• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. vin question

i have a pair of 83 rangers and im wondering just how early they are. the one im not sure about bu the other one i think might actuall be one of the late 82 models. so my question is, does anyone know what number ford started with when they put them onthe rangers? Did they start with 000001, or...
  2. better than stock rotors

I need to put new brakes and wheel bearings in my 83 4wd and i was thinking, does anyone make a rotor thats drilled? If at all possible i would like to do better than just oem quality parts without having the truck down for very long.
  3. heater fan issues

the heater fan in my 83 only blows on the highest setting. I think it might be the resistor but 1 Im not sure thats the problem and 2 i dont know where it is and how to fix it. has anybody else had to deal with that problem?
  4. explorer ohc in 1st gen

has anybody installed one of the explorer consoles in a 1st gen ranger? I read the tech article already and i jus want to know if its abouut the same in the older trucks also. Any help would be great
  5. domelight doesnt work

just started working on a new to me 83. the dome light doesnt came on though. not with the doors or the switch. so where should i start? its not a fuse, and thats as far as ive made it so far, still working out a few bigger issues. Where can i get some new door side switches?
  6. more about 2.3 timing

i bought another 83 ranger with the 2.3. it needed a new timing belt. no problem, thought I. take it all apart, put a new timing belt and a new tensioner on. I get the whole mess put back together, and it started even. im sitting in th etruck , fiddling with the throttle, revving it up, letting...
  7. temp gauge wont work

Ive replaced the temp sensor, and that did nothing. I cant see any problem with the wire in the engine bay, so im lost. should i look into a bad gauge itsself? on a 83 with 2.3l
  8. dome light issues

I have a 83 2wd xlt single cab. I replaced the original domelight with one from a 96 f150 and put an led in that. I noticed a few days ago, that the dome light comes on with the headlights, very dimly. when i step on the brakes it lights up, but still not to full brightness. It also flashes with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad