• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RollinWOT

AR Pistol thoughts?

I like an A2 build, but for me, for the time being anyhow, it's all about function over form. Perhaps I will do an A2 build sometime in the future, but next on the list for the pistol is a brace, maybe a RDS, and I'd like to do some FDE/high desert brush camouflage that blends in for around me...
  2. RollinWOT

AR Pistol thoughts?

Well, I got my PSA 10.5" upper in a couple weeks ago, finally got it out to the range and put 250 through it(mixed steel-cased Tula and brass cased Winchester). A couple FTF with the steel-cases, but otherwise ran flawlessly with everything else. Recoil spring twang was pretty noticable with the...
  3. RollinWOT

shock suggestions for 2 wheel drive

If the truck is lowered, get a set of DJM street truck shocks(Toxic series I think is what they are called?). Mine is lowered 2" front and 5" rear, I have a set of Monroes and they are decent, but it needs drop shocks for sure. If the truck is at factory ride height, use Monroe or Gabriel...
  4. RollinWOT

AR Pistol thoughts?

Oh boy, fun souvenirs, only costs a gun and your face in exchange:icon_rofl:
  5. RollinWOT

AR Pistol thoughts?

We see coyotes on my property several times a month, but they are only scared off by our dogs, they are acclimated to humans where we are. Human trafficking is a normal thing in our area, and those Coyotes have been known to prey on the solo, small groups of people. Again, avoidance is my main...
  6. RollinWOT

AR Pistol thoughts?

I have it set up for Mil-Spec, and that has never bothered me. I'd like to get something fancy some day, but Mil-Spec is fine for this application for me. I live less than 100 miles from the US/Mexico border, so it's a mix of mountains and desert scrubland as far as the eye can see. I'm mostly...
  7. RollinWOT

AR Pistol thoughts?

Actually I'm picking one up from PSA tomorrow, funny you should mention that. The only reasons I'm going with the AR pistol are: 1)I drive 120 miles round trip through some rough country, so I want something with a little more punch than just my CCW and backup gun. 2)SBR opens up a whole can...
  8. RollinWOT

AR Pistol thoughts?

A while back I built a 16" Franken-Carbine from an Anderson stripped lower, DPMS parts kit, Brownell's NiB M16 BCG, Aero Precision charging handle, OutdoorSportsUSA mil-spec carbine extension kit, and a complete Anderson barreled flattop upper. Since my lady can't handle "big-bore" like an AK, I...
  9. RollinWOT

2" Drop Coils - ride quality? (+other Q's)

I can't speak for beam suspension, but in my '98 with A-arms and 2" drop coils, the ride got a bit "bouncier" over the really rough stuff, but for 90% of driving it's A-ok, the rear axle flip kit actually had more of an effect on the ride quality than the front coils. I didn't have to trim...
  10. RollinWOT

Cochise County's lowest Ranger

After much time away from the forums, I'm glad to be back. I have finally finished the lowering kit on my truck(2"/5" static drop with coils and a flip kit, respectively), stepside conversion is done, and have it on a set of 2000 Model Year steelies. Probably going to go to 17" or 18" wheels in...
  11. RollinWOT

Reintroduction

Hello again ladies and gents. It feels like an eternity since I have posted here. After the birth of my second child, I got kind of caught up in the dad/special needs parent life. My truck has more or less taken a back burner for a long time, but now that my daughter is almost ready to enter...
  12. RollinWOT

your truck camping

This is my Ranger on a camping trip to Mt. Lemmon early this year. She gets the job done easily without fuss.
  13. RollinWOT

Experience with Yoko Geolandar A/T-S?

I'm looking to replace the tires on my wife's car with something a little more offroad friendly. I'm looking at the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S, which is the only offroad tire I can find in the factory rated P215/60R16 size. I don't wan to go much larger than that, but I could possibly squeeze on a...
  14. RollinWOT

Off Road Nissan Altima?

I've been thinking about making my wife's Altima into a pseudo-offroader. She took it on a camping trip, and long story short, it got stuck with just minor mud in the tires and on a slight uphill/washboard road. I' sure if I was with her it wouldn't have gotten stuck, but I feel like it could be...
  15. RollinWOT

Lets see your camping vehicles!

Here's mine. '98 Super Cab XLT 3.0L V6/5-speed/2wd/open diff with a Pilgrim Canopy high top. It's from a Tacoma, so it has about 3" overhang on the back and the front part of the camper is a 'wrap-around' so it's not flush with the cab and there's a bit of a gap where the camper should meet the...
  16. RollinWOT

Real Proud of my Upgraded Canopy Sleeper

Wow, that looks great! Good work, and the truck looks great. I want to replicate that to a certain extent. Do you have a list of all the parts you used?
  17. RollinWOT

Aluminum vs. Fiberglass

I've had both aluminum and fiberglass on my '98. The aluminum shell always seemed to get hot like an oven, but was much lighter than the fiberglass one I have now. I currently have a high top Pilgrim Canopy shell, and while its about 15-20 lbs heavier than the aluminum one( I attribute the extra...
  18. RollinWOT

Heater always blows hot-unable to turn off!

Alright in my '98 Ranger with the 3L engine, the floor vents are always blowing hot air. I've turned the blower motor off, the blower speed is as low as possible and it doesn't matter where the temperature knob is at, it always blows hot. Now that winter is approaching it's not too bad but when...
  19. RollinWOT

LiteRite headlight resurfacing.

Alright so a while back I tried the Mothers Powerball headlight refinisher and it did ok for a few months but now they're back to hazy yellow and cloudy. At work today I purchased one of our own marketed products. It's called LiteRite and it's a normal refinishing product and to be honest, it...
  20. RollinWOT

Lets see your camping vehicles!

That's awesome! I have been trying to find a way for me and the wife to be mobile with a small "home" and still have the bed availabe to stow stuff. I think a pop-up would be perfect for us.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad