• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Transfer case rebuilt, sealed, installed. Fuel feed lines and filter installed. Seats being assembled w/ custom (-mom- sewn) Faux- Leather & Demim covers and heated panels.
  2. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

brake lines, D-Block, Bled & Brakes are DONE!
  3. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Current status- just a little crampled..... Plumbing and front brakes today!
  4. Found! Needed: Eastern PA/Southern Tier NY/ NCentral NJ: PAIR of '88 10" Drum Parking Brake Levers

Found them in a salvage yard in Slatington, PA! Thanks everybody!!
  5. Low pressure pump questions?

Hello all! Looking for a fuel pressure output (in psi) from just the 85-88 In tank low pressure pump? In our 88 STX we've replaced the dead & missing 2.9FI w/ a Buick carbed turbo 3.8 and are still using the in tank pump. Trying to figure what the output pressure of the low pressure pump will be...
  6. Found! Needed: Eastern PA/Southern Tier NY/ NCentral NJ: PAIR of '88 10" Drum Parking Brake Levers

we've got those. Looking for this part used (on a budget)- still need to buy exhaust and radiator/alternator: https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-parking-brake-lever-eotz2a638a
  7. Found! Needed: Eastern PA/Southern Tier NY/ NCentral NJ: PAIR of '88 10" Drum Parking Brake Levers

Which part is the "strut" you're referring to? Never heard it called that....The pin that goes thru and gets the clip on the top? I Can find those online.
  8. Found! Needed: Eastern PA/Southern Tier NY/ NCentral NJ: PAIR of '88 10" Drum Parking Brake Levers

My son needs a pair of the parking brake levers that attach to the parking brake cables and rear shoes for his 10" rear drum 88 Ford Ranger STX build (88 STX 4x4 w/ a Buick 3.8Turbo Progress build in this forum). Apparently they're missing in what was left from the disassembly and scrap process...
  9. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

More progress toward a March '24 deadline goal when my Dakota runs out of inspection: Pictures below Interior & Engine assembly moving along. Carpet just laid out to 'relax' from the shipping box= not fitted yet. We have to locate the shifter and 4wd selector lever locations to start. Seat...
  10. Electric speedo/odo options for an 88 STX?

Tag says NP231C- I'm thinking its from a K1500 not a 2500. W/ 6 Planetary gears it is definitely a stout unit, not like the 3 gear 231J. Replacing the chain and one bearing that has a tiny bit of play- everything else seems 100%. Thanks for the video link!
  11. Electric speedo/odo options for an 88 STX?

My son has what he believes is a 1997 or 1999 Chevy NV3500 MG5 wide-ratio Trans and NP231C transfer case (6 gear planetary) that came out of a fire co. Brush truck (we believe it was a K2500). He's putting it into his 88 STX 4x4 roller with a factory mechanical speedo/Odo. (It is going into an...
  12. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Howdy,m Danny74! I grew up in Montrose, but live in Stroudsburg, PA. Our son is at Ithaca College now.
  13. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

He has wheels- my peg-leg 94 Dakota Club Cab Sport- but it isn't a Finger Lakes Friendly winter truck.
  14. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Just placed on the couch to take pics. The wife is currently upstairs sewing his seat covers using Eddie Bauer seats as the basis. (Has no idea the AC tubes went thru the dishwasher last week.) He has interior parts on the dining room table, kitchen table & living room floor. I have wiring...
  15. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Dash and interior coming together (After & Before pictures below)- Synthetic Leather & Black Denim wrapped, false carbon fiber vinyl over the silver, chrome & red deleted. Panels wrapped and pictures coming. Just a few more parts to gather for the motor and it will be ready to reassemble and...
  16. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Merry New Year!! Updates: Painted. Basecoat color: Eastwood Charcoal Metallic w/ 50g extra fine silver flake added. Clearcoat added w/ 50g deep forest green pearl (2 coats). Forest green striping and graphics to be determined and added next summer . New weatherstrip for doors and rear wing...
  17. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Body's back on w/Prothane bushings & 1" body lift installed, Body primed but bed bondo & cab putty work not finished. Stubby 2 piece driveshaft installed. We hit a small challenge-the stock oil pan has some clearance issues as we had it mocked up, as it is a center sump and it locates directly...
  18. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Currently the chassis is almost completely reassembled- just waiting for front bearings and front axle hub seals to arrive. I am having one nagging issue: I've tried twice to get these 10"x2.5" brake shoes for the stock Ranger 7.5 rear: (ACDelco RIVETED rear 10" brake shoes (part # 17581R was...
  19. Project Progress: 88 StX 4x4 w/ Buick 3.8Turbo powerplant swap

Progress Update- mock-up w/o a few missing components: 2002 Sport Trac rear leaf springs installed (2" lift approx.) Scraped, undercoated, prepped. NV3500 Chevy Trans & empty tcase w/ bare 3.8 block mocked up. Shifter is looking nearly perfect on floorpan

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad