• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. driving rpms

what should the cruising rpm beat 55 mph has a 2.9 v6, a4ld, driving in just 2wd, right now im sitting at about 2700rpms, and was thinking it seemed a little bit high, and how would i be able to change this?
  2. cruising rpms

what should the cruising rpm beat 55 mph has a 2.9 v6, a4ld, driving in just 2wd, right now im sitting at about 2700rpms, and was thinking it seemed a little bit high, and how would i be able to change this?
  3. transmission wonders

ok, so i just replaced the felxplate on my 1990 ranger 2.9 v6 4x4 automatic. put everything back together, and now when i accelerate it has no power but once it gets going it starts catching up, then when it shifts into 4th it bogs down a lil bit, and it wont shift into overdrive, does anyone...
  4. flexplate bolts

my felxplate sheared in the middle, i got the trans off and the plate off the t.c. but i cant get the bolts that held the flexplate to the crank, any i deas of what to do to get them off?
  5. trans bolts

how many bolts hold the bellhousing to the engine on 1990 ranger 2.9l v6 4x4?
  6. 2.9 engine

ok, i have a blown head gasket, i was thinking id just rather buy a used engine and swap it in, it seems alot easier then doing the gasket. what do you guys think?
  7. head gasket

ok how do i tell which side of my head gasket did i blow, and can i get away with changing just that one side? 2.9 v6
  8. need input

ok i bought this 90 ford ranger 4x4 2.9 v6, did a basic tune up on it and an oil change, now i believe it to have a blown head gasket, what do you guys think i should do with it and should i pour in some liquid gasket fixer or what?
  9. shifting

ok so i have a 1990 ranger 2.9l v6 4x4 with auto trans, has a rebuilt trans in it, it sat for the winter. my problem is its not shifting right at all, i have to release the throttle to get it to shift but when i try going faster it downshifts again, warm or cold, im thinking it could be a vacuum...
  10. coolant leak

i have a 1990 ford ranger 2.9 awd, it has a coolant leak, i know the location, its above the water pump and below the thermostat housing. its behind the a/c condensor and it has a three prong plug hooked into it, kinda looks like a c shape plug in, but the whole peice itself is a circle and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad