• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. KyleTay

4.0 SOHC on 3.0 five speed

Will the 4.0 SOHC engine mount to a 3.0 five speed? Was looking at buying this 3.0 five speed and sticking my 4.0 SOHC in it
  2. KyleTay

2004 4.0 overheated yesterday

The coolant thermostat housing cracked yesterday on my way to work. Seems like the thermostat stuck closed and caused the housing to fail. What a stupid design tho! You have to remove the throttle body to replace the thermostat and the entire intake to get to the housing! I think I rode...
  3. KyleTay

wanted, pics of naked ranger chassis

I have searched and searched, and I know I have seen pics here before of the ranger chassis with no bed or cab... If you have a link or pic, please post it here. I would greatly appreciate it.
  4. KyleTay

Edge Lowering: Front shock mounts as support

Will the front shock mounts support the weight of the front of the truck? Say if you used a coilover... or airbag over shock...
  5. KyleTay

Depreciation, park it or drive it daily

I have a problem of sorts. I am looking for analytical discussion, with a little personal opinion added. I purchased my 2004 Ranger EDGE, 4.0L, 2wd, 2 door supercab last October. It had 43,000 miles and I (over)paid ~$13,500 with tax and gap. I drove 43,000 miles this year, using the truck...
  6. KyleTay

Got some pics, finally, so hello.

Well, I came to own my Ranger this time last year. Purchased second hand of course. 2004 Ford Ranger 4.0 Litre V6 2WD EDGE 31x10.5 Firestone A/Ts on stock 15x7 steel wheels Photos with Canon EOS-20D and 50mm lens. I added the hitch. This is me trying to be artful with the...
  7. KyleTay

What's in your rear?

Well your rear differential is what I'm wondering about. I have 31" tires and 3.55 open diff right now... I am moving to a 3.73 LSD, but wondered if I should jump to a 4.10 LSD instead? Your thoughts are considered relevant until proven otherwise, or visaversa I always mix that up
  8. KyleTay

What limits the Torsion Twist Lift?

When you max out your torsion twist what limits the amount of lift? Are you limited by the effective spring rate of the torsion bar? Or does the shock limit the downward range?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad