• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 90rangersuper

cel goes out when clutch pedal is pushed, also stalls and dies.

I have a 90 ranger 4.0 supercab 5 speed. Recent new clutch. Truck started running rough and would stall and die when comming to a stop or cornering hard. Doesn't do it all the time. Starts rough now and idle is high at first. When you shift also the rpms don't drop right away. I just put new...
  2. 90rangersuper

i think its the tranny????

hey guy, 90 ranger supercab 4.0 m5od tranny 4x4 when i am driving down the road it will start to sputter like its running out of gas, gets real jerky then it will smooth itself out once its warmed and only do it occasionally, always does it when you need more going up a hill. on another note...
  3. 90rangersuper

bleeding problem

Hi all its been a while, trucks running good so no need to post, now i had a leak with the rear brakes, replaced the lines and both wheel cyclenders and when i go to bleed them i can have the bleeders cracked wide open and i still have a firm pedal and very little comes out of the bleeders, any...
  4. 90rangersuper

battery drain

alright, im at wits end trying to figure this one out... battery will be drained to the point of no start after 2 hours... tried 3 different batterys and the same effect... the only thing that stops the drain is unhooking the alternater... the plug that goes to the solidnoid and she will...
  5. 90rangersuper

97 f150 brush guard

Alright, my dad left me his pickup when he passed away, its a 97 f150 regular cab long box with the 4.6 4x4, want to get a brush guard for it, found this one here http://www.jcwhitney.com/GO-INDUSTRIES-RANCHER-GRILLE-GUARDS/GP_2009504_N_111+200005338+600006566_10614.jcw looks awsome, but...
  6. 90rangersuper

Just dies

Alright, i cant figure this one out to save me, it happens about twice a week, i will be driving and i push in the clutch to downshift and she will just die, it will restart just fine, no additional code, i just have the one i always have and that is secondary fuel pump circuit failure, this...
  7. 90rangersuper

volt meter drops at idle

I think i know this is a bad alternator just wanna check, when i have the lights on, come to a stop all the lights dim and the volt gauge drops to about 12, idle is at 700 rpm, as soon as i apply gas it perks back up to about 15 volts, i think my alternater is going, i have had the truck for 2...
  8. 90rangersuper

U-Joints

i went to go pick up some u-joints for my truck, the front axel, the middle one on the dana 35 is out, they asked me what size i needed, they gave me the choices 1.188 and 1.063 and i have no clue, wondering if you guys knew what the right one was, its a 90 ranger supercab, 4.0 m5od 1354 and a...
  9. 90rangersuper

auto to manual tranny, wires needing to be splice for 4x4

Aright, i think its about time i get my 4x4 working, i switched to a manual tranny in the spring, spliced some wires together to get the truck to start, i have 3 wires left over, what ones need to me spliced together to make my electronic transfer case to work, haynes manual was worthless on...
  10. 90rangersuper

Code 543

I got the truck running again, driving to pick my kids up and the CEL comes on, truck runs fine, shut it off load the kids up and bam, no start, i fart with it for about 20 minutes and try again, no go, let it sit for 10 more minutes and it starts, i think it would not start because it was...
  11. 90rangersuper

Truck wont start,

Aright here i go again, truck quit running on my one day, no humm from the fuel pump, checked the inertia switch, not tripped so i replace the fuel pump, before i bolt the straps on i wanted to check to make sure its working, go turn the key to on to hear the humm, no humm, she still wont start...
  12. 90rangersuper

fuel pump headache

Hey there, fuel pump went out on my ranger, got the pump, straps broke, advance auto f'd up and only ordered me one strap not both, dumba$$'s. neway i cant get the collor to move on the top to remove the fuel pump housing, rusted just about solid, the tabs to hit and just about gone from trying...
  13. 90rangersuper

Mostly Old Parts And Rust

As from the title it says MOPAR, i have a 98 caravan, what a POS that is, the thing has 106k on it and its falling apart, last week the wife blew a brake line, replaced both rear lines, thats shit parts, my rangers lines are great and its 8 years older, not the starter went out on the van and it...
  14. 90rangersuper

98 grand caravan brake line help

Hey guys, its been a while, got a new job and the ranger is running like a god damn new truck. Its the wife's POS dodge van that is causing the headache. On her way home from work today she blew a brake line, now it is sitting at her fathers house where i have to fix it tomorrow. I am wondering...
  15. 90rangersuper

I finally found one

Went to the yard today just to look around, found a 90 ranger with the 1354 manual t-case complete with linkage, got that for 125 and picked up a set of warn manual lockout's with conversion spindle nuts for 20 bucks :yahoo:, they are pulling the t-case tonight, pick it up tomorrow, the truck...
  16. 90rangersuper

1350 1354 difference

how can i tell the difference between a 1350 and 1354 t-case, going to the yard this weekend, looking for a manual 1354 t-case, need to know how to tell them apart
  17. 90rangersuper

lockrite locker or the extream traction system

looking at locking the 8.8 in the rear checking out powertrax website. They offer 2 choice of either the lockrite locker or The POWERTRAX TRACTION SYSTEM. the truck is my dd to work, would the lockrite be alright to install, i would say i am on road 70% and off road 30%, i hate getting stuck...
  18. 90rangersuper

what gears do i have?

I have no clue what gears i have, looked on the tag on drivers door, by axle the number under that says 85, it is a 90 ranger with the d35 ttb up front and the 8.8 in the back, if you need more info just let me know, i will find out, should be stock gears, it was a old lady who owned the truck...
  19. 90rangersuper

fender trimming for bigger tires

I think i got this one in the right place, stock 90 ranger 4x4 with the 4.0, picking up a set of 31/10.5/15 tires this weekend, the truck has no lift in it. How much of the front fender would have to be cut. It has 235/75/15 on it now.
  20. 90rangersuper

Why is there no fluid?

Just got a question, on the a4ld, where the output shaft joins the t-case, in the void in there, there was ATF fluid in there on the automatic but on the m5od there is no fluid in there, wondering why this is different or is something not right thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad