• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 306deranged

1/8 mile 1/4 mile ET

Just trying to get an update I see a lot of guys have changed setups, trying to see what has and has not worked for yall. I rarely see any v8 rangers at our local tracks so to hear yalls times is pretty interesting. I will be running a gt40p motor with a c4 8.8 carbed and 100shot on a plate...
  2. 306deranged

8.8 Swap for v8 ranger

I have an 1988 ford ranger 2wd, It currently has a 8.8 in it with leaf over axle from an old 4.0 ranger. The truck sits too high and I want to flip it to leaf under axle. However I also need 373s and lim slip so im thinking the best thing to do is just get an explorer rear end. Does it simply...
  3. 306deranged

8.8 Axle Question Please Help

I have an 88 ranger the 7.5 has been removed and I have a 8.8 out of an old 4.0 ranger in there now. the problem is it is too high as it is a spring over axle setup and I would really like to flip it. I also need 373s and lim slip so im thinking the best thing to do is just buy an explorer rear...
  4. 306deranged

Harness question

Ill try to make this short as possible I have a few wiring questions. I have an 88 ranger and pulled the 4cyl a few years ago. When we did that I completely removed the wiring harness coming from the passenger side along with the computer, i even took the heater box off as well as i wasnt...
  5. 306deranged

Ignition and Fuel 302 Ranger

Hey guys, its been awhile since Ive been on the forums and im finally starting to get back to my 302 project ranger. I have already picked up a c4, an 8.8 rear end, and this week will be buying a 5.0 HO motor that im planning on doing a carb setup on. My question(s) are 1.) What is the best...
  6. 306deranged

I want to be slammin!

Finally ready to lower my truck...about a year ago there was a kit i found on ebay which came with a flip kit for the rear and diff springs in the front it was 3in front 4in rear. But of course now that im ready to lower it, i cannot find the same kit again. the truck has stock leafs and springs...
  7. 306deranged

Cheapest/Easiest way to make a cowl hood

I want to make my own cowl hood because i cannot find a company that makes them for a ranger since everybody seems to worship s10's for some reason like a 350 is the greatest gift to all mankind lol. Any suggestions on where to purchase one from? Bolt on? Weld on? im tryin to get a 4 inch cowl...
  8. 306deranged

oil pump priming problem

I've got a 1994 302 I'm building for my ranger...the motor is completely assembled and I've been priming the motor every few weeks and its been doing fine until now. I've been using a drill and a priming tool by jegs. Now the drill will spin freely until a certain point but then becomes unable...
  9. 306deranged

c4 question

I got a 94 302 ho im getting ready tomate it to my c4...please help me find the right torque converter...ive heard alot of people say that finding the right c4 converter is difficult because sometimes it doesnt want to slide all the way on the input shaft for different reasons and i really just...
  10. 306deranged

Will a big bellhousing c4 fit?

Hi guys, its been awhile since ive posted a question and im in need of some advice again lol. Ive got a 88 ranger im putting a 1994 302 HO motor in. I want to use the stock 164 tooth 50 oz imbalance flexplate. Therefore, I am looking at purchasing a "big" bellhousing c4 to accomodate the 164...
  11. 306deranged

Are the pushrods to short???

Alright guys, some of you know i had some problems with my main bearings and ended up having to get the bottom end rebuilt by my machine shop to fix everything. It spins over perfectly now. Now I have a new question for you lol. Look at the pictures and see if you think the pushrods are to...
  12. 306deranged

Motor Very Hard to Turn Over????

Once again i have ran into another problem and need some advice.. I have a 88 ranger im building a 1994 302 HO for it. This is my first build and im learning alot at 20 yrs old ive been asking for alot of help. One of my budys helped me put the motor together hes got several mustangs and knows...
  13. 306deranged

Camshaft Installation Help

Hey guys im confused on installing my cam in my 302 HO motor. A couple guys have told me i need a degree wheel, a couple said just put #1 at TDC and throw it in? I went and bought a degree wheel just in case but i still do not know where to start. The heads are off, and the motor is on a stand...
  14. 306deranged

Distributor Help

I have a 94 302 ho roller motor carb'ed...just had everything rebuilt, now its down to ignition. I ordered a msd 6al with a blaster 2 coil....but the distributor?? I have a distributor my friend gave me and it has msd internals. But my stock cap will not fit over it, the rotor just hits the top...
  15. 306deranged

302 Ranger ET???

Just wondering what kind of times you guys think i can expect. What are yall runnin? I have a 88 singlecab short bed with a 306, ported polished and shaved e7 heads stud mounted with 1.6rr's, a comp xe270hr cam. edelbrock intake mani and holley carb.....not sure if im going with a t5 or c4...
  16. 306deranged

302 Radiator Question

Anybody know whats the best radiator to get, which one will fit...im sure some cuttin will be required but i just tryin to get an idea of which radiator to use....its slightly modified 302 in a 88 ranger....not too much done other than ported e7's and a comp cam with 1.6 rr's
  17. 306deranged

302 to c4 help

Hey guys, i just dropped the motor off at the machine shop to get some work done but im wondering what c4 i should get. What flexplate, torque converter, bellhousing? The motor is a 94' 302 ho and its balanced at 50 oz
  18. 306deranged

88' Ranger 302 swap help

Hey guys, im new to the site and im in need of a little help...I have a 1988 Ford Ranger I have been working on for about 4 months now...so far Ive done alot of body work, a set of weld draglites, a 8.8 out of a 91' and a 302 ho from a 1994 mustang gt. The motor is not in yet im getting it bored...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad