• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dana axles under a b2

ok so lately ive really wanted to build up my b2. and the other day i found 1974 F250 axles dana 60 rear and dana 44 front. will the 44 fit and line up with the transfer case? i know i will have to bring in the spring perches but i can do that. also for the front i will be adding leafs. i just...
  2. getting into crawling

hey guys so i have decided to get into crawling recently. i want to build a b2 into a worthy trail rig. i was thinking a d30 up front sas and a exploder 8.8 in the rear. also for the sas i was wondering what is better for crawling budget/fab wise, leafs or go with coilovers. i know leafs are...
  3. motor stays revved tranny lifting??

hey guys im back :yahoo: after 9 months of being lost and pissed off at my vw bug i got my head on straight again and bought my latest danger ranger (maybe number 3 is the lucky one) this time a 93 3.0 4x4 5 speed but i have one issue with it. the tranny feels like its lifting or my motor is...
  4. switching auto hubs to manual

hey guys just got back to the ranger scene after a wild ride with a volkswagen and bought a new ranger its a 93 3.0 4x4 5 speed anyways i want to switch my hubs form auto to manual and was wondering if there is any way the hubs form a set a extended d28s sitting in my yard could fit on the dana...
  5. Im back finally

hey guys im back ive been away on a crazy ride with my vw bug (which is for sale if any one wants to buy it) and finally got my head on straight again and have a ford whew:yahoo: unforcanitly the danger ranger is long gone but the new one is rad a nice update from an 87 ill say
  6. do i have all i need???

ok so i got an 8.8 from a explorer it disc brakes do i have everything i need to install my new spool and 4.56 gears in my 87 ranger?? 1) new mini G2 spool 2) new G2 ring and pinion 3) new gear install kit 4) and a truss form T&T customs coming in as soon as i get a pay check (getting new...
  7. ghetto = length beams!?

:icon_confused:so i saw an ad on CR and it had two equal beams from a 70s econoline van or f series i cant remember and he was saying to use them as ghetto = length beams. would this work for a ranger with some cutting and turnin or what? i dont have the cash to throw down for a produced set. i...
  8. want headers what is recommended?

hey guys i was looking for headers and came across pacesetter headers. now they list them as 70-1118 88-89 Ford Ranger, Bronco II, 2.9L, 4WD, exc. column shift". what will fit my 87 2.9 4wd automatic??? what is different about the 87 as to the 88???:icon_confused: ive noticed alot of companies...
  9. SAS newbie

what am i looking at as far as costs to put in a basic SAS setup with a dana 30 and a locker. i have a 87 ranger ex cab with a 2.9 just want a general idea for simple crawling in socal
  10. Buying new prerunner want some advice

hey guys Happy New Year!! anyways im looking to buy a prerunner i found and want to know about a 3.0 motor and a manual tranny in a prerunner want some advice thanks
  11. Deaver/chevy 64 mix

hey guys i want to mix my deaver and some 64in chevy springs can this work?? would it be worth it?? and how should i do it?
  12. What do i need to complete my axle???

i got a explorer 8.8 and im want to put 4.56 gears and a mini spool or full spool (haven't diecied yet) but what else do i need to get to finish the axle? i know i asked in another thread but they were talking about split carriers on a d35. i want to get it done so it can be under my truck and...
  13. Shackle Flip and Deavers Not Hard To Do

hey guys just wanna say i did a hanger/shackle flip today and i dont know why everyone says its is such a pain in the ass it took me 40mins to grind the rivets and $325 dollars in parts to do ($300 for deavers and shackles+$15 in grade 8 nuts and bolts+a grinding disc+tarp+a wire wheel) in two...
  14. travel with a 64in chevy swap

how much travel could i expect to possibly acheive with a 64in chevy swap re-arched 10 in and 7-9in shackles as oppossed to deaver springs and a flipped shackle? also what king of shock setup should i use or what is the best?? thanks to any respones!
  15. Another rear shackle flip question

ok so i want to do a 64 in shackle flip but i have a question about the rear shackle why is it ran 180degrees upside down wouldnt 90 degree turn give more up travel and then in turn way more down travel it makes no sense to completly flip it to me!! can someone tell me why? or is it just to hard...
  16. Is it possible to run 3 link with leaf springs??

ok so i was thinking about this the other day and need some experince/insight. could i possibly run 3 link and leaf springs or would it ruin the geomatry of the suspension and not cycle right or has some maybe seen it? it would save cash but would it be worth it???
  17. HELP how do you measusre wheel travel can some one explain this to me?

i need help to understand wheel travel for my ranger im getting 8in over 4x4 ibeams with 6in lift and need help with shocks and just general advice also advice for coilovers FOX or KING? im new to most this and on a buget Dont be harsh
  18. converting 1987 2.9 4x4 to 4.0 HELP!!!

what do i need to convert 2.9 auto 4x4 to 4.0 5 speed with my same 4wheel drive help greatly apprietated

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad