• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mtipton

2.9 starting issue

Couldn’t tell ya. This thing hasn’t moved more than 200ft under its own power in 5 years lol
  2. mtipton

2.9 starting issue

Just a follow up. Problem has been resolved. No more losing pressure overnight. I changed out all injectors and the fpr. Did them both at the same time so I can’t verify which part was actually to blame.
  3. mtipton

2.9 starting issue

Do you happen to know which seller you bought from?
  4. mtipton

2.9 starting issue

Could very well be the fpr. I’ll definitely be taking a look at it. Anyone have any experience with injectors from rock auto or the reman ones from eBay?
  5. mtipton

2.9 starting issue

So I believe fuel pressure is now confirmed the problem. Cycled the key to let the pump run a few times and it didn’t die and stayed running. Paying more attention to it now, it sounds like it has a small miss. Also faint sound of popping. The truck sat for years without running and I’m...
  6. mtipton

2.9 starting issue

I’ve got a 92 ranger and it’s been a bit of a mild restoration project. I’m having an issue on startup where it will start but almost immediately die. But if I go and start it again it will stay running. I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel lines from tank to engine. Also...
  7. mtipton

2.9 RPM

Is there a way on these 2.9’s to check and verify the actual RPM? My tach is reading atleast 5-600 too high
  8. mtipton

Ashtray light

Yeah, the light works. I don’t think the truck had a light originally. But it’s there now and I may as well make it work. I have it currently unplugged for the exact reason causing battery drain.
  9. mtipton

Ashtray light

Awesome thanks. That makes perfect sense. Only problem is I only have 2 wires. The blue with white and black. It looks like someone wired it directly to power. I think I’m just going to wire it to the climate control backlight and call it good
  10. mtipton

Ashtray light

What turns off the ashtray light? It’s wired directly to the cigarette plug. I don’t see a switch that would trigger the light when the ashtray opens. Or maybe I’m missing that?
  11. mtipton

Some odd electrical problems

Thanks guys. Took a bit of luck and a multi-meter, but it’s done now. I’ve been surprised on the things ford changed between the 91 and 92 years
  12. mtipton

Okay, so I fixed the problem. And now everything is working perfectly. Bit of a backstory. I originally had a 92 reg cab that got wrecked. Ended up buying a 91 ext cab and swapped my entire drivetrain and suspension to that truck. I guess somewhere along the line ford made a change in the...
  13. mtipton

I guess I’ll be pulling the dash again to take a better look. I know for a fact that the only grounds on the dash harness are on the passenger side.
  14. mtipton

So I did find one under some sound proofing on the driver kick panel. Cleaned it, but didn’t change anything. I’ve tried 2 different dash’s with the same problem. My guess is it has to be in the engine bay somewhere
  15. mtipton

Checked everywhere on the left side. No grounds anywhere. Even checked a spare dash I have in my garage from a 91.
  16. mtipton

Sorry, not sure if you mean the instrument cluster?
  17. mtipton

Thanks guys, I suspected a bad ground myself that’s why I put new cables/ends on them. Went out today and checked every ground I could find. All are clean and the metal sanded down before installing. The blower motor turns on now, but veeery slowly. Maybe I’m missing one somewhere. I count 2 on...
  18. mtipton

So, a bit of a backstory. The truck was taken completely apart and had been sitting for about 3 years. I’ve got it all back together now and am having a few electrical issues. Blower motor doesn’t work I have no dash illumination lights. Although the dash lights do turn on and get brighter...
  19. mtipton

Another “What is this plug for?”

Awesome, thanks for the help!
  20. mtipton

Another “What is this plug for?”

Mine is a 92.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad