• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Thed

Oh, LOOK! Not ANOTHER V8 build thread!!!

I power washed the mold off yesterday and sat in it, and a whole load of feelings came back of missing that truck.
  2. Thed

Glad to hear. I kind of chilled out a bit on making tooooo much power. It's easy to forget the Ranger is light when the existing engine is weaker than piss. :LOL:
  3. Thed

How do you like it just stock? It's too late since I already tore down the engine, might as well build it right. It's a good thing I did, though. I found a crack in one of the connecting rod journals.
  4. Thed

My, my, my... how naive I once was. Six years later, I've barely touched this. Hell, the truck hasn't been driven in two. After the last post on 12/21/13 the Ranger was rear-ended and has just been in a sad state of decay ever since. BUT, starting to get back on this. I wonder who's still here?
  5. Thed

Project American Cruiser

Of all of the places I've made build threads for this truck, I've completely forgotten to post it here. I acquired her back in June and have loved every minute with her. Though she may have to be sold because of unforeseen circumstances. More on that at the end. - June - She is a 1968 with a...
  6. Thed

Got a brake question for smart brake-loving people...

So my '96 Ranger obviously has some nice Bendix dual-piston calipers that do a decent job bringing the mini truck to a stop... But theoretically what if I went to a setup that had a larger rotor but only a single-piston caliper? Although clamping pressure would be down, there would be more...
  7. Thed

Ford F150 9.75 installed on a 2000 Ranger

Also, this is how you use the search feature noobies.
  8. Thed

Ford F150 9.75 installed on a 2000 Ranger

I may actually do this swap... Just did a brake job on my buddy's '03 F-150 and it featured 16'' wheels on top of the disc brakes. Very easy job. This axle was found on the 5.4L 150's and the 4.6's with the optional tow package.
  9. Thed

Could YOUR Ranger survive a TORNADO?

Because this one did! Shame it fell onto a Raptor, but the man that was THROWN through the air in his Ranger lives to deliver again! LINK
  10. Thed

Offical Knife discussion/picture thread

My SOG Trident Tanto and I are like siamese twins. We're always attached to each other. Errands, work, school, anywhere. I think I'd cry if God forbid something happened to it.
  11. Thed

Teddyzee and Iron Ranger... I need your help

So I'm still planning my 302 swap with a T5 and I wanted to know what slave cylinders you used in your swaps. I was thinking of hetting this and fabbing up a bracket to make it fit. But then I saw that the manufacturer recommended at master cylinder with a 3/4" bore. Us Ranger dudes use a 5/8"...
  12. Thed

Yep that's right. For the past year the only thing that I wanted to do was to get some parts for a turbo 2.3 setup. Sadly, that setup has no future with me anymore (got some turbo parts for sale, PM for details). So this thread begins!!! Today, I took a small, yet extremely important step...
  13. Thed

Going for a '96 Explorer computer... need to confirm what to snatch

Alright I gave up my whole 2.3 turbo fantasies and I'm just gunna slap a 302 in there (if only it were that easy). I'm about to go to the salvage yard tomorrow and grab the computer and wiring from a 96 Explorer. Now I have the weak little 2.3 in my 96 Ranger and I want to do a good build with...
  14. Thed

Coyote Hunting

I thought you were searching for a new 5.0L Coyote engine to put into your Ranger. :bawling:
  15. Thed

A/C pressure too high

Alright my A/C went out yesterday, and the compressor clicks on for a second and then clicks off for about 5-10. Like most people I just thought it needed more refrigerant, but when I put my recharge can up to the low pressure port (with a cheap gauge, mind you) it showed 150-130 PSI. When I...
  16. Thed

E-fan conversion

E-Fan Conversion - How To Alright guys I did an E-fan conversion today. Took me about 3 hours from the time I lifted the hood to the time I parked the Ranger in the drive way after the test drive. Alright first thing is first, the parts I used. Summit 16" 2010 CFM electric fan Wiring Kit w/...
  17. Thed

EXEDY or Brute Power?

My clutch is slipping and I narrowed it down to these two. My only question is which one? For $6 more I can get the Brute Power with an OE spec disc but stronger fingers on the pressure plate or I can get an EXEDY kit. Any one have experience with either clutches? Advice?
  18. Thed

How I Was Able to Fit Two 10" Subs in a Single Cab

I have a 1996 Ranger single cab with the five speed manual, :headbang: a Sony Xplod head unit powering 4 Kicker DS680's, and a Kicker 10CVT104 (note: shallow mount) powered by a Visonik 800 Watt, 400 RMS amp @ 4 ohms. I wanted to ditch the Kicker. The brand is highly overrated and very...
  19. Thed

How to get a K&N FIPK for less than $200...

So guys I just ordered a K&N FIPK for the '96 Ranger. This is for the 95-97 4-banger manual Rangers. AutoAnything has a policy that it will NOT be undersold on K&N products and will beat any deal by $10. Amazon has theirs for $204, which is lower than AA...
  20. Thed

P1401 - I've tried everything...

...but the light won't turn off!!!!!!!!!!!! I replaced the DPFE sensor with a FoMoCo official part, I cleaned out the EGR tube, replaced the EGR valve, SeaFoamed the truck twice, and I replaced the vacuum solenoid. What else could there be? Could it be a vacuum...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad