• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Severe Misfire Under Load and Intermittent Misfire at Idle

Hello all. It's been a long time since I've posted. I sold my old 86 BII several years ago to a forum member here but I've, in the past year, bought another 86 AND an 89. My issue is with the 86. Base model, manual everything. TK5 transmission with 3.73 limited slip rear. Running...
  2. Engine Oil Dipstick Tube

Howdy. I don't know how common this is but my newly acquired 86 B2 came complete with a rusted-in-half engine oil dipstick tube. Somebody shoved a piece of 3/8" or so black pipe on both halves and smeared JB weld around the joint between the pipe and the top half of the dipstick. Any suitable...
  3. Possibly getting back into these...!

Howdy all. After selling my B2 a few years ago, I've felt empty and dead. Mostly because I was forced to sell in order to purchase a minivan. Well, now half the kids are gone and I don't need 7 seats AND I've gotten clearance from the missus to banish the Windstar and buy whatever I want...
  4. Blasted TFI Ignition Control Module

Last year my OEM TFI decided it didn't want to play anymore so it packed up its toys and left. I replaced it with a lifetime warranty unit from Autozone (house brand). It ran fine until last Tuesday. I took it back to Autozone, they gave me a new one right there and I finally got around to...
  5. When it rains...

I've given up on the 4.0 swap for now as I took a job about 2 hours away and just don't have time/money to continue at the moment....SOOOOOO... I've been getting her back in order: Finally found a shop to shorten my Explorer Sport rear driveshaft to fit the BII. Only costing me $40 bucks...
  6. 1992 4.0 into 1986 BII - Project 4.OMG

This is my pseudo-build-thread. It's really meant more as a place for me to keep track of what I've done. I'm swapping a 4.0L from a 1992 Explorer into my 1986 Bronco II. Eventually I also plan to re-gear the Dana 35 front axle and 8.8-inch rear axle from the Explorer and install them in my...
  7. Some good from my BII for once :)

Been trying to find the cause of my foggy/filmy windows when I turned my heat on so I bought a new heater core and replaced it yesterday. Turns out that was the problem and...wow...that heater core sure is easy to replace! Since I can finally see out the front winders, I decided to plow...
  8. Severe Misfiring

Hi guys/gals. Got the hesitation problem worked out. Changed the forward-most fuel filter and the fuel pressure regulator. BII's been running OK...well...what little I've run it. Drove it to work this evening. Been raining off and on for about three days now. This is the first time I've...
  9. '86 BII XLT 4X4 - stumble

A few weeks ago, the truck died on me while waiting in traffic for road work. Finally got it to restart, tried again to drive home, and it died again...and again...and again. Diagnosed as a TFI Ignition Control Module. Replaced with one from Autozone. Truck refused to start after that...
  10. Master/Slave Cylinder Compatibility - M5OD

I nearly have my '86 BII back up and running. I junked the dead A4LD, bought a '92 Exploder donor, and swapped in an M5OD. Everything was going well until.... My new master cylinder that I bought to replace the old, leaky Ford part is acting funny. I cannot get enough stroke to disengage the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad