• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. steven

Temp and tach after v8 swap

I am needing some help with wiring or ideas, I swapped mustang 5.0 with Ron Francis harness in 92 ranger and I want to use factory gauges. First is temp gauge, I don't know which wire in engine bay that was hooked to gauge sending unit? I am assuming it entered in the cab on driver side. Wanting...
  2. steven

5.0 revs at idle

Looking for advice on mustang motor in Ranger. Have been trying to get it to run correctly for awhile with no luck, When I start it up it will idle up then drop down to 800 ish rpm and run for about a minute just fine then it revs up on it's own to about 1500 and stays there for about min or so...
  3. steven

SOLD! 1991 ranger 4.0 motor and 5spd

Pulling out motor and 4x4 5spd transmission to do 5.0 swap. Motor is reman from Jasper has about 35,000 on it runs great good oil pressure, no documentation on motor besides sticker on core support, purchased with no documents, motor is very clean, paint looks very good. Previous owner...
  4. steven

Fuel pump questions

So I am putting a 91 5.0 foxbody motor and trans in my ranger and have many questions, not sure if this is where I should post? Gathering parts and started pulling mustang motor and was wondering what kind of fuel pump I should put in tank. Truck is 4.0, Mustang motor has explorer upper and...
  5. steven

Auto to manual hubs

So wanting to swap out auto hubs to manual ones, will model 28 manual hubs work on model 35? I know I have to swap out the nut assemble...
  6. steven

Transfer case options

Working on gathering parts for 5.0 swap in my 91 STX, motor is 91 mustang with AOD. Needing input or ideas on transfer case options. I have the good 2wd AOD and can purchase adapter from advanced adapters, or possibly put a 4wd output shaft in the 2wd trans and use a full size tcase, just not...
  7. steven

4.0 Supercharger for OHV 4.0

Done a little research, but does anyone sell supercharger plate or kit for OHV 4.0?
  8. steven

1991 Ranger swap questions

Wanting to start an explorer swap on my Ranger and have some question. I have a 1991 4x4 4.0 5sp. What year Explorer should I be looking for? I have heard the 96-97 without PATS? Also heard 96-97 uses GT40 P heads which not much for exhaust. I want to run an auto and would prefer to keep 2wd...
  9. steven

STX Graphics

So I'm starting to think I want to do some paint work to my faded and clearcoat peeling on truck. I have looked a little, but can not find another one with same graphics as mine. I believe from factory they came with vinyl graphics, mine is painted on "which I know took some time". I like the...
  10. steven

Finally got it running

Wanted to share a couple pics of my truck. Finally got it to run o.k. still have a lot of little things to finish up wiring and what not. I am debating about running a bed on it, seems kinda lite in the back end.
  11. steven

3.8 SC ranger

Just wanted to post couple of pics of my project still have some little stuff to finish up. Drove it a few times around yard still have to put front drive shaft in and lockouts on it. Makes pretty good power 13 psi boost I think with a little more run time and tweaking should make little more.
  12. steven

Wanting to show my truck off

New here just wanting to let everyone check out my project got a few little things to finish up.
  13. steven

First time posting

Hi new here Steven from mo. was wanting to post some pics of my ranger project not really sure how to do yet some tips would be great. Workin on a 1990 ranger running 35s on dana 44 front 9in rear, 3.8 sc aod to a 205.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad