• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SR185

dash lights stay dim even when turn all the way up

My dash lights and overhead light are very dim (on my '84 BII), even when the headlight knob is turned to maximum. Turning the knob will turn them on or off, but they will not brighten. I replaced all the bulbs with new LED's and the problem is the same. Is this a problem with the...
  2. SR185

Help replacing stock head unit in '84 BII

I need some help with the power wires for the new head unit I am installing to (finally replace the stock am/fm cassette deck. The dash as a plug with 3 wires that I'm trying to figure out. The stock unit plugged into these. One wire is yellow with black stripes, and it has power when the...
  3. SR185

Poly radius arm bushing for BII

The original rubber radius arm bushings on the BII are shot. I'm looking to replace with poly bushings, but have a couple of questions: 1. Are kits like this http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-93004-radius-arm-bushings-84-90-red.html for only one side or both sides? 2. I noticed that some...
  4. SR185

How to remove BII back seat?

I got the lower cushions out of the Bronco II. But, how do you remove the center bracket for the upper cushions? EDIT: I figured it out
  5. SR185

What center cap goes with these OEM wheels?

Does anyone know what center cap came with these wheels? Looking on the Bay, I see chrome and black center caps that look like they would work. But, what was the original? I'm looking to buy a set. [/IMG]
  6. SR185

Valve stem seals replacement vs. new heads

I replaced the valve stem seals on my '84 a few weeks ago. The seals cost about $10, but the job was a bitch to do. If you have A/C, like I do, It's almost impossible to remove the last two seals on the passenger side. My old valve seals were the originals, and had 142k miles on them...
  7. SR185

Hard to start after DuraSpark

My engine seems to run fine now that I've done the DuraSpark, but it is difficult to crank (hot or cold). Before DuraSpark, the engine started easily, but ran poorly. Now, I have to pump the gas, and keep the accelerator pedal floored to get it to crank. What problems should I be looking for?
  8. SR185

Ford 2.8 listed as one of worst car engines of all time

This article I came across is a couple of years old: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0408phr_worst_automobile_engines/index.html Here's what they say about the Ford 2.8: "Offered in the downsized Mustang and Capri, as well as Ranger pickups, the Ford 2.8 remains a rickety memory...
  9. SR185

Paint job for the BII

How do you think my BII would look with a paintjob like the blue Toyota FJ cruiser? I have a blue interior, so sticking with blue colors would probably be best. I think the white top might look cool. What do you think? [/IMG]
  10. SR185

Valve stem seals replacement

I've been replacing the valve seals, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to get the last two done on the passenger side. The problem is the a/c box is so close, I can't get my valve spring compressor tool positioned. Any suggestions? Also, for you mechanics, just curious as to how...
  11. SR185

Almost finished Durasparking my BII

I am almost finished with the Duraspark conversion. I have the new harness on, new distributor, module, and carb. couple of questions: 1. Can I use one of the existing red vacuum lines for the distributor? 2. The PCV valve hose ran to the back of the old carb. On the new carb...
  12. SR185

NAPA Auto Parts rant

On Saturday, July 10, I ordered $375 worth of parts from NAPA online. I immediately received an email with my order confirmation. By Thursday, July 15, I had not received a shipping confirmation. I went online to check my order status, and it was still "pending." I called NAPA customer...
  13. SR185

BII steering wheel replacement

I'd like to replace original steering wheel on my '84 BII with a newer steering wheel. My BII has cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. Will the steering wheels from newer Ford Explorers (with cruise control) work on the BII? Or any other Ford vehicles? Has anyone done this...
  14. SR185

Couple of Duraspark conversion questions

I am collecting the parts for the Duraspark conversion. While debating if I want to go the 2bbl vs 4 bbl carb, I have not been able to locate the 2150 2 bbl car at the auto parts chain stores' online sites. Any suggestions for finding this carb (preferably new, remanufactured, or already...
  15. SR185

New BII owner and forum member

Just acquired an all original 84 BII 142K miles always garaged automatic transmission Never wrecked 100% original: paint, interior, wheels, engine never overhauled Seats and carpet need cleaning, but no rips or tears, New tires, new headliner, new battery Engine is running rough – needs tune...
  16. SR185

New owner to a '84 Bronco II

Guys, Just acquired a '84 Bronco II from the original owner. Details: 142K miles always garaged automatic transmission Never wrecked 100% original: paint, interior, wheels, engine never overhauled Seats and carpet need cleaning, but no rips or tears, New tires, new headliner, new battery...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad