• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rochhound

oxygen sensor plug

im replacing my oxy sensor,the plug that goes up to the engine is damaged i cant seem to find a replacement anyone know where i can find a relacement thanks steve
  2. rochhound

1988 ford b2 4.0 conversion 2 questions?

thanks guys so the sensor in the diferential is for abs,and the sensor on the speedometer is for cruise control trying to reconnect the cruise control this thing is now ticket getter! thanks again
  3. rochhound

1988 ford b2 4.0 conversion 2 questions?

i got rid of my 2.9 eng put in a 4.0 explorer motor ,kept my 88 alrd trans (was rebuilt) wiring was challenging,every thing else went well love the extra power! wiring 1 theres a sensor in the rear end with a blue and green wire what does this sensor control? 2 theres a sensor on the...
  4. rochhound

2.9 to 4.0 conversion alrd trans

ive installed my 91 exp 4.0 used my 88 al4d was just rebuilt. i tested it today and no overdrive ,can some direct me to a trouble shooting or wiring diagram. ive connected all the trans wiring from the 91 exp all the plugs but the schematics i have doesnt show enough? any appreciated steve
  5. rochhound

4.0 swap and trans

i have a 1988 bronco II 2.9,im putting in a 1991 4.0 my question is about trans missions. my 88 bronco II has a fresh automatic trans rebuild in it. Can it be used with the 4.0? the doner explorer trans doesnt lock up in high gear not sure why. any help appreiated steve
  6. rochhound

1988 bronco II fault code 64

i have a 1988 ford bronco II 2.9 i have engine code 64 (air intake temperature signal low) when its cold idle is very low after warming up code goes away and idles ok my question is what componet or part is causing the problem? thanks steve
  7. rochhound

ford 2.9 plugs

im getting ready to tune my 2.9 up want to buy the best plugs for this? your opinion thanks steve
  8. rochhound

temp guage

picked up a 88 b2 cracked head,replaced with 89 heads runs great. my problem is the temp guage go's to hot when the motor is just barely warm. i changed the sensor but still gives hot temp at guage? could the guage in dash be bad?
  9. rochhound

94 explorer schematic

any one have a copy of a schematic for a 94 explorer i have installed a 94 and im having problems with codes 56 66 mass air need to trace wiring. thanks steve
  10. rochhound

computer code definitions

my 88b2 has a 4.0 motor in it i installed a couple of years ago. i read my computer and i have quite a few code errors. ive looked them up but dont understand what they mean,im looking for more info on what they mean and what part is involved. the codes are #27,29.32,56,66,93. for instance code...
  11. rochhound

which front shock bronco II dana 35

i have a 1988 bronco II with dana 35 front end with jeep limited slip ,0 lift love it! my question is what year front shock should i use 1988 or 1994 when i shop there different, im guessin at 1990 to 94 thats the years for the dana 35. your opinion appreciated. thanks steve
  12. rochhound

ring @ pinion 8.8

i have a 1993 explorer 8.8 rear end for my broncoII i want to change the ring@pinion to 4.10 ratio.will a 1998 explorer 8.8 ring and pinion fit in a 1993 rear end looking at one on ebay. thanks steve
  13. rochhound

1988 bronco II with 4.0 motor mount

my bronco II has a 4.0 i put in a while back . im having a problem with the fan hitting the shroud and breaking the fan blades when im putting high torgue like a steep hill 4 wheeling. im using the 4.0 shroud and radiator. i used the stock 2.9 motor mounts! i obviously need to change these...
  14. rochhound

filter or?

i have 86 b2 and i cant figure what this is or does ,when i took it apart it looks like it should have a filter in it.the reason im asking is i drove it on a 300 mile trip ran great, but on the way home it started acting like it was running out of gas. as long as i kept it below 6o mph it...
  15. rochhound

84 bronco 2.8 c5 automatic

will a 84 bronco II c5 from a 2.8 bolt to a 2.9 0r 4.0 i have one and ive heard there a lot stronger than a4ld's your opinion would be appreciated. thanks
  16. rochhound

dana 35 axle

i have a dana 35 in my bronco II with jeep limited slip with 4:10 ratio,ive decided to put a 8.8" rear end out of a 93 explorer ratio 3:73 ,i also bought a front punkin dana 35 with 3:73.trans is md5r. i want the higher gear hoping to get better mileage have plenty of power and dont do...
  17. rochhound

88 bronco limited slip diff

i have 88 bronco II with 7.5 limited slip differential i need to replace the clutch packs in differential! can someone direct to the best place to buy. also what gear oil is best? thanks
  18. rochhound

radius arm bushing replacement

i have a 1991 explorer the radius arm bushings are toast,when i hit the brakes the front end pops, ive looked through my books to find out the easiest way to replace looks the easiest is removing the crossover there held in. any ideas would be appreciated thanks
  19. rochhound

bronco II carpet and tire cover

getting ready to replace carpet ,and also tire cover wheres the best place to to buy. also thinking about vinyl rather than carpet any opinions would be appreciated so many sites dont want to get ripped of. thanks steve
  20. rochhound

m5od transmission hyd line

i bought a m50d 5 speed trans im replacing my al4d for manual i cant figure how to disconnect the hyd slave line at trans ive taken the white plastic sleeve of but cant get it to release. i dont like to force things and possibly break it any help would be appreciated thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad