• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Not an emergency but is time sensitive......

Have the chance to pick up a set of 16" 96' stang gt rims. Will they fit my 93 2wd 2.3L ranger with no mods or spacing ? I did check the tech wheel chart section but no mention of these in particular though. old listing but he still has them suposedly...
  2. Need some advice for my DIY paint job....

I had planned on purchasing this turbine paint system from Harbor Freight http://www.harborfreight.com/hvlp-turbine-spray-system-66297.html ( click on the link at HF's site and download the PDF manual. you get a MUCH better idea of uses for it then the lame description on their site.) I wanted...
  3. M5R1 rebuild thread.. this should be in the tech library for sure...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248249 I'll copy and paste every thing and host the images in my photo bucket account if needed ?
  4. Rear stabilizer bar......

Was it an option only or only for 4x4 or what ? I was under my truck today and to my surprise I didn't see one :-0
  5. Front leaf spring hanger help....

Ok so the drivers side..... What a pain in the ass huh ? Do I drop the tank or take the bed off ? The rear cab mounts are already done, the rear hangers and shackles are already done as well.
  6. Loss of power and while defrost is on....

1993 Ranger 2.3L 5 speed 151,000 miles. Can't seem to figure this out. While the defrost is on and operating I here a click under the hood that sounds like the AC compressor clutch engaging and the truck experiences power loss while during these periods. It does this while the defrost or while...
  7. Stinking a$$ Buick !!!

Stinking a$$ Buick !!! UPDATE : The monster in laws 97' Buick Lesabre has the exact problem I told her it was $$ of parts ago they threw at it to fix it, and two mechanics who she paid to "fix it" because she thinks I know nothing. The damn lower intake manifold gasket is weeping antifreeze...
  8. Cab to bed alignment after cab bracket and body bushing install..

So.... I installed new rear cab to frame brackets and poly bushings all the way around. Now I cant get the damn cab evenly spaced on either side with the bed. The gap between the bed and the cab is around 3/4" on the pass. side and 1 1/2 - 1 1/4 on the drivers side. Try as I might I can not...
  9. Massive weekend working on the truck....

Well for me any way.... Installed new cab brackets ( rears ), New body bushings, new rotors, bearings, pads, repaired the leaky shift rail plugs, new transmission mount, new front shocks, new rear brakes shoes, new shifter bushing kit. Next weekend comes the new front spring hangers, eye...
  10. Found a cheap source for M5OD-R1 shifter bushing kits...

http://www.thegearbox.org/M5R1M5R2.html
  11. swapping rear end

Cool. Hes asking about a Ford 9" rear end though. ;)
  12. swapping rear end

It is labor intensive. You will see no gains at all if its paired with a 4 cylinder or v6. If you do a V8 swap you could rely on its strength.
  13. Body bushing bolt questions.....

What diameter and what length are those little suckers? I will be installing new rear cab brackets, and new bushings ( all12 ) Here soon and I am certain I will need to replace at least two of them.
  14. Merry Christmas every one !!!

Merry Christmas fellas !!!
  15. Instrument panel removal....

I have a 93 2wd 5spd 2.3L. I bought it with an after market tach already installed and I think its wiring is causing problems. At 1st the instrument panels lights would come on and off when the lights were on ( well one side of the cluster any how ). As I played with the tach wires I noticed...
  16. axle pivot bushings...

1 per side or two ? Need to know how many to order.
  17. It still persists.... need advice...

So I replaced the radius arm bushings thinking it would solve my drivers side floor board knock. Nope. Just dampened it a bit. What else will cause this ? I can feel it and hear it in the floor board. My cab brackets are rusted and the bushings have fallen through but there still seemed to be...
  18. Hey Guys, Any tips or advice??

Brush guard, nerf bars and a big ghey wing on the rear end. :P
  19. 2.5l revving when clutch pressed

Fuel filter could do it, air filter could do it, pcv ( maybe ), vacuum leak....
  20. Did the chrome polish on yellow lenses trick last night...

and OMG MAN !!! Made them look like brand new ! I let the paste dry real good before buffing it back off and repeated about 4 times. Now they look like brand new clear lenses and I am getting bright'ed from other drivers thinking I have my bright lights on LOL !

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad