• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lights on buzzer - how to troubleshoot and replace

I have a 95 Ford Ranger XLT 5spd and the buzzer does not work. When I leave my keys in or the lights on and open the door it does not make a peep. I'd like to replace it as I have a tendency to leave my lights on when I'm in a rush. What is the actual part called? I cant find it online. Also...
  2. 95 2.3L 3.45 gear ratio - Want to go to 4.10

Been doing some research and reading anything I could find on the web, and it seems like I need to move up to the 4.10 gears from 3.45 for my 2.3 Ranger. It feels very under powered and accelerates horribly slow. I'm needing a better low end acceleration over 2-3 mpg on the highway. I just...
  3. 01 Sport Trac Instrument Cluster in 95 Ranger - Wiring Diagram for either?

I swapped out my bad cluster without tach with a good condition Sport Trac cluster with tach. Everything works without issue except for the tach. It will show proper idle rpms, but will not go above 2000 or so. I spoke with a mechanic and he stated that the tach needed a ground cable...
  4. 95 Ranger - New 01 Dash Tach not acting right

Just installed an '01 Sport Trac Dash in my '95 Ford Ranger 2.3l 5spd. It has a tach while my original dash did not. Everything works correctly, properly, and accurately except for the Tach. It acts sluggishly and does not go above 2500 rpm. Anybody know what would cause this? Where does it...
  5. 7.5 Open Rear End - What fluid?

Changing out my differential fluid shortly and need some official call on fluid type. My Hayes says ATF for a transfer case, but mine is a 2wd, and it doesn't specify for the differential. Autozone doesn't have record of it either. The Ford 150 site says the synthetic 75w90 works great for...
  6. 2.3L Anyone out there actually swapped their injectors for bigger ones?

Just wanted to get actual testimonies from people who have actually done this and what the results were. Also, what other mods they made along with the injector swap. Thanks!
  7. Speedometer still not working - whats left to check?

So in following the tech page, and then the sticky page I have swapped the VSS and the fuses for both the instrument panel and the speedometer. Two separate fuses in two separate places. I'm fairly certain the cable is working as the Check Engine light was on before replacing the VSS and now...
  8. 2.3L: How much coolant? What flush is best?

Hey guys, trying to flush the coolant today, need to know how much coolant the system + reservoir actually takes. The previous owner looks to be running nearly straight water in the thing :bawling: and so Im going to go ahead and flush it and possibly run some CLR in it. Anyone got a...
  9. How many quarts of tranny fluid?

I'm fairly certain I have a M50D-R1 as my truck has the "m" code, but where can I find how much fluid it takes? I'm replacing a bad VSS and didn't realize it went all the way into the tranny...fluid went everywhere :D So off to the autoparts store for me for a pan and fluid...but how much sirs?
  10. Replacing the rubber plugs in a M50D-R1

I found in the Manual Transmission tech page that I have a M50D-R1, and that all three rubber plugs need to be replaced. I'm planning on changing out the tranny fluid any way and want to go ahead and replace those plugs when I do it. I was able to find the Dorman cup plug P/N 555-108 but not the...
  11. 95 Ranger XLT 2.3L Performance Issues and Mods

Hey guys just bought a thoroughly used Ranger XLT 2.3L off of some guy and needing to do some maintenance to it. Figured with all the cool mods on this forum I'd use those upgrades as replacement parts, etc. For starters my Hayes manual is on its way from Amazon, and I'm needing to get the...
  12. Replacement Side Mirror Bolt-on Upgrade for 95 Ranger XLT?

Hey guys, new to the board, and just got my first Ford Ranger :headbang:. She's a green XLT 4 cyclinder and needs a few replacement parts: the first being the passenger side mirror. I've seen a thread or two from searching about upgrading to newer generation side mirrors but can't find exactly...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad