• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. bilzy7

Engine Ticking, Lets See How Long It Lasts

It's been awhile guys. So I always use synthetic oil and go about 5-6k miles between changes. Well about 4kish miles after my last change my engine starting ticking really loud. When I got home I checked and my oil was low. I bought new oil and a filter. I went to go take off the oil filter and...
  2. bilzy7

Looking For Someone To Do V8 Swap

Hello, so as the title says I am looking for someone in MA/NH area (I'm currently in Haverhill, MA) who has experience or can do the swap? Right now I am talking to Enhances Street Performance and have linked them to some V8 build threads here and discussed what I want out of this. I basically...
  3. bilzy7

SQL Server Management Studio

I cannot for the life of me get this to work without a server to connect to. I was hoping someone on here could either link me to the info or let me know. I just want to practice my database skills. I have searched the Internet and it only shows how to take a database offline, which I already...
  4. bilzy7

Keeping my fingers crossed for this job...

I am hoping I get either the junior Database job, or helpdesk. I got the skills it just depends if I stand out enough... Downloaded SQL server management studio and python to practice more advanced stuff... With ITT Tech in my programming class the most advanced code we wrote was a class project...
  5. bilzy7

Switching to synthetic fluid

I want to change my fluid in tranny to full synthetic. Do I need to flush out ALL the old fluid or will I be ok just putting a new filter in and gasket and adding what, 3 quarts I think it is? I always hear mixed thoughts about fluid flushes. I read if you don't normally get fluid flushed, you...
  6. bilzy7

Curiosity killed the caliper!

My rangers front brakes are the bigger rotors, as in HD option from factory and are much large then my front explorer brakes. Before I go and attempt suicide, can I swap rotors and caliper attachment brackets as a big disk upgrade? Or is this a completely stupid idea? What is braking, 60...
  7. bilzy7

Brakes releasing, then squeezing backdown before full stop

I have a new to me 1998 explorer 4.0 4wd I just recently acquired. When I come to a stop my brakes release making an almost mechanical arm noise and the squeeze back down, but they skip as they squeeze down. My brake pedal also goes down some when it releases pressure. I go about 5 additional...
  8. bilzy7

My New To Me 1998 Explorer XLT 4WD

So I got an explorer so I could take my wife, son, and soon to be born daughter places after my rangers tranny went. It has 118,7xx miles on it now, I paid $2,200.00 for it. Previous owner flashed the check engine light; so I thought there were no problems. Turns out p0304(misfire cyl 4) was a...
  9. bilzy7

Spark plug gap from OHV-SOHC engines

I got spark plugs at autozone today and the guy gave me ones for a 1998 explorer with an OHV engine, but I have a SOHC engine. Does anyone know if these will still work for gap size and all? If any confusion, I have a 1998 sohc explorer I just bought. I'm gonna change oil, spark plugs/wires...
  10. bilzy7

Water damage title on a 1999 explorer sport?

I seen a really nice explorer sport with 74k miles and I test drove it. It drove really nice besides a squeak from front suspension which is either a ball joint or shock I assume. It does have a water damage title from 2005. Besides not having a good title all electrical works without a problem...
  11. bilzy7

May be switching to an explorer... Possibly

I've had a grinding transmission for about 10k miles now. It would grind at low speeds if I gave it too much power. I learned to drive it nicely. Recently, well yesterday while I was doing laundry; the tranny kind of gave out in a way. I now have to go so light on the pedal, I almost have to...
  12. bilzy7

Really loud whining noise from steering

I replaced my upper control arm and my ride is sooo much softer. But now it pulls to the left pretty hard if I let go of steering wheel. I'm wondering if by me tightening the balljoints in with wheel turned could of caused this? I of course had to turn steering wheel to take some bolts off. Or...
  13. bilzy7

I'm a genius... Messed up brake line off caliper

I was changing my upper control arms and the bolt that holds it to the mount had the metal brake line off first bracket in the way. I tried to be careful and not bend it too much toget bolt out but I guess it was too old and got a break in it somewhere. I hit pedal and it pisses brake fluid. So...
  14. bilzy7

Favorite Pre-workout drink?

So, what's your favorite preworkout drink? Pill form is fine too, just curious as to what others take. I'm only 5'11 153lbs. I love cellular c4, also NO Explode isn't bad. If I get a coffee on way home after taking NO Explode.... My ass explodes... I went through many like Jack3D, which was...
  15. bilzy7

Good deal, or no?

This guy wants 600 for 2 rear doors, a hood(all off a black ranger), and a 105k mile tranny. All of this off a 99 4.0 ext cab for $600.00. other wise he wants 100 for hood, 250 for doors, and 400 for tranny.
  16. bilzy7

trouble choosing a decent spray gun and compressor...

Im trying to find a decent Spray Gun and Compressor for it. It seems alot I find say compatible with solvent and waterborne coatings. Im just trying to find one for a decent paint job, nothing over the top. I ended up on Eastwoods site but alot seem to be for special paint jobs. I just need a...
  17. bilzy7

Welder in MA? Radiator core support help.

I am trying to find someone who can weld a new radiator core support in for me. I'll rip the front end apart, not literally but I'll take it off and everything else. If anyone near MA/NH border or reasonable distance can do this let me know. We can talk about how much and when. My support is...
  18. bilzy7

Advice on where/brand to go with for ball joints/bushings?

I read up online, and obviously Moog has good reviews on ball joints. I did some searching and found a site called www.proforged.com. For 38.99 it seems like a good deal and they say 1 million mile warranty. I'm between those 2 for ball joints, but proforged doesn't specify upper or lower, and...
  19. bilzy7

Ticking engine, oil pressure gauge 0-normal

I know there are other threads on this but I figured I'd ask as none I could find said anything about a ticking engine. So about 4 days ago my engine started ticking, I know it's coming from the top end. Then about 2 days ago I noticed my oil gauge would drop to 0 and flicker up and down when...
  20. bilzy7

Can't get rotor off passenger side

I was so mad when I tried for half an hour with my hammer to bang off passenger side rotor. I went to check drivers side and it comes off no problem. So mad. Anyone have any ideas? I even tried to C Clamp on side to arm while I bang the crap out of other side of rotor hoping the pressure would...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad