• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wanted 14” beauty rings

Looking for at least 1 chrome beauty ring for a 14” factory wheel before I gamble on a set from Amazon or ebay
  2. Wanted 83-92 Passenger fender and door

Looking for a decent (would love white in color) passenger fender and door for an 88 Ranger. I’m in central Texas.
  3. Fuel tank removal with bed on

I've pulled the fuel tank about 3 times now but always pulled the bed because I couldn't see an easy way of connecting and tightening the filler neck hose. I was wondering if it's possible and how you guys pull a gas tank with the bed on. I'm fed up with trying to patch this tank and gonna try...
  4. 1st Gen electric fan?

What have you guys used on a 1st Gen Ranger for an electric fan? I picked up a Taurus fan and its waaay close to the water pump pulley.
  5. Tk to M5, longer speedo cable?

Going from a TK trans to a M5od and the speedo cable that runs to the transfer case is way to short now. Looking at Rockauto, they offer a 72" and 80" cable. Which one should I use?
  6. Anybody near Houston or Waller?

Anybody near Houston or more particular Waller? I was hoping to find someone that could pick up a couple of center caps from this fella and ship them to me. I can't make an 8hr round trip for 2 center caps and he won't ship them. I need 2 off the rear of the black and gold B2 or blue B2...
  7. Source for new fuel tank? 1992 year

My backyard fix didn't last on the punctured 92 plastic tank so I'm trying to find a new one since most local wrecking yards pop a hole in theirs. I'm trying to find one from a 92 regular cab and not having any luck on ebay or the likes.
  8. Instrument cluster wire question

I'm in the middle of swapping in a tach cluster in my 83 and noticed that on the printed circuit there is a circuit that runs to one side of the oil gauge, temp gauge, fuel gauge and the small silver box. Well, it doesn't have a wire hooked to it in the harness plug, should it?
  9. Anything in the vin to tell if it's a SOHC?

I'm still hunting for a 4.0 SOHC motor and was looking at wrecked auctions but the don't have pictures of the motor. They do list vins tho, is there anything that would tell if it's what I need? Edit I found the vin decoder page, but if the 8th digit is what engine it has what does a K mean?
  10. Help tracing wire on 83 Ranger

83 4cyl Ranger has a male 8 pin plug coming from the cab into the engine bay. There is a Grey/yellow wire in it that is hot on start and run but I don't know what it was originally used for and can't find it in the diagrams in the tech section. I have the female side of the plug but the wire...
  11. How rare is side moulding on 1st gen rangers?

My 83 is missing some side moulding on the driver fender and I'm having nine kinds of hell trying to find any let alone some in good shape. I've only seen one other that had the moulding and it was just a picture. Every wrecking yard I go to looks at me kinda squirrely and questions if they ever...
  12. Pulling SOHC motor, what tools should I take?

I'm looking at picking up another 4.0 SOHC for my sister's Explorer at picknpull. Besides the normal socket set, probably more metric than standard sockets what else should I take? Is it easier to pull the motor and trans from an Explorer or separate it in the car? Does the motor have lift...
  13. Transfercase shifter, 1350 behind a M5od

Does anyone have a picture of what one looks like? Or what do y'all do for linkage?
  14. 1st Gen wiper motor removal

Whats the magic trick to remove the wiper motor from the truck? I couldn't get the drive arm out of the two wiper arms. I ended up unbolting the drive arm from the wiper motor itself.
  15. M5OD: 2.3 and 4.0, which main cluster is which

Well, I'm in the middle of doing the main shaft 4x4 swap in a 2.3 m5od and have both the 2.3 and 4.0 main clusters apart on the work bench when I lost track of which is which. Which one is which? If the 2.3 is geared higher will the first gear closest to the motor have less teeth?
  16. Anyone guess my paint code/color?

I've found one color chart but not sure if its right. The door tag is wore off so I can't do it the easy way. Here's a pic and the truck is an 83.
  17. What year did Rangers go to coil packs?

Like the title says, what year did the 2.3 rangers go from a distributor to coil packs?
  18. FM to M5od, now transfer case doesn't work

I pulled two M5od's one was a 2wd 4cyl the other was 4.0 4wd. I swapped everything over to have a 4wd 4cyl M5od and now the stock 83 manual transfer case won't bolt up. It looks like the FM output shaft is smaller. Is it possible to pull the input shaft from the 1354(electric) transfer case and...
  19. Duel tanks and efi

If an 88 model truck had an external fuel pump only would using one of those fuel pumps work on a duel tank setup inbetween the fuel selector valve and the motor?
  20. Can you stab motor/trans/transfercase in one time?

Since I already have the transmission and transfer case out I'm gonna pull the motor and fix a few things. Is it possible, if I bolt all three back together that I can stick it all in at once?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad