• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Put a deposit on a new ATV!

Saturday I went ahead and put a $500 cash deposit on a Lightly used Grizzly 450 with 51 miles on it. It was either that or a brand new leftover 2012 big bear 400. Currently waiting till Monday for the banks to come back with financing offers. However, while I'm waiting I went back to the website...
  2. My first ranger.

Is for sale on craigslist. It was my first vehicle and first ranger...paid $725 for it and drove it for about 3 years. Sold it and got an F150 for about 6 months then went back to an '11 ranger. Kinda wish I hadn't just blown $1200 on a trip to florida. I'd probably buy it back. Miss that truck...
  3. To you dealer techs...

Does anyone know if Installing a volt meter in my truck will void any kind of warranty? Its only a few wires. The lack of an oil pressure and Volt meter are driving me insane. All i've got is the Fuel gauge and Temp. I know I ordered a barebones truck but....
  4. What year radios fit in a 2011?

Just bought a 2011 ranger reg cab, but it only has the AM/FM tuner, No CD player. I definitely need something a bit extra, so would a radio from say an '06 fit? I know they didn't change much over the years, but shopping on ebay is impossible. no buyers wanna guarantee that the radios i'm...
  5. Tacoma or Ranger

Just spend a good half hour combing over some search results....most of the threads I read were just People spewing back and forth about how Ranger>Tacoma or Visa Versa only because they prefer that brand. Not really what i was looking for. With fords discontinuing of the ranger I've got a...
  6. F**king Rust!

Well, I found out why my ranger makes such obnoxious noises when I hit bumps or come up my driveway. The whole front Body is moving around thanks to the salt we use. Front Rad cradle is gone as are the mounts pretty much. NY winters: 1 My ranger: 0 Its not weldable, I cant grind a clean...
  7. New to me '07 F150

Well, heres my new to me F150. Its a 2007 XLT 5.4L Triton. Manual shift 4wd. Auto Trans. Not a bad truck, But I think instead of refinancing next year on this loan, I'll be trading it in for a brand new 5 speed ranger. I really don't need a full size and I LOATHE this (or any for that matter)...
  8. Anyone had an experience with Auction Direct?

Bought an F150 from them. Was just going to have them replace the bad ball joint they sold with the truck but now I'm seeing small oil spots around the oil pan and tranny cooler. So To hell with it, I wanna use the 3 day 500 mile money back guarantee. Only had it for 2 days now, have one more to...
  9. Idler pulley help now-flew apart last nite and truck is in someone elses driveway

ok long story short my idler pulley grenaded on me last nite. Took the bolt, everything with it. I need to know what kind of bolt is in there because the auto parts store doesn't list it. Is it a dealer part? what kind of thread is it? can i get one from a hardware store or? I really need help...
  10. Front main seal, and shift knob question.

Got a couple of questions that i figured i'd just pile into one post. First one being, how hard is the front mail seal to change? Was doing an oil change and noticed the leak, its a very small one, but idk how long it will stay small. second, is the shift knob from 4th gen rangers...
  11. Pennzoil synchromesh. Gets an A+ From me.

Just figured i'd put up my opinion on the Pennzoil synchromesh fluid!!! I have a 97 Ranger, 4wd, 5 speed. Just swapped from Mercon V to The Pennzoil today. And i must say, HUGE improvement. My gears are no longer notchy when shifting, and the noise i hear from the gearbox went down a lot to. I...
  12. single piece drive shaft swap.

got a question i hope you all can help me out with. Specs for my ranger are: 1997 XLT 4x4. 4.0L V6, 5 speed M5OD. I was wondering if there is any bolt on single piece driveshaft that would require no mods other than removing the carrier bearing support? I have a 2 piece now, and have an...
  13. anyone got advice?

So, my faithful ford ranger is really starting to show its 14 years of service in NYS (2 words: road salt) slow engine oil leakout of valve cover, front differential seals leaking, transfer case slow dripping. power steering fluid slow dripping...driveshaft is shot to hell...my parents tell me...
  14. front axle seals

does anyone know how much it would cost to have a dealer replace the front differential seals and axle u joints on my 97 ranger? 4.0L 4x4. 5 speed. thanks. would do it myself but don't have the time.
  15. input shaft bearing on M5OD

have a 97 4.0L 4x4, M5OD tranny...got home from the store the other day and noticed a noise that was only there when tranny was engaged. if i pushed the clutch it went away. now i'm assuming this is the input shaft bearing, its definitely a bad bearing noise. my question is...will it last...
  16. fender flares!!!!

I just got done recently having my fender flares and grille painted black to match the truck. My brother does body work for a living, so i prepped 'em, and he hit 'em with the OEM black paint out of a gun. looks killer. and i cant wait to buff the truck cause then everything will really match...
  17. About to take the bed off for the first time...

well i'm finally fixing my filler neck, bout to take the bed off for the first time in 14 years...and i live in NYS :/ been soaking them in PB blast for 3 nights now, except for the back left one i cant get. Any chance they'll be savable when they come out? any tips on doing this? if they break...
  18. EGR problem

Got a 1997 4.0L 5 speed 4x4. its throwing me a P0401 code, EGR flow insufficient. The EGR and DPFE are both brand new as of last year, and working fine as far as i know. i tested the EGR but how do i test the DPFE? My only other 2 thoughts are the Vacuum control solenoid, or plugged exhaust tube...
  19. Confused with fluid...

Ok i'm confused on this. I really need to change my t case fluid. has 137k on it, previous owner sucked at maintenance. I've got people telling me i HAVE to put Mercon in, some saying i can Use Dex/Merc or Dex/Merc III. Well, what can i use? i just want the t case not to blow up. i don't care...
  20. done with my clutch job, pics inside.

well, as some of you may know, i had a problem with my clutch not disengaging when my truck warmed up. Me and a buddy got it all torn apart and found, of coruse, a bad slave cylinder. internal leak. i think it was a defective part when we put it in last year, because with the new slave, my pedal...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad