• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. necessaryevil

86 ranger feels slugish after tranny change

A little back ground first. So my 86 ranger, 2.9l,2wd,ex cab,auto trans(a4ld) was having tranny problems(no reverse, or third). And after monthes of searching for the right tranny that was in any desent shape I got a a4ld for a 85 mustang w/2.3l and swaped out the bell housing, front pump, and...
  2. necessaryevil

need advice choosing vcm for a4ld swap

So I have a 86 ranger(2.9l w/ a4ld) with a bad trans. I picked up a used trans from a 94 ranger w/86,xxx miles in good shape minus the crack in the bell housing around the starter bosses, from work for $50. Now I know I have to change the vcm,so I grabed the '94 along with all the wires that run...
  3. necessaryevil

help after being stupid

so yesterday, i was being stupid, on a backwoods gravel road. i as doing clutch dumps at 5 grand and getting the truck sideways well i lost control. along side the road was a little dirt berm about two feet tall, i spun out and hit the perm side ways mostly with my right front tire. jumped over...
  4. necessaryevil

seat swap question

so as i was riding around in my buddys '96 eb explorer i realized that i really like his front bucket seats, and was wondering if they would bolt in to my '87 eb b2. i found a CLEAN set at the local junk yard for $125.00, i just dont want to spend the money if they wont bolt up. has anyone done...
  5. necessaryevil

mystery button in my eb b2

on my '87 eb b2 is the display panel in the center console, in the upper left hand corner of the panel is a little black button that sticks up about half an inch. my questions is, does anyone know what this button is suppose to do?:icon_confused:since ive gotten the truck i cant figure out what...
  6. necessaryevil

Gun rack

that is a sexy, sexy picture. and as long as they are unloaded its fine in oregon.
  7. necessaryevil

blower resistor

can anyone tell me where the resistor pack for a '87 eb b2 is?
  8. necessaryevil

tips for buying next truck

so im wanting to buy a late 80's full size bronco, what are the things to look for and stay away from?
  9. necessaryevil

looking for aftermarket parts for 2.9l

im looking for "H" beam rod and forged piston for a '87 2.9l any one know where i can find them?
  10. necessaryevil

tt 2.9l idea

ive been bouncing a few ideas around for the 2.9l and my gf brought up the idea of tt t3s, the only problem i could foresee is the engine management. other then internal engine what does everyone think of this?
  11. necessaryevil

tt 2.9l idea

ive been bouncing a few ideas around for the 2.9l and my gf brought up the idea of tt t3s, the only problem i could foresee is the engine management. other then internal engine what does everyone think of this?
  12. necessaryevil

roof poping

at about 45mph my roof on my b2 pops, when i slow down it pops back, is there any way to stop this?
  13. necessaryevil

help with alternator convertion

so in the quest for more power i am converting my internal regulated alternator(87 b2)to a external regulated alternator. so i went down to the junk yard and grabbed a alternator and the voltage regulator and on the voltage regulator there is four wires or/lt bl, wht/blk, yel, and lt gn/red. and...
  14. necessaryevil

Ecm help!!!

so yesterday i head out to get my sister and i noticed my '86 2.9l b2 running a little rough, so this morning i go out and pull the codes off of the computer and i got code #89,86,95. the only problem is that my truck is not an auto tranny!! so i pull the kick panel off and take down the...
  15. necessaryevil

Needing tip for lifting an '86-'87 bII

ok so i ordered a 4" lift kit from skyjacker and getting ready to install it in the next few weeks, i know the rear drive shaft needs changed out and im wonder if ford made anything that would bolt up in there, im also wondering if the front or rear pinion angles has to be changed for this lift...
  16. necessaryevil

private trails in or?

ok so my gf is wanting to do some wheelin, and im kindda looking for some one with a private trail in nw oregon couse i cant get a ATV permit, id be willing to kick down a few bucks to someone for a couple hours

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad