• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. upnsmoke

E brake cable question

I put this in general discussions because it is a matter of curiosity for me more so than an attempt to diagnose a particular issue. I was adjusting my E brake cables today and can't help wondering how they work. It looks to me like the front cable actuated by the pedal pulls only on the driver...
  2. upnsmoke

2.0/2.3 Distributor Gear Oiling Mod

Hey guys. I was doing some reading in my down time today and came across this guy modifying 2.3 distributors for improved oil flow to the auxiliary shaft gear and distributor drive gear. I have read that there is a problem with 2.0/2.3s eating distributor gears. I found the dist gear in my 2.0...
  3. upnsmoke

Shackle lift questions

I am swapping rear axles yet again soon and am considering trying out a set of Belltech 6400 shackles while I am at it. Before I go ahead with it though, I have a couple questions for those that have run extended shackles with stock or close to stock leaf springs. For one, has anyone gotten...
  4. upnsmoke

Where is my coolant temperature sensor?

I have removed anything that could have been a coolant temperature sensor from my intake manifold and head. I do not see one on or around the water pump. Strangely enough though, my coolant temperature gauge still works. Is there a sensor somewhere on the block? I can't imagine where else they...
  5. upnsmoke

A few pictures of my 88

Edit-I'm not sure how, but I screwed this up first time around and lost most of the post, so here we go again. This is an ugly truck in more ways than one, just so anyone who looks is prepared. Feel free to laugh anyway. Here's a couple of the truck itself. The truck is an 88 single cab with a...
  6. upnsmoke

Trac lock frictions

Hi all. I'm looking for individual clutch friction discs for my trac lock. I have it out right now and will be installing a carbon disc rebuild kit. I figured I would try stacking them using the alternating method, though, which requires one extra friction. Does anyone know where I can buy...
  7. upnsmoke

Trac lock frictions

Hi all. I'm looking for individual clutch friction discs for my trac lock. I have it out right now and will be installing a carbon disc rebuild kit. I figured I would try stacking them using the alternating method, though, which requires one extra friction. Does anyone know where I can buy...
  8. upnsmoke

Jp Tire Review

March 2012 Jp magazine has a section where they reviewed some off road/ at tires. I could care less about a Jeep, but it was at least a little educational for me, certainly worth paging through should you come across it on the news stand. :beer:
  9. upnsmoke

Loose gas pedal

Hi all. The fulcrum on my gas pedal is worn out and really loose. I can't seem to find any repair parts for it and I am thinking about replacing the whole pedal assembly with an aftermarket piece. I was looking at an all-star performance firewall mount pedal, part# ALL54107 at Summit. I was...
  10. upnsmoke

2.0 Pistons

Hi all. I have a 2.0 in my 88 with a little work in it- lunati cam, comp springs, mild port work, fresh valve job, and a cheap junk carb with a good tune up. Winds up over 6k pretty happily and makes decent power for what it is, however I have recently been exploring options for more power...
  11. upnsmoke

oil pan debris

hi all. i am rebuilding my 2.0 and found some strange pieces of metal in the oil pan. not sure, but i believe previous owner had one hydraulic lifter go bad. i pulled the valve cover and found one new lifter and one new rocker with few miles on them, and the original exhaust valve under the...
  12. upnsmoke

stock bottom end

Hi. In trying to make my 2.0 run right I have come across several issues, wiped cam, bad lifters, etc, that lead me into a full on rebuild. While apart I ported the head and stock intake a little. I am going all aftermarket with the valvetrain, considering a lunati cam with 218/218 at .050...
  13. upnsmoke

front bump stops

hi all. i have an 88 2wd ranger. just put in a 4" lift with autofab bent beams. the thing runs out of up travel now before it hits the bump stops. i need to move them down 2-3". figured someone else likely had a similar issue and may have a solution. worse case ill make a bracket or block and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad