• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. midtnranger

Need Help!

I am having a issue with my 93 4.0, she started the other day idling rough, then missing and cutting when driving. Would run fine if you went to wide open throttle. CEL came on, codes 137 and 538. Anybody have any ideas? New plugs, wires and O2 sensors. I really baffled with this.
  2. midtnranger

4.0 problems!

I have a 93 Ranger, just this morning after getting up to 55mph, she started hesitating and sputtering, check engine light came on. I get her home noticed a loose O2 sensor and plug. Fixed both of them, ran fine at 1st but then started doing it all over again. She is idling really rough. Any ideas?
  3. midtnranger

leaf spring help

I the hell do you get the bolts out for the leaf springs? I broke my 3 foot breaker bar, 2 sockets and only got one bolt out by using a cutoff wheel and my sawzall, and that took 2 hours! I don't have access to a torch, so is there any easier way to get them out? All I want to do is change the...
  4. midtnranger

midtnranger's build thread

I decided I would start a build thread on my ranger. I just got her last year. 1993 Reg. Cab, 4.0 5 speed. 1st thing done was fix all the front steering components. Replaced tie rods, ball joints.I had a problem with the front diff, found out it had no bearings left. I got a used D35, and...
  5. midtnranger

My 44 Knuckle Swap 35/44 Hybrid

I have a buddy with these on his jeep. Awesome tire. He had no problems with them at Windrock this weekend. That will be my next set of tires.
  6. midtnranger

Windrock 2/12/2011

Went with some friends to windrock yesterday. Had a good time. Here's a few pics. Don't have any of the ranger yet. Waiting for a friend to download. Everybody said the ranger was a beast, and couldn't believe how good it was on the trail.
  7. midtnranger

8.8 axle seal

I changed out my seals today on 8.8. Was a little worried about after reading some of the post's on here about carrier bolt pin, but had no trouble with mine. Actually mine was loose. Made sure I used loctite when I put back in. Also put a solid diff cover on. Thanks for the posts that helped...
  8. midtnranger

Wooly's Off Road Park, 11-7-10.

Finally got my Ranger off road today. Went with some friends to Wooly's Off Road Park in TN. If you watch Extreme 4x4, this is one of the places they go to. Here's a couple of pics of the Ranger and some friends.
  9. midtnranger

Boots for front and rear driveshafts.

Both of my boots need to be replaced, does anybody know where I can get them?
  10. midtnranger

midtnranger ranger

This is my ranger. I got it cheap, and she was a little rough. Rebuilt the whole front suspension, added 2" lift springs. Got some 31" duratracs. Still have a lot to do.
  11. midtnranger

Right D35 Bearing.

I need to replace the bearing in my D35. This is the passenger side inner bearing. What tool do I need to pull it out? Will a slide hammer be ok? I found one at Northern Tool. Any help would be appreciated.
  12. midtnranger

D35 leak

I just got finished redoing my whole front end, and wnt to check my fill level on my front diff. I noticed it was low so I added some gear oil, and it started leaking out as fast as I put in. I looked at the back of the diff and noticed it was leaking from the driver side axle. Is it a pain to...
  13. midtnranger

Bad Front Axle Ujoint?

I have a clunking and grinding sound coming from my front passenger wheel when I put my ranger in 4wd. After reading up on it on here, I am pretty sure I have a bad ujoint. I just bought the ranger and am pretty sure they have never been changed. Am I correct in my assumption of a bad ujoint? I...
  14. midtnranger

Front Camber

I changed all my tie rods, and the drag link today. Before I did the change I have noticed that the camber on my wheels was like this \ /, but after I did the change and took here for a drive I noticed they were like this / \ is this ok? It is so nice to have the slop out of the steering wheel!
  15. midtnranger

Question about Gear Oil.

I am changing the oil out my front and rear diff, I bought some Valvoline 80w-90 synthetic today, will this be ok for my Dana 35, and 8.8ls?
  16. midtnranger

Newbie from Mid TN

I just picked me up a 1993 4x4 Ranger today. Looking forward to searching for info to help me out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad