each of the four last years, prior to the lockout...
  14. Can a 194 bulb be used to see if a fuel injector is pulsing

I read, before, that a 194 bulb can be used, if you don't have a noid light, to see if a fuel injector is receiving a pulsing signal by inserting the 194 bulb wires into the fuel injector's connector. I didn't have a 194 bulb handy. So, I used a 161 bulb, instead, and didn't detect any...
  15. one cylinder isn't firing on my 1987 Ranger

The number 2 cylinder fuel injector isn't firing on my Ranger's 2.9 engine. The fuel injector's ohm resistence measured 15 ohms. I think 15 ohms is within specs, isn't it? When I grounded my continuity tester and checked for power on the fuel injector's wire connector plug terminal. The...
  16. Would 12.1 volts at the battery and 11.7 volts at the coil, cause engine to run rough

Shouldn't the voltage at the coil test the same voltage as it is at the battery? Would this difference in the voltage, as mentioned, cause the engine to run rough on a 1987 Ranger with a 2.9 engine? What most likely, do think, would be causing this difference in voltage, maybe, a weak ignition...
  17. 1987 Ranger Ignition Coil Test Results on a 2.9

The ohm resistance between the small side terminals of the coil was .6 ohms. The resistance between on either side terminal and the center high output terminal was 8,100 ohms. Are these test results out of range, that could be causing malfunctioning ignition issues?
  18. Monster truck rat rod

I was wondering if this is worth the price they're asking for it? And. what your opinion is of it, for how it looks. 1946 chevy panel van on 78 chevy 4x4 drivetrain runs and drives go anywhere 350 auto full time 4x4 make a great hunting or fishing rig or just a toy 37" goodyear MTRS...
  19. Need to replace a, front-passenger side, drive axle shaft on a 1990 Ford Ranger 4x4

Bought a 1990 Ford Ranger 4x4 that has a bad, front-passenger side, drive axle shaft The drive axle shaft is loudly spinning within itself, which I assume is a stripped out, splined connection contained within a rubber boot, nearest the outside of the differential carrier, on the passenger side...
  20. Is anyone using a oil lube in there 4x4 M50D tranny, instead of ATF

Is anyone using motor oil in their Ranger's 4x4 M50D tranny, instead of ATF Would using motor oil provide better lubrication in a Ranger's 4x4 M50D tranny, instead of using ATF It seems I recall reading, before, that some people recommended and were using, either, 10/30w motor oil, or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad