• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Engine Bucking Under Load, SOLVED

1999 Ranger 4.0 OHV. 286,000 miles. Original engine, only did lower intake gaskets, and replaced every sensor once or twice throughout its life. This one drove me nuts. I knew I had failing O2 sensors, which I originally did at about 140,000 miles. About 5 months ago the engine was bucking...
  2. Been awhile... yeah, i still have my ranger

1999 4.0 pushrod XLT 281,000 miles Black with rust. Holes in body big enough to reach your arm through. Motor still runs good. The biggest work I did to the engine was the lower head gaskets. That was around 160k. Other than that, I have done a couple transmissions, all the ball joints...
  3. Made it!! FORD or BUST! 250k!

My headgasket sprung a small leak about 10,000 miles ago. body full of rust. i don't think it will see 300k but really that depends if i want to fix the headgasket.... i bought this truck 10 years ago at 127k miles. i cant believe i kept it this long. still runs like a top!!
  4. Bucking under load - driving me insane

1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0L 4x4 Extended Cab Problem? Truck hesitates under load. Miss fires under load/low rpm. sometimes, especially when cold i have to hold the pedal to the floor while it bucks and misses just to get it up to 50mph. after the engine fully warms up it usually stops...
  5. 1999 Ranger, Looking for stock ride!

The guy who had my truck originally was short, so he wanted a tall truck:icon_confused: I have put 100k miles on it like this, with 2" of lift. The drivers side torsion bar is almost gone, its nearly fully cranked and its still hitting bumps weird on that side, and you can hear it flopping on...
  6. 5r55e rebuilt tranny and its almost right but not quite

5r55e rebuilt tranny and its almost right but not quite *Update! Info! FIXED! talked to the shop that sold me the tranny. they said to try swapping out the sensors on the outside of the tranny, because different years had different ohms across the terminals. swapped sensors, and checked...
  7. found on road dead!

found on road dead! Update*! Update: Rebuilt tranny, used tcase and driveshaft installed. working pretty well. had trouble with 1st gear holding too long, then it would go to 2nd and immediately 3rd. weird because it should skip 2nd unless i stand on the throttle. which made me think...
  8. 1999 230K 4L 4x Rear metallic clicking or bang noise during acceleration or takeoff.

Dead stop. Hit gas moderately to hard, BANG BANG BANG like metal bolts are snapping clean off. It doesn't sound good. If i baby it off the stop it doesnt make any noise. At no point does anything appear to be physically wrong. I can feel the clicking in general, but its not like its in the...
  9. Two Hundred and Twenty Three Miles Later....

i have to brag about this. i bought my 99 4.0 4x4 ext cab ranger when it was 4 years old for $7500. it had 125k on it. fast forward to now, and the body/motor has 223k miles. i did replace the tranny at 180k but why brag? no trouble codes. zero! i had a check engine light with the bank...
  10. Remove and Replace Power Steering Rack 1999 Ranger XLT

Anything i should know before i do it? Ive done r&r's on ford taurus's and other cars, so i know the basics. and from what i can tell, my ranger should be really easy.. just wondering if there is anything specific i should know about my ranger that will help me when i go to do it? in case...
  11. quick easy loose steering question

99 ranger, 4x4, xlt ext cab its rack and pinion steering of course, and whats loose is the arm/joint that connects the steering column to the steering rack. if i open the hood and grab this arm with my hand, i can wiggle it around easily. the rubber boot has been long torn away, so its...
  12. power steering play when hot?

when it gets hot outside, and i drive the truck enough (get it hot too) i get this play in the steering that i cannot pinpoint. i think its in the rack itself. it makes a small knocking sound in the steering wheel, i can feel it more then hear it... just enough to notice it well enough for it...
  13. ranger exhaust from cat back

it fell off again! the factory exhaust lasted about 7 years, and the replacement held in there for less then 2. i know the factory is a stainless steel type, and my replacement is just rust-loving tin, but i would think $240 worth of parts would last longer then 18 months? what do you...
  14. Transfer case code P1832, no apparent problems though

i just finally got extended access to my truck's computers with palmer performance's ScanXL with Ford addon package. my truck has 191k miles on it, and i was recently able to get the engine light to stay off, and with scanxl i was able to get the ABS light to stay off (rear differential speed...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad