• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wakingtowinter

won't change source??

So I had to disconnect the battery the other day to do some work and when I reconnected it, I found that the head unit (Pioneer P5800MP) won't change sources. Looks like it only has tuner mode. I usually use aux mode for my ipod, but now when I hit the src button, it does nothing. Any ideas of...
  2. wakingtowinter

can I use MAF cleaner to clean my TB?

What's up guys. I need to clean my throttle body and I don't have any TB cleaner/carb cleaner around, just some MAF cleaner. Just wondering if I can save myself a trip to the parts store and $5, or does it have to be TB cleaner. Thanks.
  3. wakingtowinter

just installed some James Duff long arms, have some questions

What's up guys. So after about about three months of procrastination, I finally got around to installing my new extended radius arms after one of the tuff country ones snapped this summer. The install went pretty smoothly, and I just took it for a test drive tonight. Couple of things I noticed...
  4. wakingtowinter

how do you guys wire your stuff?

Trying to clean up the wiring under the hood and I don't want 6 wires coming off each battery terminal. How do you guys wire in stuff like lights, winches, radios, etc.? Do you use a terminal block or the power distribution box or what? I'm kind of a noob when it comes to electrical issues.
  5. wakingtowinter

unidentified hoses, anybody know what these go to?

I was changing my alternator the other night and I noticed this hose coming off the vacuum block going nowhere. Any idea where this vacuum hose is supposed to go? I tried plugging it with my finger while it was running, and it didn't seem to change anything. Also there is this hose coming...
  6. wakingtowinter

Moving to Wisconsin, question about vehicle licensing

So I'm finally moving back to the midwest. I got a job in northern WI and at the end of March I'm going to be packing up whatever I haven't sold/given away/thrown away into my truck and driving out there. I am curious if anybody can tell me if it really matters in what state I register my...
  7. wakingtowinter

getting the ranger ready for the drive.

Got some rear suspension questions, guys. It's a sad thing to do, but it's gotta be done. I've decided to lower the ranger a bit and put it on 33s. I'm packing all my stuff into my truck and moving to Wisconsin in a month, and this seems like a logical thing to do. Better gearing, hopefully a...
  8. wakingtowinter

swapping rear end

This is the forum reserved for emergency questions, e.g. you're fixing your daily driver and have an urgent question. Plenty of members on here have swapped in the 9 inch rear. Do a search and you will probably find most of your questions answered. Also check out the non-Ranger axle forum...
  9. wakingtowinter

halp me!! driveline dilemma

Had to start a duplicate thread in general discussions because the urgent forum isn't getting much traffic and this is my DD so I need info quick. Sorry for the clutter, mods can delete my other thread. So I finally got around to rolling the truck in the garage to swap in my M5OD HD from my...
  10. wakingtowinter

leafspring problem, need some help

Yesterday and friend and I were out exploring some forest roads in the ranger. One of the roads was in fairly bad shape with a couple of washouts, but the others were in decent condition with just some good-sized potholes. It was pretty mild stuff. When we got back out to the paved road, I did a...
  11. wakingtowinter

D35 TTB front truetrac?

So I got this D35 that came with 4.56s and a detroit locker. My rig sees too much pavement for this to be a good setup for me, and I want to be able to use 4x4 in snowy street conditions. I've heard that detroits can be a PITA in the snow, and if you've got a locked front you should just stay in...
  12. wakingtowinter

How NOT to haul a snowmobile

Today I drove to Yakima (in central WA for those of you unfamiliar, 2.5 hr drive one way for me) to pick up a Dana 35 with Yukon 4.56s and a Detroit. Picked it up and on the way back, going through the pass, passed this nutcase in a Colorado: Buy a fawkin trailer dude!! We passed him and then...
  13. wakingtowinter

Found a D35 on craigslist. Should I buy this??

This guy is asking $800 obo for his Dana 35 with Yukon 4.56 gears, Detroit locker and Warn HD hubs. I have a D35, but it needs to be regeared to 4.56 to match my rear, and I was planning on taking it into the shop sometime in the next couple weeks to get that done, because I don't know how to...
  14. wakingtowinter

Dually Econoline

Saw this on I-5 outside of Seattle...It was a church bus. Kinda funny because I don't think it even had a hitch. But it looked like a pretty good conversion.
  15. wakingtowinter

Problems with Stonecrusher steering setup

So I bought this ranger a couple weeks ago and the previous owner (99RangerKrazy on TRS, very nice guy) had installed the Stonecrusher steering setup. Getting it home (basically a 4 hour drive across WA) was not a big issue but there was a good deal of wandering and slop in the steering, which I...
  16. wakingtowinter

manual t-case + M5OD question

I just got a 92 Ranger that has a 4.0, FM146 and a BW1354 manual t-case. The truck used to be an automatic but at one point in its life an FM146 was swapped in. I have an M5OD-R1 HD that's in great shape that I put in my 94 Ranger just before it blew a head gasket. I'd like to put this in...
  17. wakingtowinter

94 seats into a 92??

I want to swap a 60/40 bench from a 94 ext cab into a 92 ext cab. What needs to be done? Does it matter which tracks I use or are they the same? Thank you very much
  18. wakingtowinter

4.0 OHV tapping

I finished up putting a new motor and trans in my truck last night. I got the engine from a wrecking yard for $450. It came out of a totaled 1994 explorer with 80K on it and was classified as a "grade A part", which probably doesn't mean much in a wrecking yard. I filled it with fresh synthetic...
  19. wakingtowinter

What on God's green earth...

what is this thing?? Came out of the block above the rear main, next to the lower intake. I am replacing my 4.0 in my ranger. I got a 4.0 from a wrecking yard which is apparently from a california explorer. using my old wiring harness, exhaust manifolds and intake plenum to change it back to a...
  20. wakingtowinter

clutch line disconnect?

So I'm almost ready to pull my engine and trans out, the ONLY things left are the hydraulic clutch line and the motor mounts. How does the clutch line disconnect? Can I use the same tool on it as is used for the fuel line quick disconnects? I went to the auto parts store and they said those...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad