• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. gwaii

Fishing.

it's ok if you puke over the side of the boat-it attracts fish:icon_thumby:
  2. gwaii

Fishing.

i'm bound by the sport-fish rules(unless i take the wife with me-she's haida and fisheries won't touch you if there's a native in the boat)which has raised a big problem on the hali front this year. chinook i'm allowed 30 per season,but hali has gone from one a day with no size limit to...
  3. gwaii

Fishing.

them's some nice little fishies:D looking forward to a good season here-it's still a bit spotty out there,but there's chinook and hali if you look for them.
  4. gwaii

D44HD TTB...stuffed under BII?

no problem...there's some info here too-http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91231 but i didn't go into the detail nathan did.
  5. gwaii

D44HD TTB...stuffed under BII?

read this..... http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105277
  6. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

yup. went out and did a bit of fishin with a buddy yesterday afternoon...we didn't catch anything but it was good to get out on the water for a couple of hours.i tried the 23p props on it,but ended up losing speed-the engines wouldn't come up to full revs. i'm going to try it again alone and...
  7. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

oh,just things like 'that looks like a good way to kill yourself' to which i replied 'i can think of better ways'. and those who just don't understand why i would want to go that fast. i tell them i have my reasons.....
  8. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

pretty much have to for 3 too.....even two suck it dry pretty fast if they're both wound out.
  9. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

sounds like he's a real goal oriented -person.we all have our things we do,and i'm sure the wife is with you because she appreciates your ways:icon_thumby: i love it here....the dog is a great fishing buddy and best friend,but she has a tendency to destroy stuff if left alone.i never know...
  10. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

it pulls a bit,but it's manageable.general running around i just use one engine and it doesn't pull at all then.still good for 45mph dragging a dead prop through the water,though. it gets a little more hazardous as the speed goes up,but like anything else it's a matter of making sure the...
  11. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

oh,i got some comments. wait till i bolt the third one on....i'm getting the parts together now.
  12. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

there have been several people who's boats were destroyed by hitting swells while trying to set speed records,like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrs32Jcdpoo i know from witness reports that at 60mph there's only a couple inches of hull in the water with my boat,at 100mph it may well...
  13. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

no,not till closer to spring.i'll only be running three engines for a short time-my ultimate goal is to break 100mph,but i have to work to that in stages as it gets very dangerous as the speed goes up that high. a small swell can rip the bottom of the boat out or a pocket of air can get under...
  14. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

if it's about the 600hp grady.....then yup,if i survive the test run this is where i'll post it:icon_cheers:
  15. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

still a ways to spring,but i'm working on the equipment. when i bought this boat it had a 302/mercruiser drive.the 302 had been siezed from water getting into the oil(i didn't bother finding out why)and the leg was grindy,so it all came out and hauled to the dump. i tossed together an...
  16. gwaii

shaker

got to go for a ride last night...without even leaving the house! sat through a 7.7 quake,shook the house pretty good and felt like it wouldn't end(went on for close to a minute)but no one and nothing was hurt.we did have to evacuate the town for a tsunami alert,but nothing came of that....it...
  17. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

well,anytime you can get to this end of the world(or 'edge of the world' as we call it here)you're always welcome. as for the kids,they don't seem to be too into it.the covered boat may make a difference,we'll find out next spring i guess.
  18. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

well,if you can wait till june or so...i'm pretty easy to find.and i've got extra fishing gear:icon_cheers:
  19. gwaii

Fishing.

halibut's nice. i like a bit of salmon sometimes too.
  20. gwaii

fishing haida gwaii

oh,by the way,i bought another boat...a 21' campion cabin boat. it'll be my rainy day boat,the grady is still the better fishing boat for fair weather.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad