• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Apollo-Soyuz 1975

Random question: DJM drop A-arms with stock springs?

I've been wanting to lower my truck, but ball joints are starting to go bad; now I need new A-arms on a tight budget. Will the DJM upper & lower A-arms play nice with the stock front springs/shocks until tax return time next year?
  2. Apollo-Soyuz 1975

ARGH... #4cyl broken spark plug electrode

Background: changed spark plugs + wires ~3 months ago. Autolite copper-core spark plugs (#764), Motorcraft plug wire set. Torqued to spec, about 20n-m per the workshop manual. Two weeks ago, the engine developed a slight hesitation under load... I thought probably vac leak, dirty MAF, or...
  3. Apollo-Soyuz 1975

1998 Ranger serpentine belt replacement - should I change out anything else?

My '98 Ranger (91,000 miles) needs a new serpentine belt as part of its pre-winter maintenance -- should I replace anything else along with it? I notice that RockAuto has listings for belt tensioner, tensioner pulley, and idler pulley -- should all three be replaced along with the belt?
  4. Apollo-Soyuz 1975

Lower ball joints on 3" drop beams

Set up a Photobucket or Imageshack account, then upload your photos there. You'll be able to post them here using the tags.
  5. Apollo-Soyuz 1975

Incremental audio upgrade - 1998 Ranger XLT regular cab

I've been looking at feasible audio upgrade paths for my truck (M100 cassette deck head unit, front door speakers only, rear speaker wiring runs to empty speaker mounts behind seats) since I bought it. Because I'm a part-time college student my budget is very tight, so I'm trying to sketch out...
  6. Apollo-Soyuz 1975

Just a guy and his truck

Hi all, I just joined up a couple days ago. A family friend sold me his base-model 1998 Ranger; 86,000 miles, 2.5 4-banger, 5-speed, and rear wheel drive. It's a stripper for sure (no tilt steering? whaa??), but this guy takes meticulous care of his cars, so that absolves a lot of sin :)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad