• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RavoHimself

03 compressor issue

I just started having issues with my AC taking forever to kick on. Recharged it thinking it might be low on fluid but that didn't help. Sometimes it takes minutes before the compressor engages. Once it's on it blows very cold and I can also shut it off and turn it back on while I'm driving. As...
  2. RavoHimself

P1120 tps out of range low

So 2 nights ago my truck started idling at like 1400 and hangs/jumps to like 2k-2500 between shifts. Got the code so I put in a new bwd tps. Still the same issue. So I replaced the IAC too and that didn't work either. I haven't checked the voltage on the tps yet but I know it's supposed to be...
  3. RavoHimself

Single stage or 2 stage

I got a new bed for my truck being that the crossmembers and floor rusted out. Big shocker I know. It's the toreador red metallic and still in pretty good shape. My biggest concern is painting the bed to match and having it look way too new or more glossy than the rest of the truck. I'm going to...
  4. RavoHimself

Bleach smell coming from engine bay?

2 days ago after warming my truck up I started noticing a bleach like smell coming out of the engine area. I noticed it got sucked into the cab a little while warming up the truck. Checked my coolant and I was a little low but it's definitely not the typical coolant smell I know if it's that...
  5. RavoHimself

Awful mystery squeal

So a few weeks ago my truck started making a quiet squeal when i turned left. It has been progessively getting worse. I noticed my right rear wheel bearing had a lot of play so I pulled the rear end and the right shaft was all messed up. Installed two new bearings and a new passenger shaft but I...
  6. RavoHimself

B1095 abs code

Anybody have any experience with this code? Can't seem to find much about about it. What I did find either said faulty wheel speed sensor or the hydraulic abs pump. Either way my abs light is on, brakes work great just no abs
  7. RavoHimself

bed swap

my 03 bed is starting to rot out. refresh my memory. any short bed from 93 and up should bolt right up correct?
  8. RavoHimself

Steering wheel chatter

Just replaced my front right bearing hub assembly. After I put everything back together the steering wheel chatters when you straighten it out after a turn. Any ideas?
  9. RavoHimself

abs light

just had to replace one of my bearing hub assemblys on my 03. put everything back together and the abs light was on. firs thing i checked was the abs sensor. sure enough it must have cracked when i removed it from the old hub because it was exploded. so i put i a new sensor, started it, no...
  10. RavoHimself

03 fog lights

so i bought my 03 and it didnt come with fog lights. so i just went ahead and ordered a whole new bumper,valence,brackets and lights. my bumper was starting to rust through the chrome anyway so win win. while i was looking for switched power behind my dash when i installed my boost gauge i...
  11. RavoHimself

overactive abs

so i've been having the issue since i bought the truck last year. the typical abs kicks on when coming to a stop. especially if the wheels are turned. but, i noticed last winter if you lock them up the pedal doesnt keep working. you feel the abs kick in and then the pedal is just hard and you...
  12. RavoHimself

wire colors?

hey guys. installing a boost guage in my 03. i knew pretty much every wire color and where to find in in my 93 but then new truck is a completely different animal. basically i need keyed power, a ground, and the wire that works with the dimmer switch for the light in the gauge. ground i can...
  13. RavoHimself

a pillar single gauge pod?

does anyone have a single gauge pod on their newer ranger? i can find double and tripples no problem but i can't seem to find a single for my 03
  14. RavoHimself

torsion twist and soft bars?

So I recently put new keys in my truck to lift it about 1.75". It doesn't ride terrible but I would like it better. My truck has the medium bars and the keys are backed pretty much all the way off even with the lift. Anyone switch to the soft bars with a 4.0L? How do you like the ride. I figure...
  15. RavoHimself

Ravo's repeat

After i blew my last rangers motor i couldnt just walk away. (old truck) i had to stay in the family. so i picked myself up an 03 Ranger 4x4 4.0L with a 5 speed. 104k on the motor and really clean. talked them down to 7250 after doing some serious nitpicking on it. exactly the same as my old...
  16. RavoHimself

new torsion keys

so i bought myself a 2" lift kit. used our 2 jaw puller to get the factory keys off. put the new keys on but the puller isnt strong enough to put them back into place without bending..... is there another way to put the keys in place without buying that $100 puller? or should i really say just...
  17. RavoHimself

Which LS to buy?

hey everybody. so i bought a 03 ranger a few months ago to replace my baby. 210K i figured it was time to get something a little more new. anyway. this truck came with an open dif which i hate. its killing me always having a tire brake loose when i dont need it to. i really like the idea of the...
  18. RavoHimself

03 No heat?

alright. so i bought an 03 and the het worked great when i got it. maybe a week ago the heat stopped. if you turn the selector from cold to hot you feel a marginal temp change. but not really. checked the hoses to and from the heater core and they are both hot. pulled the BDA and it rotates i...
  19. RavoHimself

intermitant skip

last winter i blew a head gasket on my motor. 200k on it. put it all back together and it had this skip. a few months before it blew i had put reman heads on and all new rockers. checked the heads and they looked good. valves moved. it started off as only when the motor was cold and then it...
  20. RavoHimself

blown head gasket new issue

blew a head gasket the other day. so much smoke i couldnt see through it. tore it down to the block in 2.5 hours. rebuilt with all new gaskets in another 4. now when i first start it up (most of the time) it has an awful skip. i figured it was a bad plug from trying to burn coolant but after...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad