• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ruffinit

2003 Duratec 5 speed

I was told earlier that the 5 speed tranny in my Ranger wasn't an M5od-R1. I'd backed off on my engine swap because of that. Can someone confirm what the tranny is? Secondly I have a donor 2000 Mountaineer with the 4.0 SOHC that I want to put in it. I don't see problems with this and the 5...
  2. Ruffinit

Ranger body to Mounty frame swap?

So... I'm going to start with Mountaineer and Explorer frames of like years being the same as a statement. I'm sure someone here has taken a body off of an Explorer/Mountaineer. I have a 2000 Merc and am now considering moving my Ranger cab / bed to this frame. I've figured out that the...
  3. Ruffinit

2003 Ranger 2.3L Duratec swap to 2000 4.0 SOHC

My 2003 Ranger's 2.3L DuraTec spun a rod bearing. I purchased a 2000 Merc Mountaineer with a 4.0L SOHC/Auto/AWD and am considering a full powertrain swap. Given that all components in the Merc are functional, what would be major problems to overcome? I'm thinking that the width of the...
  4. Ruffinit

2003 DuraTec 5 speed

I've been looking all over but have not been able to find out what 5 speed my 2003 2.3L DuraTec has connected to it. It's 2wd. I'm trying to figure out whether it will bolt up to a 2000 4.0L SOHC Mercury out of a Mountaineer 4x4. Secondly if it will bolt up is it a survivable coupling? The...
  5. Ruffinit

Frames: Ranger vs Explorer

Hey guys, Haven't been on for a while and got to thinking this morning about the difference in the actual frames between the Rangers and Explorers. Can anyone tell me if they are alike in say 2005? I know the Explorers went to IRS, but could you for instance bolt a Ranger SC body/bed directly...
  6. Ruffinit

What have you done to your Ranger today?

This seems to be a popular thread in other forums, so I couldn't believe there wasn't one here.. I've done the search; but if there's another we can delete this one. I'll start it out.. Put a new gauge cluster in to replace the one that someone tried to turn back and broke the odo and trip...
  7. Ruffinit

Instrument cluster - temp gauge

I'm back at home after taking off to work this morning and my temp gauge is registering between hot and red "check gage" hot. The truck seems to be fine, but wasn't taking any chances so I'm back at home. Yesterday I brought a trailer home and had no issues with temp, it was fine; running in...
  8. Ruffinit

4Hi/Lo flashing indicators

While I know that this is not an uncommon issue on the RBVs, here's the issue: Before it got cold I was having issues with the automatic hubs in that they wouldn't lock in when the xfr case indicated 4Hi or 4Lo. I got the hubs working fine and at the time wasn't having any issues with the...
  9. Ruffinit

Heater HOT no temp control

My 96 Ranger has had this issue since I've owned it. You can turn the heater/blower to Off and it turns off. No air, no heat. In any other position it will cook you out of the truck; doesn't matter that it's AC or any of the venting positions. No control whatsoever on the temperature; it's...
  10. Ruffinit

Anybody know a Ranger SC 4x4 weight?

Without going to the scales, can anyone tell me the weight of a 4x4 SC Ranger with stepside bed, 4.0L and 5 speed? Surely someone here has weighed their truck? The GVWR is 5140, but the GCWR isn't stamped on the door label though none of that means anything without the base truck weight.
  11. Ruffinit

2003 Ranger XLT

Here's my 2003 Ranger XLT. I've been after one of these for years and picked it up a while back. This is at the Colorado Nat'l Monument last year. 135,000 miles 2.3 Liter DuraTec 5 speed 4.10 30-32 mpg
  12. Ruffinit

1996 Splash 4x4

Here's my '96 Splash. It's taken a year to get it rebuilt and on the road, not a show truck by any means, but it's my winter and off-road truck. Just got the topper last week. 110,000 miles 4.0 Liter 5 speed 4x4 - 3.73
  13. Ruffinit

Cruise control and column from Exp to Ranger

This may be in the wrong place, but couldn't really find a good place for it.. I have a '94 Explorer Sport with the same drivetrain as my '96 Ranger. I want to move the cruise control from the Exp to the Ranger and it looks like it will need to have the steering column moved to do it as the...
  14. Ruffinit

Tire rack for Ranger

Has anyone found a swing out tire rack for a step side Ranger that would be similar in function to the BIIs?
  15. Ruffinit

ABS/Speed Sensor and axle swap rant

So.. I have a '94 Exp Sport and a '96 Ranger Splash. Both have the same gearing, mostly the same parts and are both 4x4 / 4.0 / 5 speeds. I bought the Ranger last spring for my winter truck and knew when I bought it that the front axle wasn't working; thought it was the hubs.. Anyway, no...
  16. Ruffinit

Explorer to Ranger rear axle

I have a '94 Exp Sport 4.0L and a '96 Ranger 4.0L. Both are 5 speed (not that it makes a difference) and 4x4 (same ratios). I'm pulling the front end from the Exp to put in the Ranger because the pinion took off and blew a hole in the diff on the Ranger. Given a choice, would you pull the...
  17. Ruffinit

Supercab interior cargo cover

I was interested in the retractable interior cargo cover like my BIIs had and recently in the junkyard I found couple 1st or 2nd gen Rangers with them installed AND in the right color. Question is; will they fit and operate properly in my '96 ranger? Secondly; how do they come out? Any...
  18. Ruffinit

2003 SWB Ranger 2x to 4x conversion

Tell me this; I have a '03 Ranger with the 2.3 dohc/5spd. What would it take or is it possible to drop one of the front drive axles (given the ratio is the same) from my '88, '89 BII or '94 Exp under it? All three of them are complete vehicles. I know that some of the 4x2 Rangers/BIIs don't...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad