• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. jlb0716

3.73 open swap to 4.56 ls

Alright guys, I am in search of some input on this topic. :icon_confused: Here is what I have: -01 2.5L 4x2 5sp -6" custom suspension lift :icon_welder: -3.73:1 Open diff -33x12.50 BFG AT K/Os I am thinking about finding a used 4.56 LS rear axle and swapping that in. I have lost...
  2. jlb0716

Check Engine light

I have a 2001 ford ranger 2.5L with numerous codes showing, i believe i fixed two of them by changing the O2 sensors and replacing the fuse for them. The other codes that I am seeing are P1409 and P1451. What can I do to fix these? Would it be easier to just replace the parts causing the error...
  3. jlb0716

Running Lean

i left the aftermarket intake tube in place, just made an adapter for the air filter and reinstalled the stock MAF adapter. after resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery. this fixed all my performance issues.
  4. jlb0716

Check engine, O2 sensor, and Air Intake

fixed the issue by modifying my air intake and reinstalling the stock maf adapter back in line, and disconnected the battery and reset the computer. I have not had any issues since, and had it inspected and it passed all the tests.
  5. jlb0716

Valve knock?

fixed this situation by making a modification to my intake and reincorporating the stock MAF adapter back in line with the system.
  6. jlb0716

Valve knock?

It just recently started making this noise.I've owned this truck since '03 and never had this issue...something isn't right...i know it isn't my driving.
  7. jlb0716

Valve knock?

Ok so when I'm accelerating at low rpms the motor has a very distinct knocking/rattling sound. I think it is valve knock but I'm not sure. Could it be due to the timing being off? What can I do to fix this noise. And could the lean condition in my engine be contributing to this?
  8. jlb0716

Running Lean

sounds like an upcoming project....shouldnt take more than a few hrs to reinstall stock intake tube and fabricate a mount for the aftermarket filter.
  9. jlb0716

yea I kept all the stock sensors and such, had adapters to retain the factory sensors. I have had a few people run OBDII code readers and it reports that the system is running lean at bank 1 which is the first O2 sensor out of the exhaust, the one prior to the cat.
  10. jlb0716

Running Lean

what about putting the stock intake tubing back in, but fabricating a mount for the after market filter since I already spent money on it
  11. jlb0716

Running Lean

I guess what I am looking for is to improve throttle response, more power, etc.. without having the issue of the truck running lean.
  12. jlb0716

Running Lean

so if I put the stock intake back on would ya'll recommend putting a K&N filter in versus using a paper filter?
  13. jlb0716

Running Lean

no responses....? guess im on my own on this one.
  14. jlb0716

about a year or so ago I fabricated a cold/ram air intake with parts I purchased at autozone. since then my check engine light has been on and its because the engine is running lean at terminal 1, which is the O2 sensor before the cat. has anyone else had this issue? Im trying to decide if i...
  15. jlb0716

Running Lean

about a year or so ago I fabricated a cold/ram air intake with parts I purchased at autozone. since then my check engine light has been on and its because the engine is running lean at terminal 1, which is the O2 sensor before the cat. has anyone else had this issue? Im trying to decide if i...
  16. jlb0716

Right Rear tire wearing very aggressively

I have an 01 4x2 Ranger XLT with 4" of lift. I am having an issue with the right rear tire wearing alot more than the rest of the tires. What could be causing this issue and what can I do to correct this problem.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad